Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:21 PM
I'm stepping back a ways. Can you tell me why when I imported the materials to replace SimPE gave me a warning saying
Quote:
This is just a Warning. It is supposed to keep you informed about a Problem. Most of the Time this is not a Bug!

Line 193: No valid Face List. (f 9/25/9 24/26/24 23/27/23 22/28/22 21/29/21 20/30/20 19/31/19 18/32/18 17/33/17 16/34/16 15/35/15 14/36/14 13/37/13 12/38/12 11/39/11 10/40/10)
Line 210: No valid Face List. (f 26/81/26 27/82/27 28/83/28 29/84/29 30/85/30 31/86/31 32/87/32 33/88/33 34/89/34 35/90/35 36/91/36 37/92/37 38/93/38 39/94/39 40/95/40 25/96/25)
?

And when I open SimPE go to object workshop and upload the packaged file for recoloring it gives me this...

Quote:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
:confused:

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 9:21 PM Last edited by angelindesgise : 23rd Aug 2005 at 10:25 PM.
I decided to start over since I couldn't find a texture file on the first object I did so I cloned the first "endtoend" table with the glass it it.I don't know if that's why my object looks funny but part of the top is not showing up. I resized it too with the original table in wings.

Also I imported the textured map I had made in psp9, I saved it as a png because bmps don't show up in the file. But the texture was not the right size and SimPE resized it for me....Actually the texture map was for the original endtoend table and my 512 size didn't fit at all.When I was in object mesh and replacing I used the wood and the glass only and not the shadows.Was that right??? or should I have checked them all?

Please tell me what I did wrong. And how can I fix this?
here's a pic of my first object..it's just a base,later I'll learn how to detail.

I made two shapes then combined in wings.sized it to the original but some of it doesn't show up.

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 10:18 PM
I can bet that when SimPE resized it the texture map got corrupted. Re- UVMap it, but this time make the UVMap the size of the original texture.

About how the mesh isn't complete, try placing the end table somewhere other than the corner of a room.
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 10:29 PM
thanks for the info....I did redo the texture size and I realized that first pic I had up was the non textured object cloned by the table you have in your tutorial.

I put the table in the middle and still it has a gaping hole in the top.When I resized it to the original the oval top part was even with the top of the original table.I don't have a clue why the vase wants to sink in and parts of top are missing.No matter where I angle it it's still chopped.
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:14 AM
Wow! ^^ I'm going to try this right now.

You're going to work on a clothing tutorial? :3 That's awesome.
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 4:47 AM
Yes I can't wait for that either and the hair tutorial!!

Hey mod_bv can I tweak my already made object by going back into wings and maybe resizing it or something???? Then remap it afterwards??? :p

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:56 PM
The vase sinking through is because the height of your object doesn't match the height of the reference object.

As for the hole in your object, post about that here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82084

And the clothng tutorial isn't recoloring clothing, but making a whole new clothing shape.
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 8:33 PM
Hey I never said you were tuting a recolor?? I just said I can't wait either for your clothing and hair tutorials :angel:

about the table being not the right size....do I have to start over? or can I pull the object back into wings and resize?

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 9:55 PM
You can pull the object back into Wings.
Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 6:01 AM
sorry for sounding so ignorant, but does that mean

I start from #33 (map it) and do everything from there to the end of the tutorial? I don't want make any mistakes if ya' know what I mean.

I'm good at that :fallen:

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:33 AM
I have a question. On step #44, you're basically saying there is no reason to retexture it if we used the same object as you?
Inventor
Original Poster
#62 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:44 AM
I didn't mean it like that, I meant that I accidentially cloned an object that shares a texture with another object.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 11:13 AM
when is part 3 coming?
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 1:03 PM Last edited by LuciousNess : 26th Aug 2005 at 1:13 PM.
First of all, thank you for this awesome tutorial! I appreciate it most certainly with so much to know about object creation, it's wonderful to have a well written step by step on how to make something brand new.

However, during this process when I follow the tutorial and get to step 20, we have to do the geometric container part, when i click on the "Geometric Data Container" tab on the left, immediately while it tries to load, an error pops up in the SimsPE that says:

File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, or one of its dependencies, was not found. SimPE Version:
Classic (0.44.2046.26185).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D"
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.DirectXPanel..ctor()
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.InitializeComponent()
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer..ctor()
at SimPe.Plugin.GeometryDataContainer.get_TabPage()
at SimPe.Plugin.RcolForm.BuildChildTabControl(AbstractRcolBlock rb)
at SimPe.Plugin.RcolForm.SelectRcolItem(Object sender, EventArgs e)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\Program Files\SimPE\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : 3dview, Version=1.0.2046.26187, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: Host configuration file not found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SimPE/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SimPE/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SimPE/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SimPE/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.EXE.

Source:
3dview

Execution Stack:
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.DirectXPanel..ctor()
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.InitializeComponent()
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer..ctor()
at SimPe.Plugin.GeometryDataContainer.get_TabPage()
at SimPe.Plugin.RcolForm.BuildChildTabControl(AbstractRcolBlock rb)
at SimPe.Plugin.RcolForm.SelectRcolItem(Object sender, EventArgs e

Obviously it's some sort of 3D rendering/Direct X problem, but maybe I'm missing some sort of plug ins? I'm very new to all of this so it might be some basic plug in that i haven't yet downloaded somewhere, but I did my checklist for making objects and got everything needed for this tutorial.

Do you have any idea what this could mean or why I'm getting the error?
Thanks in advance =)
LD
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 2:12 PM
LuciousNess, from the SimPE FAQ, this means that you need the DX Managed Extensions.

http://sims.ambertation.de/files/mdxredist.msi - Download that file, and double-click the file to start the Installer.
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 7:46 PM
Y isnt there a part 3?
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 8:33 PM
Is it nessesary to tesselate and triangulate in wings 3d before you to the UV mapper?

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Test Subject
#68 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 5:16 PM
Thanks so much hon! I knew I was missing something important. I really appreciate your help. =)

LD
Inventor
Original Poster
#69 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 2:54 AM
Angelindesgise, I don't recall that being required.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 3:14 AM Last edited by angelindesgise : 30th Aug 2005 at 3:22 AM.
Thank you Mod_v....

I went ahead and made another endtable. I cloned the endtable you have in your tutorial.

And I used SimPE.46 this time and hello, the vase fits perfect and everything shows up!
here's my endtable with no map
The only issue now is that the texture file did not show in SimPE.

And in the other endtables I made the texture file was always the original one and not my map I saved.I saved the model in UVmap to the one I exported from SimPE and replaced it.Then saved the map as the file it produced. I'm so aggrivated that I can't get a bump map.

I want to send you the package in that one posting where you see what's wrong with the file but I don't know how to go about sending it to you. Can you tell me how?

hugs,
Angelindesgise
SunnySideSims
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 4:54 AM Last edited by juan : 31st Aug 2005 at 5:41 AM. Reason: merging
aff i couldnt make it in step 20 when i click the first file SimPE says that i do not have Direct3D, or something like that, about direct3d and the strange is that i have a 3D video card o.O

EDIT 1

i found the problem (i hope) i saw it in official SimPE forum and now i am downloanding the Directx extensions... to thos that have this problem and didnt know how to fix( i yet do not tried to see if it fix all problems)

http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1269
Inventor
Original Poster
#72 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tubbs005
Y isnt there a part 3?

There will be a Part 3 soon. I am not here to give you a PArt 3 when you ask. I have a life, I have a job, I have a house, I have sick aunts etc. No need to ask twice. I am building this tutorial around my life. I am not your servant.
Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 5:40 AM Last edited by juan : 31st Aug 2005 at 5:43 AM. Reason: forgot one thing
i have just one question... u said in the end of the PDF file that if i want to texture i just texturethe uv map, "and in the texture file section import that bmp", but if u are talking about the "Textures Images" category of ur package file of the object in SimPE, i tried but i dont get it, cant i use wings3d uvmap? .. if i need to use uvmapper classic, how do i "refresh" the bmp image?
Test Subject
#74 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 2:26 PM
good question!! I've been waiting on that answer too! Problem is I don't even get a texture file to come up in SimPE after I import my object.And I uv mapped in UVMAPPER classic.

hope you get your answer
#75 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 5:00 PM
aaaagh!
First off the tutorial has been great, very clear and precise. However I tryed to make a new object (well my mate did, just don't ask what- this is the same guy who made a sim called Phreaky McGeekerson and liked it) but I get this error message when I try to register new user data I get this weird error message... any help? This is what it said:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD>

Any help?
Page 3 of 18