16 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#13351 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:49 PM
@Phantomknight I agree with Justpetro, that layout and furnishing is super-sweet!

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13352 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does anyone know how to extract a Maxis mesh if the PJSE tool in SimPE doesn't work? I can't make it extract either the CM zombie mesh or the AF toga mesh.

I never use that PJSE tool. I guess I am used to the Finder Tab to find all my fours I need...
ETA If the CM Zombie does not show up using the finder tab, let me know. Whenever I want to use some of the Spooky Set meshes, I must build my mesh package using the fours that are in the EA_Spooky_Set folder within my Downloads folder, because SimPE cannot find them.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#13353 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:47 PM
Has anyone ever put a hotel in a Uni hood?

Did it implode the hood or just did not work?

I'm thinking there are times when a dorm student might want a little privacy with a date. Of course, they could always just go on vacation or to a non-Uni hood. But if you look at real campuses, there are often hotels and motels nearby. Some are actually on-campus.

It's not critical that I put a hotel in a Uni hood. And in the past, using some mod tricks, I actually did have a hotel on a campus. But that was before BV. Way before. And I know that certain lots can act really strange when it comes to anything having to do with Uni.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#13354 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:24 AM
I've put a Notell Motel in more than one University hood, but I made no attempt to make it function as a hotel. It's just a community lot with beds and other woohoo locations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13355 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:28 AM
No hotel here, but I built a Bed & Breakfast. They can get served food (restaurant podium, cook stove etc..) and there are bedrooms with beds/showers. Just a woohoo location to use Peni's words. So useful, when uni students roll wants to dine out with their date and then they roll a want to...well, that's it.

Alchemist
#13356 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:55 AM
about hotels; from my understanding, they function like community lots in non-vacation hood types. in shipped version.
in vacation sub-neighborhoods; vacationing sims I take can book one lot at a time and I take any non-booked hotel would function like a community lot (after a lot is booked).
Mad Poster
#13357 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
No hotel here, but I built a Bed & Breakfast. They can get served food (restaurant podium, cook stove etc..) and there are bedrooms with beds/showers. Just a woohoo location to use Peni's words. So useful, when uni students roll wants to dine out with their date and then they roll a want to...well, that's it.

I had a B&B in one of my old Uni hoods, pre-BV. Ah the memories of that hood ...

Mad Poster
#13358 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:01 AM
My game has been modded for so long that sometimes it's hard to remember what is a mod and what isn't. I was hoping one of you might be able to help me clear up what the vanilla behavior is with turning off tv. When a Sim stops watching, either on their own or by cancelling the interaction, do they turn off the tv automatically in vanilla? I could have sworn that it's a mod I have that makes them do so, but I can't seem to find any that seem to fit that bill which makes me wonder if maybe it's simply personality-related or something.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13359 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:33 AM
I think they turn it off automatically if they want to. Like the radio, they may choose to turn it off or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13360 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:45 AM
Personality related yes. I have no mods for turning on/off a tv. Some sims, most of them, will turn it off when done watching. Some might just leave it on, and go do something else.

Mad Poster
#13361 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:53 AM
I never use that PJSE tool. I guess I am used to the Finder Tab to find all my fours I need...
ETA If the CM Zombie does not show up using the finder tab, let me know. Whenever I want to use some of the Spooky Set meshes, I must build my mesh package using the fours that are in the EA_Spooky_Set folder within my Downloads folder, because SimPE cannot find them.

I totally forgot that the Spooky set was in my Downloads. *facepalm* Thanks! The problem with the toga was that it didn't extract the right mesh. It gave me a female pantsuit instead. PJSE does that with some meshes, idk why.
Mad Poster
#13362 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Apr 2018 at 3:10 AM.
Great then! But did you try using the Finder tab for the toga one?..and does this gives you the proper mesh? I never tried that one.
Duh..I just realized, that the toga does not show up in BS, probably because it is hidden. I told you I never tried that one! lol
But I had no problem finding the mesh and its friends, in Finder tab. afbodyToga

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13363 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 3:07 AM
I have a mod that stops them changing the channel and one for angled viewing, but that's all I could find. I think there may be one that makes them turn it off though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13364 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:09 AM
Great then! But did you try using the Finder tab for the toga one?..and does this gives you the proper mesh? I never tried that one.
Duh..I just realized, that the toga does not show up in BS, probably because it is hidden. I told you I never tried that one! lol
But I had no problem finding the mesh and its friends, in Finder tab. afbodyToga

Took me a while to find the finder lol. I'd never even noticed it there before. Didn't get anything with an object search. Which search should I use?
Top Secret Researcher
#13365 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 8:59 AM
I know that there is a problem with Setting an Employee to wear a Unform with the Employee changing faces and losing Makeup or Facial Hair. Does the Gussy-Up Plugin fix this? What is the Gussy-Up Plugin and were would I find it? Also does the Gussy-Up Plugin work with some larger Mod?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#13366 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:52 AM
Thanks Jo and Rosebine, I'll just have to take a look at code when I can and see

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#13367 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I know that there is a problem with Setting an Employee to wear a Unform with the Employee changing faces and losing Makeup or Facial Hair. Does the Gussy-Up Plugin fix this? What is the Gussy-Up Plugin and were would I find it? Also does the Gussy-Up Plugin work with some larger Mod?

