Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#13326 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Check out Cyjon's Ghost Mod.

Cyjon says his is based on TJ's Ghost Mod at Simbology.

Thanks! I should've assumed Cyjon had a mod for this.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#13327 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:17 PM
Recently I download KitWPetEyeFix.zip from someone called KitW I guess , and it has two package files KitW_KittenEyesFix.package and KitW_PuppyEyesFix.package in the zip file. I kinda of think I got the download link from a conversation here, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know who these files are authored by? Also I gather that they fix some issue with Kitten and Puppy eyes, but does anyone know more precisely what they are for? I like to keep track of who created what I have if I can so I would appreciated some help on this.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#13328 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:45 PM
I think they're on Tumblr as kitteninthewindow or something. Their SFS account has a different name, though. I think it's supposed to fix the baby pets not having the right eye colour.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13329 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Recently I download KitWPetEyeFix.zip from someone called KitW I guess , and it has two package files KitW_KittenEyesFix.package and KitW_PuppyEyesFix.package in the zip file. I kinda of think I got the download link from a conversation here, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know who these files are authored by? Also I gather that they fix some issue with Kitten and Puppy eyes, but does anyone know more precisely what they are for? I like to keep track of who created what I have if I can so I would appreciated some help on this.

here-dear
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...910#post5309910

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#13330 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Is there a way (easy way) to find out how a sim died w/o seein their ghost? Is the info in SimPE, but not hidden in the code somewhere that would make my eyes cross :P
long ago I answered a similar question; I think some version of this thread.
the raw data of death memories is unlabeled.
Top Secret Researcher
#13331 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
here-dear
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...910#post5309910

Oh thanks very much as that post is exactly what I was looking for, I was pretty sure that I found the download link on some thread here, but I could not find it. BTW I did use Google in an effort to find the thread and I used Advanced Search here on MTS both with out success.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#13332 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:24 AM
You are welcome.

Alchemist
#13333 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:09 PM
Which key do you press to place half a floor tile? I know Ctrl + F gives you a quarter tile, but I thought there was another option for 1/2 tiles.
Mad Poster
#13334 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
I must have asked this ten times already, but I keep forgetting the answer. I apologize.

Not only am I not that fond of the Broke house, even with a makeover, the lot seems glitched. I have slowly moved occupants over to other lots. Only Dustin remains.

It is entirely, absolutely safe to move Dustin out and leave the house empty, correct? I think it might actually be fine to raze the lot because unlike the other Pleasantview deaths, this one does not have an official tombstone or urn ... right? I can't see leaving a glitched lot in the hood. I can always make a memorial to dear old Dad Skip in my mausoleum .... use a vase instead of an urn or something.

What have you folks done with the Broke house?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13335 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Which key do you press to place half a floor tile? I know Ctrl + F gives you a quarter tile, but I thought there was another option for 1/2 tiles.

I don't think there is- you just have to click twice for half tile, don't you...? Now I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure!
Mad Poster
#13336 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:18 PM
I place fence first, then lay my tile, then delete the fence bit. That works...

Alchemist
#13337 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think there is- you just have to click twice for half tile, don't you...? Now I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure!
That's what I've been doing, but I could've sworn that you could choose half tiles too. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, though.

Gazania, you can move Dustin out. Skip doesn't have a grave.
Link Ninja
#13338 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 8:24 PM
I'm assuming you have it in a user start up but the control F is what you push after typing in 'boolProp setQuarterTilePlacement on' to activate the mechanism so I also assume since the cheat specifically mentions quarter tiles that the control F is strictly related to quarter tiles movement activation. I don't recall a cheat for half tiles in that manner.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#13339 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:36 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 26th Apr 2018 at 7:35 PM.
about half-tile flooring; I think the only ways are the following::
-quarter tile twice.
-fence/wall.
-diagonal foundation/deck; though I think not stage.

edit:: stage works on at least ground level.
Forum Resident
#13340 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I must have asked this ten times already, but I keep forgetting the answer. I apologize.

Not only am I not that fond of the Broke house, even with a makeover, the lot seems glitched. I have slowly moved occupants over to other lots. Only Dustin remains.

It is entirely, absolutely safe to move Dustin out and leave the house empty, correct? I think it might actually be fine to raze the lot because unlike the other Pleasantview deaths, this one does not have an official tombstone or urn ... right? I can't see leaving a glitched lot in the hood. I can always make a memorial to dear old Dad Skip in my mausoleum .... use a vase instead of an urn or something.

What have you folks done with the Broke house?

What exact oddities have you experienced, out of interest?
Mad Poster
#13341 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 3:42 AM
I've played it lots of times, never left it like it is. Sometimes I've taken the house totally apart, replacing it with a 2-story. Never thought it was glitched.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#13342 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:58 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th Apr 2018 at 6:34 AM.
Things dropped out of the menu, and the game crashed. I reset the characters and got the same result, so my first thought was that the lot might be glitched. I seemed to be mistaken.

When I moved two of them out and left Dustin, though, the two other Sims are fine in another house and Dustin is fine in the Broke house. So it might be that moving the two characters out solved the problem. I moved Dustin out, anyway. He's at the top of his career field and needs a lot befitting of his status. Or something like that.

I didn't blame Maxis for the glitch. I've played the lot in previous incarnations of Pleasantview without any problems. I figured I might have done something. Well, I did, but whatever it was, it's OK now. Still wondering if I want to bulldoze the lot or totally refurb the place for new occupants.

Field Researcher
#13343 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 12:54 AM
For some reason when a sim i'm currently playing visits a business owned/run by another playable sim, the sim I'm currently playing gets money taken (to pay employees) and added (from a sale) to their Household funds. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Alchemist
#13344 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
For some reason when a sim i'm currently playing visits a business owned/run by another playable sim, the sim I'm currently playing gets money taken (to pay employees) and added (from a sale) to their Household funds. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Are they not just paying to be at the business as intended?
Field Researcher
#13345 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Are they not just paying to be at the business as intended?

This happens whether or not it's a business where they have to pay to be on the lot. I hear the cha-ching sound on the hour and see (+/-) money amounts all over the screen like I'm playing the owner of the business. The visiting sim could be loitering on the business lot without buying anything at all and it still happens.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13346 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:17 PM
I would test with CC pulled first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#13347 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:14 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 25th Mar 2020 at 6:16 PM. Reason: updated missing picture links
Forgot to post on here! @gazania, I've remodeled the Broke house several times and I finally stumbled upon my favorite layout a year or two ago--I'll write a bit about
it while my game loads.

I really could go on and on, but I think at this point, the layout has to speak for itself. It really is one of my favorite set ups--small but not too tiny or cramped and highly functional.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#13348 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 6:35 AM
Yup. this is proof that whatever happened, this glitch isn't Maxis' fault ... this time. Nice house!

Mad Poster
#13349 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 9:04 AM
That is what I will call super playable, @Phantomknight - and it is really looking pretty inside as well. Good work
Mad Poster
#13350 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:49 PM
Does anyone know how to extract a Maxis mesh if the PJSE tool in SimPE doesn't work? I can't make it extract either the CM zombie mesh or the AF toga mesh.
Page 534 of 1347