Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 10:15 AM
Default Underwater house or swamp house
last night I was looking to download Daihtnaoz7 new Victorian Gardens lot at TheSims2.com and came across a strange lot called "Testarea 1" by frillen7 the house is built in a sink hole or swamp, below street level almost, when the old guy goes to the roof to BBQ you see his head and shoulders , below his shoulder on down he's takes on the atmosphere of the swamp or sink hole, the lot was to hard to traverse, view your sim properly because it was to deep below sidewalk level, it get annoying after a while playing this lot, it be ideal lot for those that like there sim to do what they want!.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:56 AM
Do the Sims actually go in it?

−=≡ conker87 ≡=−
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:03 PM
that's looks cool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:11 PM
yea there's a old guy sitting and watching TV in the top part of the picture if you look closely!.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:05 PM
i built something like that before, but didnt really care for it

go to http://www.sim-mart.com
I make the lots for them
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 3:58 AM
I need a tutorial for it, Im hoping to make a awesome one witch is more than 3 stories high
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 4:52 PM
What do you know, sims have gills!
#8 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 3:59 PM
Houses like that would be great for the mermaid sims I downloaded. Is anyone here good at making underwater homes?
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 10:56 PM
Underwater homes are not difficult to make, You use all the same tools that you normally would. It does take a little more patients in placing things though due to the difficult angles you are forced to view the home in. You should use invisible walls (a wall added in your wall.txt) to layout the borders of your house. You can also use them to force the flow of traffic in your home either underwater or on land
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 11:01 PM Last edited by niol : 24th Nov 2005 at 11:38 PM.
mod the sims 2 > Modding the Sims 2 > Tutorials > Build Mode Tutorials

By Frillen7 -- Underwater Houses
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...p?asset_id=4017

Finish and furnish the house before sinking it, and if it's >1 floor, avoid to use connecting/modular stairs, and so use the staircases instead between floors. Nevertheless, use connecting/modular stairs only when you're connecting the above ground to the underwater. The exception should be when you're building connecting/modular stairs under the water.

as for an alternative way to make invisible walls, download the invisible wall-windows...
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Using wall text mod will result in Maxis' default wall replacement (the ugly black iron fence) on lots in non-wall.txt mod system. In my little eperiences, even if you didn't build some lots with these wall.txt-based custom walls, certain highly deformed walls may still be replaced. A wild guess for the cause may be that hitting or using any custom wall tool by accident will make the wall type record misrecorded as non-default walls even if one didn't really use any custom wall tools to build. So, take tese into considerations before using the wall.txt mod.

On the other hands, one can use the wall.txt mod for pools to make black iron fenced pools (basically by means of Maxis default replacement to turn pool walls into black iron fences...!)

I hope someone will figuare how to alter the Maxis default replacement for walls to a particularly selected wall type. If this can be done, wall.txt mod can be used as a useful building tool with much fewer worries [by switching between systems with and without a certain wall.txt mod] rather than just a mod that takes a lot of considerations. Hopefully, I'm not saying too far.

Just my 2 cents/pennies.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 11:55 PM
There's a tutorial about this on the exchange- don't remember the link tho- but you can probably search the stories for "underwater"
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conker87
Do the Sims actually go in it?

I aguee,... Oh! I got it. the sims will not put on that swimwear, they will just walk down the stair with everyday cloths and all and I guess they can live down there, I guess the sims can breath-underwater

Hello all, I am the Sim_Master, I loved the Sims 1 and I will love the Sims 2 was I get it for x-mas and I have to buy nightlife and Unv
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 2:49 AM
Where can I download it?

I love...............
The Sims 2
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies