Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#201 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:33 PM
Another quite unrelated dream -- A couple of nights ago I dreamt I was a lodger in the house of a female Sim, who drove a taxi for a living. I hope she has full character data -- I wouldn't want to destroy our whole neighbourhood just by talking to my landlady!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#202 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Another quite unrelated dream -- A couple of nights ago I dreamt I was a lodger in the house of a female Sim, who drove a taxi for a living. I hope she has full character data -- I wouldn't want to destroy our whole neighbourhood just by talking to my landlady!

Don't worry, she does! (For taxi drivers, real or dreamt, the behaviour apparently comes from the vehicle).

They say that people dream a lot when in REM sleep, but that you usually only remember dreams if disturbed from sleep. So maybe you are recalling such a lot of sim dreams because you are not comfortable due to your poor back. In that case, I really wish they would hurry up and invent dream-o-vision, because I really want to know what you and your sims are getting up to in the dreams you don't remember!
Test Subject
#203 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 10:39 PM
Default Dreaming of sims
I just had a rather nasty little dream. A daydream perhaps as I wasn't in bed -- I was sleeping in a chair in my kitchen, where I had just let the potatoes boil dry, and I was wondering how I could retrieve the situation. Since my recent fall, I've been sleeping badly because of the pain, so I'm sleeping more in the chair than in bed. Anyway I fell asleep and started to dream . . .

Andrew was at a swimming pool. He was squatting at the end of a diving board, and seemed to be going to do some sort of fancy dive. Unlike me, he has high body skill, and is usually very good at that sort of thing, But then the diving board malfunctioned, and flipped him into the water. As it did so it seemed to leave him winded or knocked out, so he didn't seem to be conscious. Then I realised he was floating on some sort of mat in the water, so he seemed safe. But then I saw that the mat was slowly soaking up water and becoming waterlogged. There didn't seem to be anything I could think of to do to help him. And then I woke up, and realised, with much relief that it was just a dream. Often when I dream about Sims, they're 3 dimensional people and I'm in the game with them. But this time he was very much a Sim on a screen, so I couldn't reach in and touch him.

Anyway I'm very much relieved that it was only a dream, and I woke up. I don't think I could cope with Andrew drowning; that boy means too much to me.

Aww you sound just as attached to your sims as i am to mine. I lost two of my sims recently and i didnt even notice! They both happened after a party — one returned home from work and i was so busy with the rest of the wahan family and guests i didnt know he died at the mailbox and he was engaged to be married the same thing happened to christina after a party at the orchard house after the birthday of their twins i was seriously so sad so i looked up how to resurrect both of them and used the unlock career aspirations cheat to get the resurrect machine. Poof they were back and my couples reunited. It made me very happy i hope you dont lose andrew!
Mad Poster
#204 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 1:33 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Mar 2024 at 1:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
They say that people dream a lot when in REM sleep, but that you usually only remember dreams if disturbed from sleep. So maybe you are recalling such a lot of sim dreams because you are not comfortable due to your poor back. In that case, I really wish they would hurry up and invent dream-o-vision, because I really want to know what you and your sims are getting up to in the dreams you don't remember!
Yes my sleep is disturbed just now. I dreamt those two dreams I described just before waking up. As for the dreams I don't remember, I think in them Andrew and I are working together to make Veronaville the very best place to live in the entire Cosmos. Because that's a dream that Andrew and I share. Maybe we should call it our Vision!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Eristreams : Welcome to the Mod the Sims Sims2 forum, the best forum on the entire internet -- bar none!

Since you're new here you won't know about Andrew and me. He's the very first Sim I made when I first started up my game over eleven years ago. He's the blond-haired teenage boy in my avatar. The other Sim in my avatar is his mum Gloria, whom I made a few minutes after Andrew. As you can see, when I joined Mod the Sims a few days later I used (with their permission) their names as my user name. A little later I also used them to make my avatar. Over the next few weeks, as I learned to play this great game, Andrew was constantly with me, and I felt he and I were learning how to play together. I think we grew very close to each other. I play a slow, cautious and protective game, with Aging usually off. Mainly as a result of such play (and more than a little luck in my earlier Simming days) I have never even seen the Grim Reaper. I have modded out a couple of major causes of premature Sim death -- especially fire. Mainly because watching somebody I love burning to death, and no to be able to save them (or to try to save them and fail), is one of the worst things I can imagine.