Yes it does, but it's not a global fix. It's been a while since I've done it, but I believe you'd have to change the appearance of the sim with the messed up face, then get the sim to change out of, then back into, their uniform.

And you can find the mod in Christianlov's repository on simbology: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0, or in this thread on MTS: http://modthesims.info/t/522184.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#13368 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 4:28 PM
I downloaded a Criss Hatch mod that created miscarraiges, but can't find where I got them, and don't remember how they work. And besides, don't know why I have TWO: "CJH pregnancy control & miscarraige" & "...miscarraige3." Anyone have more info?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#13369 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:52 PM
Took me a while to find the finder lol. I'd never even noticed it there before. Didn't get anything with an object search. Which search should I use?

NameMap search, then Regular Expression. add a dot and an asterisk before and after the name you are searching for, like so :
.*afbodyToga.* You can see on the picture I attached (last post)

Mad Poster
#13370 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:57 AM
NameMap search, then Regular Expression. add a dot and an asterisk before and after the name you are searching for, like so :
.*afbodyToga.* You can see on the picture I attached (last post)

Got it, thanks! Already added sexy feet to my toddler one; now I can do both.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#13371 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:16 AM Last edited by gazania : 3rd May 2018 at 6:38 AM.
My curiosity got the better of me and after backing up my game (because if you try a stunt like this, backing up your game is always a good idea!), I put my scrubby so-called cheap motel in the scrubbier area of my Uni hood. I found out before BV that even using mods, a non-BV motel in a Uni hood really didn't quite have that motel feel to me. For one thing, unless you use a dummy Sim, the front desk is always empty! While my feelings toward Freezy the housekeeper have been oft-repeated (and barely avoiding using colorful language), a concierge would be useful.

So in the hotel went. And the good news ...

It works fantastically as a hotel! My hotels/motels are Freezy-resistant, and Freezy behaved. No freezing anywhere. The concierge/bellhop delivered goodies, my two college students had their rendezvous in their room, and Sims booked the other rooms. Great! Generally, that is a sign that the hotel/motel is working successfully.

What I like is that if my two students are going to go off for some stolen moments, that counts toward their school time. I don't usually want community time adjustments in the game, but I like it with Uni hoods. I like Uni hoods, but I also don't want my students graduating after ten years, since I play them on many community lots.

The bad news (and really, I should have taken this into account) is that it attracts vacation Sims. Since I have this fantastic talent of finding weird and obscure ways to corrupt hoods, that concerns me. These are safe vacation Sims. Bigfoot is not checking in. But as far as I know, very few people have done this (and I haven't read of someone who actually did it). I don't think this will corrupt my hood, since you can invite vacation Sims to a main hood and main Sims to a Uni hood. But it makes me uneasy. Did I find still another weird way to corrupt a hood? I have my backup game, though, just in case.
Screenshots

Scholar
#13372 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 1:57 PM
When I saw using a hotel at a university 'hood mentioned I thought that's something I haven't tried and did it straight away as well. I was a little concerned when a holiday family arrived with a teenager, (teens risk aging up at a university 'hood) but there was no problems whatsoever. Had my YA book a room and she was sent off to class from the hotel, returned as normal and everything ran exactly as it should, although it did cost her §615 for one night's accommodation.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I downloaded a Criss Hatch mod that created miscarraiges, but can't find where I got them, and don't remember how they work. And besides, don't know why I have TWO: "CJH pregnancy control & miscarraige" & "...miscarraige3." Anyone have more info?

If you grab the latest Globe (CJH_GlobalSculpture(Pets+).zip =1.18mb), the included instruction includes a direct link to the latest pregnancy controller as well as links to other stuff that makes use of the Globe. That also includes the new underground railway so your sims can actually catch a train between sub-hoods.
Mad Poster
#13373 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 3:04 PM
Oooo, guess where I am going to put a hotel next?

I always had hotels in my main hood and some of the subhoods - but I never actually thought of placing one down in my Uni hood. And actually, it is perfect - I mean, it can be seen as a place for visiting professors or researchers to stay! Thanks, @gazania
Mad Poster
#13374 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That also includes the new underground railway so your sims can actually catch a train between sub-hoods[/I].

Damn, I wanna see your new stuff. Stupid website refusing to work for me. DX
Mad Poster
#13375 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:02 PM
Got it, thanks! Already added sexy feet to my toddler one; now I can do both.

You are welcome!

Page 535 of 1339