Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:38 AM
Default How do I make Transparent objects for the Sims 2?
How do I make transparent objects for the sims 2?
I wanted to make a jar with human eye balls in it for the sims 2.

I already have expirence with cloning and meshing objects for the sims 2, but im wondering, how do we make some parts transparent (like a red glass texture)? Would it work if i just had the texture opacity set to 50% in photoshop and saved it as a png and imported it into SimPE as a texture and set the format to DXT3Formart?

or is there more i need to do?

I found a tutorial on all of this but the pictures were missing from it and it was too complicated to follow.

Please help <3
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:54 AM
Transparency is generally handled via the Material Definition (TXMT)

Another link you might have seen: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=220244

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM Last edited by Prime : 10th Apr 2017 at 7:27 AM.
seems a bit complicated. the tutorials were very complex. but i believe in order to make something transparent i have to set the stdMatAlphaBlendMode option to blend and stdMatAlphaTestEnable to 1 i'll see what works.

UPDATE:
I tested it on one object and it did work! thank you! that tutorial was very complex but it helped me figure it out im going to read into it some more too