Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 12:50 AM
I did that once as a Test Subject, but I was new to the website and thought post count mattered. Now that I've known that it doesn't, it does kind of get annoying to see people doing that. We get it, you're first to post, lets throw a party. :Slap: I don't think it works that way...but, anyway, caught someone doing it today, as well as everyday. As jms said, they don't even say a simple, "Thank You," well some of them do, but most of them don't. Thanks for the notice on the "contest"!

-KH :howdy:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 2:03 AM Last edited by sgoobysnacks29 : 31st Aug 2005 at 2:14 AM.
Ok for someone who said they need to stop posting "yay im first" ...uv just devoted an entire thread to it....

I mean come on for god sake...whats the problem with someone saying "yay im first"?.....iv never done it myself....but i honestly dont see the harm in it what so ever...its no different than saying "well done" or "nice work" its completely harmless....come on ...its not like they just pee'd in ur cornflakes is it?

Is this what this site has come to...censorship of harmless type?...i could see ur point if it was offensive...but its clearly not....then threatning to ban someone for typing it..."MY GOD" talk about an over reaction.....i really think some of u ppl need to calm down and stop taking the mad pills.

in not having a go at u CynicalChick ...ur a nice lass from what i can remember but this it taking things a bit to far i think.

End of rant :rant:

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
Field Researcher
#28 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Max3D : 7th Sep 2005 at 9:39 PM.
wow i'm 29 that post here :D

i've a solution !!!! .. kill em all (as metallica sing) :lol

i think that happen 'cause this is a great site and the 2nd post will be readed for sure...
at the end the reply to the "download" post aren't alwasy usefull
the hack is an exception.. but if u take the 80% of that post are something like

wooow koool .. i loove it.. etc. etc..
no1 tell about the wrong texture allignment or that the legs of the chair are weird :P

i dunno why all that "sound" about a precompiled string to post
try keep a low profile, they will stop alone sooner or l8r.. (maybe never)

and what about my english probably only me can undrestand that post re-

....................................................maaaaa !!! where is my beer ?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:59 PM
I think I was first once and may have said something sarcastic. To be honest though, what I find far more intriguing is the fact that everytime I post, I am ALWAYS last. It's really weird. It's happening again on this thread too, can you see? Weird, I tell you.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 6:02 AM
Hmm..never done that before...(The first post thing) 'cause it never occoured to me.. guess i'm growing old finally....he he..ahh what on earth..I say live and let live..
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 12:55 PM
Thanks for the information, CynicalChick!
We love all the info you give us (and your fellow moderators as well).
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 3:02 PM Last edited by niol : 17th Sep 2005 at 3:06 PM.
Frankly, I'd be annoyed if someone did that to the threads I started when not at least commenting or suggesting coz that person is wasting my time to check the posts and the MTS2 resources.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 8:14 PM
I find it very annoying that someone would post "yay, I'm first" and then leave no further comments. I was never the first to respond to a thread. Normally, I would wait a while just so that I could see how everyone else liked (or didn't like) the download. However, I rather enjoyed the post counter. It was more like a motivation for me. I could also see how heavily (or not) other MTS2 members are involved. Seeing that post counter reminded me to leave a comment after I've downloaded any custom content. I'm sure that the creaters/modders enjoy reading meaningful comments from fellow MTS2 members. I miss the counter. But what is done, is done. It's always the few handful of annoying people that mess things up for everyone else...

"Squeeze First. Ask Questions Last. That's How Most of These So-Called Gangstas Pass."
- The Notorious B.I.G. (1973-1997)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 3:04 PM
And then again this comment http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95162
was not posted to get first, but you edited as it was.
It`s enough to check the other post she made comments in, they are pretty much the same if she post first or last like this one http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94256
Page 2 of 2