Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:14 AM
Trying To Get An Old Sim File On My New Laptop
Okay, so some time ago I had a different laptop, and made a super pretty sim that I still think of to this day. One day the game messed up and opened a fresh new game, none of my saved games there. I'd accepted it. But lately I've really been wanting to play with her. Anyways, I saved the localthumbcache from that save, and can find her files when I open it up in S4PE. But I just don't know what else I can do. She has her HHI and SGI files in there too. But, since there's nothing on the web, I'd thought I'd post here. See if I can't get someone to help me out or what. I still have my old laptop, although it's a pain to deal with. I just don't know how to get her to my game.
Can anyone help? Please.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:38 AM
https://luniversims.com/files/file/...-tray-importer/

unzip and install on your machine.
Open it up and it will scan your tray files.
pick your sim and export her (with or without any cc) and a zip will be created that you can then use to put her in a new game. this works for lots, rooms and households.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:34 AM
Idk if that'll work tho. When I was playing that sim, one day I couldn't find her anymore and my game was like it was the first time I opened it. The only thing I have left of her is the files in the localthumbcache. I don't know how I could find those old files