I would be upset if any of my Sims (including townies) were to die, especially if had watched them dying and hadn't been able to save them. I think I'm afraid of doing my best, and my best not being good enough -- of failing a friend who needed me in a matter of life and death. But when I think, or dream, of anything really bad happening to one of my Sims, it's invariably Andrew I imagine it happening to. Probably because, of all the Sims in my game, Andrew is the one closest to me. Andrew has become more than a Sim to me. He's also become my "imaginary friend"; I discuss everything and anything with him. (Don't anybody say that, just because I'm in my seventies, I can't have an imaginary friend!!) Of course he's more than imaginary, because I know where he lives, who his mum is, who his friends are, who his husband is. And of course I know his personality because I've seen how he acts in my game. Serious and a bit shy, he's like me in some ways, but in other ways he's very unlike me; he's neat and organised. He's told me he doesn't know how I can live in such a mess. His very outgoing mum has to a large extent helped him to overcome his natural shyness. Gloria is at her physical peak in the Athletics career, and Andrew uses her punchbag and obstacle course (she used to be in the army) to keep himself extremely fit. Andrew and I are both gay. But while Andrew is in successful relationships (it's a bit complicated!), I've really only acknowledged being gay since starting to play The Sims 2, and would be scared to get into a real-life relationship. (Andrew has paired me up with Chester Gieke! But so far we've done nothing about that!!)

Andrew and his mum have been living at 19 Chorus Court, Veronaville since the very beginning of my game. Some three years ago they both married their respective boyfriends in a double wedding at St Simeon's Parish Church, Veronaville, and since them all four of them have been living in the little house. Over the years I've posted a lot about Andrew on MTS, and quite a few pictures of him, including some in the Teen Sim Pictures thread. My pictures in that thread start at page 21 with some good (if old) pictures of Andrew.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#205 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 2:28 AM
I do sometimes dream about stuff I accessed on a computer, anything that was most prominent activity during previous days. But it is all forgotten within minutes of waking up, especially new names or words that I feel like had a meaning in the dream but don't exist in reality.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 9:56 AM
Over the years I've posted a lot about Andrew on MTS, and quite a few pictures of him, including some in the Teen Sim Pictures thread. My pictures in that thread start at page 21 with some good (if old) pictures of Andrew.

You can really see how much your graphics have improved since then!
Test Subject
#207 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 3:38 AM
Yes my sleep is disturbed just now. I dreamt those two dreams I described just before waking up. As for the dreams I don't remember, I think in them Andrew and I are working together to make Veronaville the very best place to live in the entire Cosmos. Because that's a dream that Andrew and I share. Maybe we should call it our Vision!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Eristreams : Welcome to the Mod the Sims Sims2 forum, the best forum on the entire internet -- bar none!

Since you're new here you won't know about Andrew and me. He's the very first Sim I made when I first started up my game over eleven years ago. He's the blond-haired teenage boy in my avatar. The other Sim in my avatar is his mum Gloria, whom I made a few minutes after Andrew. As you can see, when I joined Mod the Sims a few days later I used (with their permission) their names as my user name. A little later I also used them to make my avatar. Over the next few weeks, as I learned to play this great game, Andrew was constantly with me, and I felt he and I were learning how to play together. I think we grew very close to each other. I play a slow, cautious and protective game, with Aging usually off. Mainly as a result of such play (and more than a little luck in my earlier Simming days) I have never even seen the Grim Reaper. I have modded out a couple of major causes of premature Sim death -- especially fire. Mainly because watching somebody I love burning to death, and no to be able to save them (or to try to save them and fail), is one of the worst things I can imagine.

I enjoyed reading yours and andrew’s story! Thanks for sharing. I am very attached to my sims too! I am new to posting but i have been reading MTS for over a year. I’ve enjoyed my time here so far! Nice to meet you and Andrew, too .
Top Secret Researcher
#208 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 1:07 PM
Last night I dreamt not that I was playing, but that I was scrolling through MTS. All I remember is that I was about to reply to someone arguing that in some cultures they DO leave the fish's head on when cooking/serving it and they DO leave the bones in through part of the eating process. My best guess is they were complaining about some in-game food having this happen and that it was "gross".

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#209 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 12:40 PM
I did just this morning-it was quite a complex dream, where a family was trying to get to another side of a city separated by a river, only to find the could not move into a house because it was too far away. They were very disappointed.

Anyway, I now have a new name for a future neighborhood: Belle Isle.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#210 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:09 PM
Not really a dream, but we replaced the mirror cabinet thing in the bathroom and I remembered how much I loved Bob Newbie brush his teeth in TS1
Page 9 of 9