Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 4:14 PM
Default ***TEXTURE PROBLEM*** please help =\
Hi! I made a new mesh for the Deluxe Veil curtain (I wanted a small one), but I'm having a little problem with its texture...

Please, look the picture I attached with the post... The small curtain (the one that I made) is a little bit transparent if you compare it with the original one (the big one).... Is there any solution?

Please help me ppl =]

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 12:19 AM
Nobody? :sadpanda:
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 1:13 AM
My knowledge is limited to the recoloring I've done (but I have done semi-transparent stuff). Are you using the identical graphic for both? Did you use dxt to import the graphic on the new one, instead of regular old import, which has various odd behaviors associated with it? My next question would be if the material definitions are the same, but that's not my expertise, I've only dabbled with those settings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 4:20 AM
Yes, they're the same, but I used DXT (3, if my memory doesn't fail...)
And the material definitions are the same =\~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 7:43 AM
Maybe upload your package and some of the modders can look at it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 5:07 PM
Here it is =]
The .zip is with the mesh and I put a recolor for it (the one I'm testing with)...

Thank ya =]
Attached files:
File Type: zip  curtain.zip (85.8 KB, 8 downloads)
Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 8:25 PM
The curtain texture in the mesh package is a translucent lace, so the alpha is set to transparency (blend) in the material definition for the curtain fabric. I didn't change anything about the original package, since the lace is supposed to look like that, but with the recolor package, I changed the alpha blend mode to "none", which makes the fabric solid. Now it looks just fine!

Your curtain seems to be using a shadow that doesn't quite match the mesh. If you don't need the shadow, you can delete the shadow mesh, texture and material definition, or you can just make the shadow texture completely black, import it in ExtRaw8Bit format (no DXT, regular import), update all sizes and commit. Then the shadow will be completely transparent.

Here's the fixed version of the recolor package .
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  curtainfixed.zip (13.8 KB, 8 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 11:30 PM
Oh thank you very much IgnorantBliss =]...
So the problem wasn't with the original .package, but with the recolour, right?

Thank you =D

:D
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 7:57 AM
Yup, a very easily fixed problem with the recolor package. In the future, when you create recolor packages for the window, the curtain will always be transparent as a default. To make it solid, you have to edit the value for the line called stdMatAlphaBlendMode to "none" (instead of "blend") in the Material Definition for the curtain.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 5:37 PM
Ok, thank you very much =D