Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:20 PM
Oh, sorry I read every single post in here but I didn't see someone mentioning it.

Ah I see it now. Sorry again thats what I get for reading so late at night - -;
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 9:11 PM
No problem.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 10:17 PM
Great Thread! Thanks to all of you.

I'd like to add something about the heigth that should be taken vor stretchSkeleton 1.0
The average height of women an men varies between different countries. You find an overview of the average heights at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height
In the game female and male sims got the same height. For example: in Germany Males are 180,2cm , Females are 169cm and Sims therefore are 174,6cm of average height.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter if you pick 180cm or 170cm - as long as the relation of height between your different sims fits.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 6:10 AM
Thanks so much for the tutorial Lexx, and thanks to wolfgeek for the chart, it's saved me at least a couple of week's calculations (I flunked math in h.s. miserably lol!)
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:41 PM
Default tall and small sims kissing...
hello, people! this is my first post...

I have Sims with various heights... and there is a problem with them doing interactions. When a small sim kisses a tall sim he just kisses somewhere the neck of the other sim... this looks... really odd...

I changed the heights using the cheatbox, though...

Are you having trouble using simPE, too?
Part-time Hermit
#31 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 7:05 AM
Betty_Lou, yes, the animations will look funky when you change sims' height with "cheats" like these. I don't think there will be any easy fix for that problem.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 3:52 AM
I've been going crazy with this in my experimental neighbourhood. It's the perfect way to insert 'tween' age groups between the official Maxis ones (I've never really bought the idea of aging from 9 to 16 in one shot.)
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 3:08 AM
Just one question regarding SimPe... I've used it to do about 40 characters, though its very lengthy during the wait process between characters. I'm very unfamiliar with this program and therefore my steps in modding the heights goes like this.

1. Load the neighbourhood
2. Click Sim Description
3. Find the Sim
4. Age data
4. Change Height

However, every time I finish changing the height I load the neighbourhood again... is there a way to go back to the neighbourhood without having to load it each time? Any help on this would be great!

Thanks for this nifty cheat! Definately adds a much more realistic touch to the game! =]
Scholar
#34 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:59 PM
No one pointed out, but DatGen does this also just as quick, by opening the character file, so if you DatGen and not SimPE then you can still do this.

I been doing this for as long as I can remember playing the game, after a while, I never bother anymore as its gets a little irriating having to re-edit then everytime they age transist such as YA-Adult even though they are suppose to share the shame default height.
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM
To find the field in the new simPE:

open the neighborhood using tools -> Neighborhood -> Neighborhood Browser
open the sim by using tools -> Neighborhood -> Sim Browser and clicking on them
click More -> Open Character File(on the far right in the bottom pane)
from here, you can proceed as above, finding the age data. This allows you to select the sim using their name and image rather than guess and check

EDIT: I see that someone suggested this above, however, my instructions are more detailed for beginners. and no, I don't know how to get back to the sim browser-- from what I can tell, openeing a character file unloads the neighborhood
Scholar
#36 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:23 AM
A much much quicker way than kurone suggested is just directly open the right N00x_User000XXx.package file and change the value there.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 10:53 PM
Yeah but you have to know the right file name to start with and if you don't know it then that is no help.

Scholar
#38 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:43 AM
Just click on the Image data first then you get the sim portrait to verify the right one, eventually you will remember the characters numbers as you gotta go back soon after they age transist anyway.
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 27th Nov 2006 at 4:54 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Thank you so much for this now i can get o with making my harry potter movie

how tall can it go ????

rock n roll can never stop being the best music
along with rap
sims 2 is a classic game .
Fave band:GreenDay
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 8:39 PM
I think the maximum is 50 but at that height all you can see on screen of the sim is knees down anyway. I don't think there is a limit in the base game though.

Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 7:12 PM
Has anyone tried this with pets? I tried with my dog and it worked, except now they have a leash sticking out of their mouth! Any ideas for a cure?
Mad Poster
#42 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 31st Dec 2006 at 9:32 PM. Reason: New Information
Take the leash off? I dunno. I don't have Pets yet.

EDIT: I have Pets now and tried it myself but with a pet that had no collar: His tongue went through the back of his head!

Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:49 AM
Love it this is awesome. ..
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 2:43 PM
Thanks for the details but i have a problem now !
My sims have a different height, it's great, but when my sim man kisses, for exemple, a smaller sim girl than him, he kisses her the forehead instead of kissing her the mouth! A little annoying! What can i do ?
Part-time Hermit
#45 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cannabeuh
Thanks for the details but i have a problem now !
My sims have a different height, it's great, but when my sim man kisses, for exemple, a smaller sim girl than him, he kisses her the forehead instead of kissing her the mouth! A little annoying! What can i do ?

I don't think there is anything you can do to fix this, it is a known side-effect of height-change that the animations will look funny in certain situations, since they are made for the original-height sims.
Instructor
#46 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:27 AM Last edited by CormorantEnt : 18th Jan 2007 at 7:33 PM.
Default Good...but...
Hmm. Tampering with their full math? I would imagine that's extremely risky business. I would only do that for them when they're adults, and I am certain of their heights. I wouldn't try it on anyone younger.

I just noticed this. About two months after this was posted, I came up with an independent chart to simulate adult height on a temporary basis.

Chart at Dozerfleet Wiki

Originally:
The trick to this one is rounding. 5'10" is rounded down to 5'9", and 5'11" is rounded up to 6'0". Other than that, an inch is more or less every 2 sSk hundredths apart.

Updated:

After reviewing my formula and Wolfgeek's, I've modified my measurements to be more in accordance with Wolfgeek. His takes estimates based on a mathematical stance. Mine involved more guesswork. I was always an inch too high.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 7:37 PM
Using SimPE 0.60a and it looks like stretch number goes to 0 when I click 'commit'.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SassyTeffie
Awesome! I made a whole midget family (adults, teen, children, toddler, and babies)! The kids don't retain their midget size when they gow up, though. Also, this tutorial doesn't work with the latest version of SimPE. you have to get an older version (I have 3.8a). It works best, though, to have the newer version as well. Then you can open the new version, find the Sims you want to mod, write down their numbers, close the new version and open the old one to mod (this saves you the tedious work of opening hundreds of files to find your Sim)!

My SimPE version is 0.60 Alpha and I can find any of the things this whole thread is about. I do would like to change the height of my Sims as all the same size is not very good for the game apperance. I personally married to a man much taller than me.. So our sims in the game are completely unrealisting even thought they do look like us..
Where can I get an older version of the SimPE?

Thank you,
Makai
Mad Poster
#49 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 8:31 PM
If anything a newer version would be better. Older ones might not work with the games you have installed.

We could seriously do with some pictures to go with the descriptions here so that everyone knows where to click on stuff.

Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for this! Kind of makes you wonder if Short/Average/Tall will be a CAS option in some EP... I rather hope so, since I'm too lazy to do this for all my sims!
Page 2 of 4