Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 11:38 AM
Default Blender help
Is there some place where I can find help for meshing for the sims 3 with blender?

I just started using blender to mesh for the sims and I'm having problems when I import my .obj files to milkshape. It gives like superweird results. Is there some secret to it that I don't know. I'm quite new at the whole meshing thing so I might be missing something completely obvious.

Also, how do I save my .obj files so that the object groups are saved?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 12:57 PM
You can just post in the Meshing forums, no matter what editor you use (it's a good idea to mention "blender" in the thread title if you do, and also state which version you use).

When you have "superweird results", please post screenshots – people won't know what you mean unless you show them. It might also help to explain exactly what you do when you import to milkshape, in case you're missing a step.

The .obj export has a bunch of options on how groups are saved – how exactly are you exporting? A screenshot might be useful.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 8:43 PM
You might also want to have a look at the scripts I've written to import and export objects thus bypassing the need for MilkShape. They aren't perfect, but the more people using it and giving feedback the more we can sort the errors. The scripts are sticky'd in the Meshing forums.