Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM
Default Disease Hacks?
I love when Sims get sick for some reason but for some reason it never happens naturally, I know there is a chance of a sim getting a cold or the flu when going to work, school, or university classes but it never seems to happen without me using a cheat, is there a mod that allow the game to autonomously make sims sick without my help at all?

Also, I am looking for mods that add extra diseases other than the ones that maxis provide any suggestions?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:52 AM
There are a few useful links in the thread here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583994.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:21 AM
If you want the Realistic Sickness mod, be aware that there are two versions. One is more severe than the other. I think the version linked in the other thread is more difficult to recover from. I have Pioupiou's version linked below. I think this is the less severe version - or at least it's not as difficult to survive.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg234447

Cyjon has two - Frequent Disease Processing (as mentioned in the other thread) and Faster Disease Processing.

http://www.cyjon.net/node/437

http://www.cyjon.net/node/441

I don't think any of these increase the chance of catching a disease. I have all these mods, but it's still uncommon for a sim to actually get sick in my game.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM
My guess is sims get sick easier if their motives are always on the low side, I would think hygiene might be the main culprit. Since my sims rarely get sick, I'm not really sure. A few years ago I was playing the Beaker household and the Beakers died. After that Nervous rolled all new wants, one of which was to move out. I didn't feel like building a place at that time so I changed the old place around a bit so he had a nice place on the first level. Then he got a job, came home sick, got better and came home sick every time he returned home. Forgot to mention the trash was always knocked over, but I never saw anyone on the lot, cockroaches were a problem too and he would call the bugman, who said there was no problem. Eventually I was doing something around the house with move objects on and found these invisible tiles on the outside, back part of the lot, named sick or sickness, don't remember what they were called. After removing them he didn't get sick again. He later got married, his pregnant wife got sick a few times, they had twins boys who also got colds. That's when I finally moved him out and gave him his own place. I've never seen those tiles again, but haven't played that household either. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:33 PM
If you stomp on cockroaches you have a high chance of getting sick. Easiest way is to knock over the trash can and roaches will spawn.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:06 PM
According to Cyjon's disease study, there is only a 1% chance of getting sick at work. No wonder they come home sick so rarely. I wish there was a mod that would increase the chance of getting sick, but I don't know of any.

If you have a mean slob with low logic making medicine on the Science career reward, there's supposed to be a good chance of getting sick from it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:38 PM
Yeah I was going to suggest the Biotech Station too, it's a sure way to get a sick sim. And it seems to be quite contagious, I've managed to start a plague in Veronaville thanks to it \o/

The sickness from work I've never been able to keep going, they get cured even if I do my best to keep them active.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Yeah I was going to suggest the Biotech Station too, it's a sure way to get a sick sim. And it seems to be quite contagious, I've managed to start a plague in Veronaville thanks to it \o/

The sickness from work I've never been able to keep going, they get cured even if I do my best to keep them active.

I must have something conflicting with the Station; it's creations can't be taken, and don't cause sickness (for ME)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:22 PM
I have all the disease mods that I linked to in my previous post and one of my Ottomas families got hit hard by the flu when Peter came home from work with it. I had a hard time keeping them all going. I think at least part of the difficulty was that they seemed to repeatedly drop plague tiles in the kitchen (I was using that odd bin farmhouse that came with Seasons and the kitchen in that house is a bit of a bottleneck). Every time somebody got hungry and headed for the fridge (which is quite often in a family this big), they got re-infected.

I need to have my mad scientists play with the Biotech Station more.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
Grammapat: it's not drinking the stuff that makes the sim sick, it's when it goes wrong, you know? I haven't used it recently, but the sim coughs, and you can't sell the whatever it is in the test tubes, only spill it. Every once in a while, but fairly often, it will contaminate the sim. A pop up window will say that the sim suffers from an unknown disease.

As for the creations, they can be taken if there is a sick sim in the household. If everyone is healthy, you can only sell it.
If the sick sim is a child, an older sim can give him the medicine, it's super cute! I'll hide some pictures about it below, don't look if you want to see it in your own game first :p

RoxEllen: I don't play that much with big families, maybe that's why the flu-from-work has never seemed very dangerous to me. Someday maybe!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Simonut : 20th Sep 2017 at 12:00 AM.
Disease hacks you have to be careful, there are some that let your Sims get sick and died. I don't use sickness hacks that let my Sims died, I use the "InSimenator" it said ( Unsupported ) but most of the time unsupported is because the creator is no longer around. I use it and it work perfect. I like it because it gives the options to "Make the Sims sick and make them well."

I should point out there is a Supported version by creator Araroneous "Sim Manipulation" I have never use it, so I can't say which is the best to use.
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...sim-manipulator
I also use a hack by Carrigon a "STD Bed" lmao but I can get them well again with the InSimenator option.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#12 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:26 AM
There is a fix for the Biotech station, also a mod that let's them sell or add to inventory. There are also mods around to create more sickness. I don't use them and have no idea where they are. Isn't there something at plumbob keep?

Discussions here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8519.0 I only read a few lines, there's more info. (:

Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:31 AM
Lili: that's so COOL! I've NEVER had either the "medicine" or poison happen!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:33 AM
It is cool, isn't it?

The poison, or virus, doesn't work, according to Pescado who says it was never actually implemented in the game.

For the medicine, it didn't work as it should have, but it was fixed in Apartment Life, as he explains here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5624.0.html
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:06 AM
It's funny that thread at Simbology is mentioned-because if I hadn't read my own post (I'm a member) I would have referenced MATY again.

Because I'm the one who posted the link to Real Sickness there...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
RoxEllen: I don't play that much with big families, maybe that's why the flu-from-work has never seemed very dangerous to me. Someday maybe!

It definitely makes a difference. With a small family, it's easier to spend time micromanaging the sick sims and getting them healthy again. With a large family, they always seem to be re-infecting each other and it can be a real challenge to keep up with all of the infected sims.
Theorist
#17 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 6:33 PM
There's alway's good-ol' gramma's soup. Sometimes I had a sim use it for a meal, just to keep them healthy. The ones who could make it, often carried it in their inventory and gave it as gifts to others to have on hand. Also left some in the fridge as leftovers. Gotta love gramma for leaving her recipe behind. (: