Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
I´ve solved both problems now. Actually, there seems to be a problem when the wheels are not in one single group (weird guess, but by chance I was right).

I am sure it is possible to have the wheels in separate groups. The supersportscar has the tyres in the matte group and the rims in the chrome group. My newest model, the Skyline, has the tyres in the matte group and the rims in the surface group. So it's definitely possible. ??

Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
I "solved" the other problem by simply getting rid of the matte and chrome and assigning those parts to the surface group.

I didn't dare to think about this "solution". It should be working fine.
Some advice for the ones who are going to use this "solution": remember to delete the matte and chrome parts in the Shape and delete the matte TXTR, matte MMAT, and the chrome TXTR.
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 8:32 PM Last edited by jms : 6th Nov 2005 at 8:40 PM.
i have made a few cars but my door anim isnt working because i cant find the joint, how do i extract a joint.

and where would i find the joint.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#53 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 9:33 PM
The joints aren't to be "extracted": they are special points in the mesh, that can only be showed and edited with Milkshape. Moreover, Milkshape will show the joints only if you export the whole GMDC and load it into Milkshape (as explained in the tutorial), or if you export the mesh in "Milkshape 3D Ascii .txt" format.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Inventor
#54 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 4:34 PM
but how would i know what a joint is i would have thought they would make them a diffrent colour.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jms
but how would i know what a joint is i would have thought they would make them a diffrent colour.

The joints have a different colour (in Milkshape), they are blue.
You can also select them by using the "Joints" tab on the top right in Milkshape.
Inventor
#56 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 5:52 PM
how do i import a joint. i am going to gmdc in SimPE and exporting the model but i don't get blue joints or anything in the joints section un milkshape.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jms
how do i import a joint. i am going to gmdc in SimPE and exporting the model but i don't get blue joints or anything in the joints section un milkshape.

There are two way's:
1. EXTRACT the complete GMDC using the right mouse button in the right window in Simpe. This will create a *.5gd file. Import this extracted file in Milkshape using the GMDC importer V2.16.

2. EXPORT the mesh inside the Plugin View window in SimPE and save as Milkshape 3D ASCII file (*.txt). You'll need one of the newest versions of Simpe, I guess. Import this exported file in Milkshape using the Milkshape 3D ASCII importer.
Inventor
#58 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 12:13 PM
thanks i will try this soon.
Inventor
#59 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 4:38 AM Last edited by jms : 5th Dec 2005 at 11:47 PM.
Default Problem.
I tried this and have moved the joints around to the correct place but the doors still don't open, and when my sims back out the drivway the car seems to turn into a transformer and keeps doing flips as its driving off. :nod: :mad: :mad:

Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#60 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:58 AM
Either you have messed up with the vertices assignment in Milkshape, or you have imported the mesh into the GMDC in an uncorrect way.

I think that the most common mistake is when you move the joints in Milkshape: quite often, there are multiple joints (with different purpose) in the very same location, so it's easy to move the wrong one.

Also, when you have reimported it into the GMDC, I suggest to go to the "Joints" tab, select in turn all the modified joints and click "rebuild; and in the "Model" tab, click "Rebuild", too.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Inventor
#61 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:54 PM
thanks numenor i will try this right away.
Inventor
#62 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 1:29 PM Last edited by jms : 5th Dec 2005 at 11:46 PM.
i have tried this but it still dosnt work.

i have seperated the car doors added the joints and then regrouped them with the surface,. when i am importing the car i am importing the ascll not a obj.

door anim dosnt work and the car dosnt drive properly.

Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#63 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 2:54 PM
Well... An interesting result indeed! :D

As for me, I can't help you more than this... I myself am not very skilled about joints, and I can't understand what mistake you making.

Anyway, my personal opinion (please don't get offended, it's not my intention to say anything unpleasant...) is that the cars have too a complex mesh structure for a creator with your skill level. Shouldn't be better to start with some simpler animated object? As for me, I've stuck with a dresser (only 1 joint) for a month... Then I started with an armoire, and lastly I started with more complex objects... with the result shown in picture! :D
Screenshots

Inventor
#64 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:41 PM Last edited by jms : 5th Dec 2005 at 11:43 PM.
well i hope this prove you wrong. i have just managed to make the car drive proerly. only thing is that the rims don't rotate with the car, and the window dosnt attatch to the car.

#65 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:35 PM
e det noken som e fra norge her
The ModFather
retired moderator
#66 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 7:33 PM
Jms, my apologize; you are definitely more skilled (and have more determination) than I thought You didn't get offended, did you?

Seems that the vertices of the glass weren't properly assigned to the right joint.
By the way, if I remember well (now I'm not at home, and I can't check), the glass should be subdivided into three parts, each assigned to a different joint: the left-door glass (assigned to the left door joint), the right-door glass (to the right door joint) and all the other parts (assigned to the main body joint).

Inventor
#67 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 8:31 PM
thanks numenor, no you didn't affend me, i did kindof fix the window issue but i needed to uninstall my game and being so careless i didnt even think that the car had been left in the eagames file and it has beeen completly wiped off my pc, oh well i will do it again.
Test Subject
#68 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 8:55 PM
Thanks for the Tutorial, i was wondering if you could make me a cadillac escalade or a bentley continental gt
thanks
Inventor
#69 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 11:43 PM
urm this isnt a request forum.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 10:51 PM
me again. Your link for number 8 does not work anymore. Could you tell me where to find this tutorial?
Instructor
#71 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 8:22 AM
This is a very useful thread... I'm studying it now... where do I download this Milkshake program and what should my PC be running at to use this properly? *(are there any minimum requirements?) and what's UV-mapping? I'm really looking into trying to create objects...
Field Researcher
#72 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 10:47 PM
Hi. I have been working on my first car and i cant get it to work. The joints dont really work and all the parts of the car dont show in the game. Please help. Thank you.
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:06 PM
Whats simpe? and is it like a special program? PLZ help...
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 1:29 AM
hi.. could you please explain point 4. in more detail?!!! such as do i need pictures of cars and what exactly am i modiying in milkshape... sorry to sound soooo dense, but if you could break it down more, i'll be very graeful.
Instructor
#75 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 10:34 PM
i have made a car but. it need animation.
where do i find a easy and short tutorial to how to add animation at a car?

Unauthorized incoming post!
Page 3 of 6