Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1076 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:01 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 9th Feb 2018 at 8:15 AM.
The last house I'll post tonight is called Oak Pass Guesthouse, which is a real-life house in California. An internet search should bring up pictures. It is a guest house to a much larger, modern main house.
Downstairs is kitchen with dining and living area, half bath and corridor to a renovated barn in back of the lot. Upstairs has 2 large bedrooms with terraces and 2 full baths. Not sure what to put in the empty lawn area.

I might post some more in the next few days.
Advertisement
Scholar
#1077 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:32 PM.
Wow, those are some really great builds, I really like the landscaping at the rear of your Eurohouse, I really like the shape and the landscaping of your MinecraftHouse too. I like using Mincecraft to conjure up designs that simply aren't possible within the constrains of the Sims.
Your Oak Pass Guesthouse looks really great too. I really like the landscaping as it is, although if I were to feel the need to add to it then I'd put a large tree in the back corner and a patio at its base with a table and chairs.

Despite being nearly finished with my previous stately home I've started work on a new one across the street...

So far she's just a facade, but I'm hopeful that it too will come to life in the same way as its neighbour.
Screenshots
Theorist
#1078 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
Wow, those are some really great builds, I really like the landscaping at the rear of your Eurohouse, I really like the shape and the landscaping of your MinecraftHouse too. I like using Mincecraft to conjure up designs that simply aren't possible within the constrains of the Sims.
Your Oak Pass Guesthouse looks really great too. I really like the landscaping as it is, although if I were to feel the need to add to it then I'd put a large tree in the back corner and a patio at its base with a table and chairs.

Thanks for your comments. Since it should be obvious that I like modern houses, it shouldn't hard for you to figure out which one of your uploads I like best. One of these days I'll find someplace to upload my stuff again, somewhere.

Yes, the back yard for the Eurohouse turned out well. Although most people in Europe don't have pools, it's amazing what they often put in the limited space around their houses. I think some, if not most, of the participants of this thread are in Europe, so I don't have to explain.
Here's the link to the Minecraft house that inspired my Sims 2 version: http://idolza.com/qz/61o8050j/how-minecraft/xw10508/

So, here are some more of my more recent builds.

3T2House #05, is obviously a conversion from a Sims 3 house, specifically this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=566119
She got it out of a magazine and my Sims 2 version was made with her permission, of course. My version differs somewhat on the first floor, where instead of a garage in the back of the house, mine has a billiards/game room.

My infatuation with concrete continues with ConcreteHouse#09, a house bigger than it appears on a smallish 20x30 (or 20x40?) lot, although this time the use of concrete is tempered substantially by natural stone around the entrance and wood paneling on the top floor.
Ground floor has garage, large lounge, 2 full-size bedrooms (although they're smaller than the upstairs ones), a 3/4 bath and a smallish storage room. Main floor is the usual kitchen with dining area, large living, half bath and a terrace out back. Upstairs has 3 large bedrooms, including the master suite, an additional full bath and a nursery.
Theorist
#1079 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Feb 2018 at 10:57 PM.
Next up is ConcreteHouse#11, which sits diagonally on the lot grid. Large in all respects, it has 3 large bedrooms, with an additional large room to use as a player sees fit (read: I don't know what to put in it yet), a massive living room with fireplace, bar, piano and two terraces. Pool and spa occupy the partially sunken back yard. Even though the house sits on the diagonal, all furniture and everything is on-grid, so there are no weird animations. Landscaping is unfinished.
Theorist
#1080 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 17th Feb 2018 at 11:27 PM.
ConcreteHouse#12 is loosely based on a real concrete house in the Netherlands. The main entrance is on the right side, not shown in the pics.

I usually only download other players' creations to examine them and to get ideas. I've only kept two of them in my lot collection, and both have been somewhat rebuilt, although ModernVillaRedux, below, is mostly unchanged. Here is the original, an eye-catching, outstanding design: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=234752
And here is my rebuild:
Theorist
#1081 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:50 PM
I'm often inspired by a single picture of a house, as with my ThreeColumnHouse, based on an advert of a few years ago for a money-lending company with an apparently somewhat bad reputation. The pool is nestled in an extensively landscaped area.
Alchemist
#1082 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:11 AM
@ScaryRob
#9 reminds me of a home I made ages ago in TS2. It had a very similar entry, but more of a minimalistic modern. I haven't been able to recreate it to my likings. I think I'll start doing that now, after being reminded of it again

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1083 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM
Oh, wow, ConcreteHouse #9 looks like potential dream house material to me, externally all I'd want to add is a chimney (for a fireplace inside the house) and then an Arts and Crafts/Cottage style garden to the rear and then I'd be quite happy living there. Any chance we might get to see shots of the interior? :lovestruc
The landscaping for your ConcreteHouse #11 and ThreeColumnHouse is really awesome too. :lovestruc
Theorist
#1084 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:08 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM.
Thanks for all your kind comments, glad you liked my stuff.

