Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 23
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:00 AM
The mod makes my game close out after i click on my family to play, for 2 days i have been going crazy after the pets update taking out mods replacing with updated ones i put them back 1 by 1 and tested each one to make sure i had no problems, this one closes my game out doesn't let me play it was the only mod i had in my mod folder when i tested it....Please could you update this mod i'll be lost without it....Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#102 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:22 AM
This mod isn't causing any abnormal issues for me, it simply won't let me add more than three regular CAS traits to Sims anymore. I have C&D and I don't know if it still worked with just the latest patches.

I'll be thrilled when I see this updated because I want to "upgrade" my version anyway (another extra trait allowed). Thanks for all your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:50 AM
I hope this will be updated soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:42 AM
Heads up to the modder, I managed to get this mod working again by editing another resource in addition to the original resource used. The resource was S4_03B33DDF_00000000_5D0152209188C58B named sims.aging.aging_tuning

I haven't had time to test yet, but I was able to load up the game and have more than 3 personality traits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Twinsim
Heads up to the modder, I managed to get this mod working again by editing another resource in addition to the original resource used. The resource was S4_03B33DDF_00000000_5D0152209188C58B named sims.aging.aging_tuning

I haven't had time to test yet, but I was able to load up the game and have more than 3 personality traits.

Can you share *how* you modified the AgingTuning file? I found that file too (as well as the "traits.traits" one), and changed the numbers where it said "personality_trait_count", but it didn't work when I put it in game. They still couldn't have more than three traits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
Can you share *how* you modified the AgingTuning file? I found that file too (as well as the "traits.traits" one), and changed the numbers where it said "personality_trait_count", but it didn't work when I put it in game. They still couldn't have more than three traits.

Sure, I noticed that for young adults, adults, and elders, there was a line missing so I added "<T n="personality_trait_count">6</T>" just like it appeared for toddlers and children under those age groups.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:27 PM
I would really like this mod to be updated, it is awesome and I miss it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:14 PM
Sure, I noticed that for young adults, adults, and elders, there was a line missing so I added "<T n="personality_trait_count">6</T>" just like it appeared for toddlers and children under those age groups.

Thank you !! I has been trying to figure this out yesterday but i couldnt find this second resource that needed changes. I tested it out in my game and it seems to be working fine. Also i updated the Add trait menu and i think Its working fine, but of course i'd need to others to test it, i wonder if it would be okay to post it here?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:15 PM

Oh! Okay, so then there are two "aging_tuning" files that contain traits data, in addition to the "traits.traits" file. I was trying to modify a different one.

Here were the three I found:
03B33DDF!00000000!A37570B802C829D0.traits.traits.Tuning
03B33DDF!00000000!5D0152209188C58B.sims.aging.aging_tuning.Tuning
545AC67A!006CA304!5D0152209188C58B.sims.aging.aging_tuning.AgingTuning.SimData <-- Did you change that one too?

It works, by the way! Thanks for helping me troubleshoot! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fanfi
Thank you !! I has been trying to figure this out yesterday but i couldnt find this second resource that needed changes. I tested it out in my game and it seems to be working fine. Also i updated the Add trait menu and i think Its working fine, but of course i'd need to others to test it, i wonder if it would be okay to post it here?

What did you have to change in the add trait menu? That mod never stopped working for me, I just couldn't add more CAS traits with this mod broken.
Test Subject
#111 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by retroberrii
What did you have to change in the add trait menu? That mod never stopped working for me, I just couldn't add more CAS traits with this mod broken.

Indeed it didn't stop working but i noticed It was lacking a line of code that the game's resource has now, so i kind of just changed it to fit that

EDIT: also i've noticed that this makes the traits appear in alphabetical order in the menu, i dont know if this was an issue for anyone else, but until now i always had to look through the whole list because it wasn't in any particular order.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:03 PM Last edited by retroberrii : 13th Nov 2017 at 6:21 PM.
Indeed it didn't stop working but i noticed It was lacking a line of code that the game's resource has now, so i kind of just changed it to fit that

EDIT: also i've noticed that this makes the traits appear in alphabetical order in the menu, i dont know if this was an issue for anyone else, but until now i always had to look through the whole list because it wasn't in any particular order.

Ooh, which code did you change? I always wondered if it was possible to fix that lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Has anyone found a solution to make the CAS traits available to be added? The mod works because I can still have more traits than 3, but neither the menu or the cheat allow me to add the CAS ones, only others.
Test Subject
#114 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by retroberrii
Ooh, which code did you change? I always wondered if it was possible to fix that lol.

this line of code wasn't in the old resource file
Code:
  <L n="interaction_category_tags">
    <E>INVALID</E>

and this line wasn't in the new resource file, the menu works without it but i don't know how important it is / if i should add it
Code:
<V t="buff">
      <U n="buff">
        <L n="blacklist">
          <T>26171<!--Buff: buff_Sim_IsDying--></T>
        </L>
      </U>
    </V>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:22 AM
Hi guys I'm not dead. I fixing it
Field Researcher
#116 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023

Yay!

Any new flavors in our future as well?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Yay!

Any new flavors in our future as well?

Yup. But I want to check if everything's okay with the current ones first. :P
Test Subject
#118 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023

Im not religious but.... HALLELUJAH
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:19 AM
All versions are updated. Two more flavors suggested by _xKindredxSoulsx_ are added.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM
thanks so much for updating ^^ <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#121 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:51 PM
Oh god YES!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UPDATING IT!!!! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:26 PM
THANK YOU! I was suffering while playing without this mod and realized just how much I use it lol. Thanks for updating :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:01 PM
No one would happen to know if Embyr311's "Add Traits in Regular Menu" mod still works or not, would they? Used to be such a lifesaver, but I'm trying to clear out anything reported to be causing issues, and I don't wanna add that back just 'cuz this mod got updated if it's gonna be causing issues.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShelbyRené
No one would happen to know if Embyr311's "Add Traits in Regular Menu" mod still works or not, would they? Used to be such a lifesaver, but I'm trying to clear out anything reported to be causing issues, and I don't wanna add that back just 'cuz this mod got updated if it's gonna be causing issues.

It seems to be working! in any case i could upload the "updated" version i made for myself, it hasn't caused any problems yet for me, but i haven't tested it intensively.
Test Subject
#125 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:42 PM
It seems to be working! in any case i could upload the "updated" version i made for myself, it hasn't caused any problems yet for me, but i haven't tested it intensively.

That'd be awesome! Like I said, it was a lifesaver before, and I'd rather not use the outdated version, if I can help it. Too many mods to sift through to figure out which one it's messing with or BEING messed with that I've already updated, especially when I seem to be having an issue with GrayCurse's mod on top of it. Better to be safe than sorry after so much stuff got screwed up in past updates, especially this one!

A storyteller's game, lips that intoxicate; the core of all Life is a limitless chest of tales.
Page 5 of 23