Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 10th Nov 2017 at 3:43 AM.
Default Getting recolors to appear in caw {solved}
Hey guys! I would like to try making an autumn based world similar to Nilxis's Hylewood. What I noticed in looking at his world in caw is that when placing trees they are automatically autumn colored but also still have their leaves. Even after closing his world and opening a different world that effect stays. I wanted to go ahead and figure out how to do it myself so I'll be sure that when I export a world that I edited it'll have the same effect.
------------------------------------------------
They are recolors. Duh.
------------------------------------------------

I downloaded recolors of trees! But before I downloaded them some were already appearing in a world I edited. Others were not. How do I get CAW to recognize these recolors? I imported them into a world file I exported and then used the S3PE trick to get the world back into caw, but some of the recolors are still not appearing.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:36 AM
Is this solved now or not?

If not, can you let me know what recolours you downloaded - default replacements (textures only or full packages?) or new objects?

Generally, you import recolours (as in default replacement textures) in your CAW world file. This way all trees of that kind would look like your recolour. This also means, that the effect takes only place in your world but doesn't affect any other. It may happen, if you don't quit your game but only go back to main menu and chose a different world to play in, that those recolours "bleed" into the other world because EA sucks at tidying up. But upon quitting and reloading the game the effect should be gone.

You can also use default replacements as separate package files. You would have to treat your recolours like any other cc then - set up a framework in your caw folder, and have those recoloured objects in your game and your caw mods frameworks. This would affect ALL worlds, as the recolours were sitting in your mods folder. At the same time, if you remove the package files, your trees would look like standard trees again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Is this solved now or not?

If not, can you let me know what recolours you downloaded - default replacements (textures only or full packages?) or new objects?

Generally, you import recolours (as in default replacement textures) in your CAW world file. This way all trees of that kind would look like your recolour. This also means, that the effect takes only place in your world but doesn't affect any other. It may happen, if you don't quit your game but only go back to main menu and chose a different world to play in, that those recolours "bleed" into the other world because EA sucks at tidying up. But upon quitting and reloading the game the effect should be gone.

You can also use default replacements as separate package files. You would have to treat your recolours like any other cc then - set up a framework in your caw folder, and have those recoloured objects in your game and your caw mods frameworks. This would affect ALL worlds, as the recolours were sitting in your mods folder. At the same time, if you remove the package files, your trees would look like standard trees again.

Yes it is solved, I eventually imported them into the actual caw file that I was editing. Thank you.