@Johnny_Bravo

Recreate it for TS3 you mean?
Post some pics, when you're happy with it.

Oh, wow, ConcreteHouse #9 looks like potential dream house material to me, externally all I'd want to add is a chimney (for a fireplace inside the house) and then an Arts and Crafts/Cottage style garden to the rear and then I'd be quite happy living there. Any chance we might get to see shots of the interior? :lovestruc

You're right, it doesn't have a fireplace, but I imagine one could be added, especially one that only has a stovepipe that won't interfere too much with the top floor. Here are the interior shots (the house is only partially furnished):

With a Sims 2 house like this, a player would want to have the mod that prevents Sims from using the garage door as an entrance, because I think they would always use it, instead of going up the outside stairs to the main entrance. The garage door will of course still open for vehicles.
Occasional routing issues such as that will come up with some of my houses, but usually they can be fixed by just keeping a fence gate locked or having that simple garage door mod. One of the most useful things the designers ever did with this game is to allow doors to be locked, or designated only for certain Sims.
Theorist
#1085 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:20 AM
This next one is actually MinecraftHouse#01. The one uptopic on the previous page is #02.

Theorist
#1086 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:37 AM
While I'm in my desert 'hood, here's my latest creation of a few months ago, DesertHouse#02.

Theorist
#1087 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:21 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Feb 2018 at 11:15 PM.
Of all the Sims 2 houses I've built, ConcreteHouse#08 is my favorite. It just turned out perfect, in my opinion, inside and out.
It's a two bedroom (both ensuites), with an additional spare room and the usual kitchen, dining etc. It's what one might call a "reverse anatomy" house, because the bedrooms are downstairs and the public rooms upstairs. Modern style, of course - "International" even, whatever that means.
With this house, I used four of the custom content build items I typically use with many of my modern houses, because of their dramatic aesthetic effect, namely, Tiggy's Metro Windows, Linegud's Wall Holes, Curious B's Discrete Concrete Walls Set (which she made after I requested it over at GoS), and xrax's Cypress Trees.
I know some people think the Maxis Discrete Concrete wall covering is ugly, but I like it.
Theorist
#1088 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:13 PM
ConcreteHouse#07 is a smaller version of an earlier concrete house I posted, I forget what number it was, 11 or something.
This one's just an 8x8 square block, but still has 2 full bedrooms upstairs and 2.5 bathrooms. There is also a basement to add to the available space.
Alchemist
#1089 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:36 AM
@ScaryRob
TS3 yeah, but I kinda have a hard time figuring out the stairs since there's no stage like TS2.
I just realized it could be really useful for saving time not getting the wonky walls you get with cfe. #BringBackTheStage

#1090 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Here's the pic of the real-life house that inspired me. I think there's resemblance.

I certainly prefer your adaptation, particularly with the pitched roof. It feels a lot more homely and inviting.

You've certainly got a talent for landscaping, your DesertHouse #02 is very evocative with its landscaping, I can feel the dry heat just radiating off of it. I can imagine triciamanly would feel very much at home there.

ConcreteHouse #08 is totally awesome, it really does look great both inside and out, I particularly like the way you've done the landscaping with the shed in the back garden. Very 1960's indeed.

If you preferred my more modern uploads then you're probably not going to like the Georgian monstrosity my yellow house has grown into.
It very much takes inspiration from West Wycombe Park, Basildon Park, Marble Hill and Pavlovsk Palace.

Screenshots
Theorist
#1091 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:18 AM
If you preferred my more modern uploads then you're probably not going to like the Georgian monstrosity my yellow house has grown into.

Granted, they're not my thing, but I can appreciate the amount of effort you folks put into the details.
Theorist
#1092 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:26 AM
I know flat roofs get old after a while, probably since there isn't much detail to them, and some people just don't like them at anytime. So, I re-did the roof to my DesertHouse#02 that I posted uptopic.
I'm looking for opinions on which roof looks better:

What do you all think?
Scholar
#1093 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:04 AM
What do you all think?

Personally I think the flat roof with the parapet/half-wall is much better suited for that kind of house.
Theorist
#1094 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:12 PM
Personally I think the flat roof with the parapet/half-wall is much better suited for that kind of house.

