Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 3:34 PM
This contest looks really interesting, depending on my assignment schedule I may be up for participating.Never taken part in one before.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:08 PM
I'd love to join in! Have downloaded the file! Quick question, can we replace doors and windows and put in arches? And can we knock down walls? Say if I wanted to make the kitchen and dining room into one room could I do that? Many people can get this done quite cheaply
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenomia
I'd love to join in! Have downloaded the file! Quick question, can we replace doors and windows and put in arches? And can we knock down walls? Say if I wanted to make the kitchen and dining room into one room could I do that? Many people can get this done quite cheaply

*You may replace doors with archways, but windows can only be replaced with other windows.

*You can't knock down walls as changing interior or exterior walls is not permitted.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:19 PM
Hi,

I've never done a contest, but I definitely want to try this one. Do we have to tell you beforehand which family we're choosing?
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BulldogFan82
Hi,

I've never done a contest, but I definitely want to try this one. Do we have to tell you beforehand which family we're choosing?

No, just tell me which one you chose in your application when you submit it.

Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:06 PM
If there's any space left, I'd like to try this - I've not done any decorating challenges before, and would really like to give it a go over the summer, while I have time. Just a quick question - I take it that if you get through Round 1, you then go on to decorate another family's home for Round 2, etc etc?
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:11 PM
Martinez
martinez? twins? is this a sims ANON reference I hear? :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#33 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:19 PM
What about Store Content? You said only 'free' CC, but the store content is not 'free'! Can it still be used? Or just their free stuff?
Thanks!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:02 PM
Oh, man I really wish I cold do this contest, it looks like something I'd really love, but summer school so that I can graduate early has to take top priority. I'll Leave a spot for someone else. Good luck to those who are able to participate.
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:12 PM
I would like to be a judge. I have took part in many challenges (in a different name, I forgot password so deleted account :/ ). Some include the calender challenge and house challenges.
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mamathulu
If there's any space left, I'd like to try this - I've not done any decorating challenges before, and would really like to give it a go over the summer, while I have time. Just a quick question - I take it that if you get through Round 1, you then go on to decorate another family's home for Round 2, etc etc?

Yes, that's correct.

Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
What about Store Content? You said only 'free' CC, but the store content is not 'free'! Can it still be used? Or just their free stuff?
Thanks!

Official "The Sims 3" Store content may be used.

Quote: Originally posted by simz2player
I would like to be a judge. I have took part in many challenges (in a different name, I forgot password so deleted account :/ ). Some include the calender challenge and house challenges.

Unfortunately, whether or not you participated under a different forum name, you don't qualify as a judge because you don't meet the 20 posts requirement.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:00 PM
Can we add full walls just for decoration? I was thinking of an open closet for example?
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
Can we add full walls just for decoration? I was thinking of an open closet for example?

Would it be possible for you to show me a picture? I need clarification on what "decoration" means exactly.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:18 PM
Can we add half walls? They are essentially just like fences
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:25 PM
Ok I feel like i'm asking lots of question but if when we place our lot in our neighbourhood, it's price is more than what is shown should we just add the family's budget on? or is there a specifc Sunset Valley lot we should be placing it on?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM
Can we add half walls? They are essentially just like fences

Yes, you may add, delete, and change half walls.

Ok I feel like i'm asking lots of question but if when we place our lot in our neighbourhood, it's price is more than what is shown should we just add the family's budget on? or is there a specifc Sunset Valley lot we should be placing it on?

I'm not sure why that's occurring unless you're putting the house on a larger lot than what's necessary. If you have a Sunset Valley save you can use the "El Urban Sprawl" that is already placed.

Instructor
#42 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I'm not sure why that's occurring unless you're putting the house on a larger lot than what's necessary.

An inflated base price would be from a Beautiful Vista Buff, probably.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
An inflated base price would be from a Beautiful Vista Buff, probably.

Ah, that might be it as well. Thanks.

Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:52 AM
Right - I have my first entry ready to go more or less so just let me know whether I'm in and I'll be there!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:56 AM
Hi I never entered a contest before, and I want to join on this one! The idea of redecorating a built house is very fun!
I just have one question (and it's because english isn't my first language): it's allowed to recolour the walls? Or when you say "you may not change the walls" you mean "no moving, adding, deleting, and recolouring walls"?

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:57 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 21st Jun 2014 at 2:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mamathulu
Right - I have my first entry ready to go more or less so just let me know whether I'm in and I'll be there!

Oh, yay. I'm so excited for my first contestant! Please, go ahead and post whenever you'd like. Once you've submitted I can add you to the table.

Quote: Originally posted by bellakenobi
I just have one question (and it's because english isn't my first language): it's allowed to recolour the walls? Or when you say "you may not change the walls" you mean "no moving, adding, deleting, and recolouring walls"?

I'd love to have you as a contestant.

By change walls, I mean you may not add, delete, or move them. Of course you can paint/decorate them however you'd like!

Instructor
#47 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:28 AM
Default Fantastic Fencery
Well, here we go...

This is an exciting and dramatic make-over for the Anderson-Miller family. I felt this home had a great deal of potential to fit in with their like of a more modern design scheme. Architecturally, El Urban Sprawl had a few issues, some major, some just inconvenient. Most noticeable was the drab facade, broken up only by two measly windows and a skimpy porch--all oppressed by a way-too-simple roof. Then the home is rather small, on a large, underutilized lot...

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:28 AM
I've never done anything like this before, but i do love redecorating/renovating/making over sims and sim dwellings, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Downloaded the file and away I go...
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:47 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 21st Jun 2014 at 2:00 PM.
Oh, yay! The first official entry, I just added you to the table, cutsocks. Seeing as how cutsocks followed all the rules and guidelines down to the 't' (adding your vision of the family isn't necessary, but is certainly a nice touch.) I would encourage others to perhaps use his as a guideline.

*Make sure you have included which family you're doing
*Include a a snippet picture of the furnished/unfurnished value of the home when you've finished.
*Talk about what the original cost was and what the family's budget was to save a lot of time for both me and the judges.

If you'd like you can also talk about what was easy/difficult decorating this home, as well as what you're vision is/what you're going for, so the judges can look for that. Referencing to the family's needs to explain why this is here, or that looks this way certainly can't hurt.

Very well done, cutsocks. I'm impressed.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 3:32 PM
Can we add foundation? I want to make a gazebo like structure in the garden. Is this ok?

Page 2 of 20