I agree. The only reason I originally had just a flat roof atop a 4-click false level was because I'd gotten tired of always putting a half wall around a flat roof. I have a lot of houses with these types of roofs, but they do seem to fit these houses best.
You probably noticed that a simple pitched roof is not something I included as an option. That's because I don't think it would fit at all.
Theorist
#1095 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:31 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM.
Here's my little monster, ConcreteHouse#10, as I mentioned in the other thread.
It's much more horizontal than I originally intended, which is why I ended up with the two large flat roofs. I find it much harder to come up with interesting vertical shapes (that also work interiorly) than to simply give in to the temptation to just add another room at the end of a hallway, which is what happened here.

The previous houses I posted uptopic in which I went three-story vertical were just rectangular boxes, in which I forced the interiors to conform to the exterior shape of the house. That's not too hard to do, provided the rectangle is fairly big, but in the case of ConcreteHouse#07 (post #1088), which is only 8x8, it was very hard to fit the kitchen, dining, entry, half bath, closet and two staircases into that confined space on the first floor in a realistic way that I was reasonably happy with. I worked on that floor a long, long time (over a couple of months, coming back to it periodically). Originally, I had given up on including a basement, because I couldn't come up with a reasonable location for the basement stairs (I didn't want outside stairs), but eventually decided that the house was too small to not have the extra space and came up with a reasonable location for a spiral stair to the basement.
The layout of the third-floor bedrooms with the two bathrooms took a while too, especially since I originally planned on including a nursery instead of a second bath, the space for which was just not there, although it was not nearly as hard to do as the first floor.
Virtually every square in that house serves a purpose.

So, the original intention with this house was to go vertical, with some prominent diagonal walls. It didn't happen, except for the tall living room windows, which is where I started building.
Anyhoo, I like the entrance, the tall windows in the back and the area of the private little patio outside the mastersuite with steps down into the back yard. The house sits on an 8-click mound, which I did to allow the sunken living room. The upstairs is mostly a large den, overlooking the living room, with a half-bath and office to the side above the dining room (in the "turret"). 3 full bedrooms and 2.5 baths are downstairs.
I did try to emphasize verticality a little more with some tall narrow windows.
As big as this house is, it doesn't have a dedicated nursery near the bedrooms (or anywhere else, although the upstairs would be an obvious place). The layout is nothing to write home about, IMO.
I'm undecided on how to finish the back yard landscaping.
Scholar
#1096 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 25th Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM.
So, the original intention with this house was to go vertical, with some prominent diagonal walls. It didn't happen, except for the tall living room windows, which is where I started building.
Anyhoo, I like the entrance, the tall windows in the back and the area of the private little patio outside the mastersuite with steps down into the back yard. The house sits on an 8-click mound, which I did to allow the sunken living room. The upstairs is mostly a large den, overlooking the living room, with a half-bath and office to the side above the dining room (in the "turret"). 3 full bedrooms and 2.5 baths are downstairs.
I did try to emphasize verticality a little more with some tall narrow windows.
As big as this house is, it doesn't have a dedicated nursery near the bedrooms (or anywhere else, although the upstairs would be an obvious place). The layout is nothing to write home about, IMO.
I'm undecided on how to finish the back yard landscaping.

Wow, that one's really cool too, I really like the use of colour, it really make it feel a lot warmer and more inviting, I'd be tempted to do away with the concrete on the exterior and render it with adobe/stucco and make it another southwestern style house. While I'm never usually a fan of having an open-plan kitchen, especially one situated right by the front door, I really like the way you've done the internal layout. Especially with the dinning nook, living area and kitchen. I also really like the layout for the landscaping and the use of those slabs/tiles too. :lovestruc
Quote:
"Hello, 911? My house has started bleeding from its walls and windows. I think it might be possessed and maybe trying to kill me..."

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1097 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:43 AM
I call this the Ellwood Its 3 storey L shaped manor inspired by The Gilded Age
I found a floor plan of an actual residence on Pinterest so i let my creative juices flow!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1098 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM.
Ranch-ish/Converted barn home. The floorplan is loosely based on the house I live in.

Placed it on a 60x60 lot from a 35x30 one and fiddled with the driveway a little. Previous driveway and new one:

#1099 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Ranch-ish/Converted barn home. The floorplan is loosely based on the house I live in.

Nice.
Presumably, the 8-square room near the bedroom hallway is the main bath, but what is the 4-square room next to it?
Also, are those dormer windows cc?
Alchemist
#1100 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:37 PM.
The small room is the laundry. The living area, hallway and bedrooms are almost an exact copy, but I switched the front with the rear. If I were to copy the floorplan completely the home wouldn't look like this.
The dormer windows are part of Hudy777's ModernLine windows

Slowly getting it done:
Screenshots

Page 44 of 98