Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#12501 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:51 AM
I want one of my sims to operate a puppy farm. Not in the pejorative sense -- just a farm where he raises dogs to sell to other sims.

But I don't want him to have to have a bunch of adult male dogs on hand, I'd rather be able to impregnate his female dogs with strays that come by.

I also don't want to have to mess about raising relationships and ordering dogs to have puppies. Like dogs have to have a relationship, or check with their humans before they... I mean has anyone at EA met dogs? But I digress.

Does anyone know if there's a mod one can use to impregnate dogs the way the Sim Blender does for sims?

Thanks much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12502 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:09 AM
lol! Good point, and I've been wanting this to change as well.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12503 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
I believe I've used the InSimenator to do that. You may also want to look into Christianlov's Baby Pet Creator, though that just makes the pets magically appear without the pregnancy. One of the creators on here, might've been gummilutt, actually is working on this if I'm not mistaken. A sort of ACR for pets.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12504 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
If you're just asking about gameplay, and not how to cheat those points up, your sim earns them over time as they encounter major life events and earn the "money" points.

Oops, I didn't think of that.

is the full list of what's available

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#12505 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:00 PM
Is there any way to age pets down from elder to adult? I bought pets from the display case, but for some reason they're all elders...
Mad Poster
#12506 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:16 PM
Christianlov's Pet Age Changer. It's in the zip file in the original post here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0

Inventor
#12507 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
Is there any way to age pets down from elder to adult? I bought pets from the display case, but for some reason they're all elders...

There's Christianlov's Pet Age Changer and Pet Generator. If you want to do it the long way, there's a work-around for younger pets.

Edit: Ninja'd by Bulbasaur.
Instructor
#12508 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:46 PM
Sim manipulator also ages pets down
Instructor
#12509 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I don't think she'd continue to deliver the paper; the game would likely spawn a new paper carrier. But they have full character files so they're safe.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can do that, it's a way to get them to keep the clothes you want them to wear (NPCs in general I mean). Having said that, I've never tried it with the paper person. Maybe make a back up just in case.

So, I tried this and ihate was right. The game did create another paper carrier. However, I was able to age up the food delivery person and with Simlogical's Teleporter.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#12510 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM
Is there a way to force the game to display gravestones inside buildings rather than converting them to urns?

I ask because I'm building a church with a crypt beneath it, and I'd like to place some graves inside the crypt and have them displayed as graves rather than as urns. I don't know if there's a way to do this though?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12511 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:45 PM
Why not use deco graves for inside? You can even use extracted Maxis ones. if the lot is for upload you can't use real graves anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12512 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
Is there a way to force the game to display gravestones inside buildings rather than converting them to urns?

I ask because I'm building a church with a crypt beneath it, and I'd like to place some graves inside the crypt and have them displayed as graves rather than as urns. I don't know if there's a way to do this though?

That's a mighty good one...That'd be great if there was a way.

Lab Assistant
#12513 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM
@joandsarah77

I might do, but I quite liked the idea of a haunted crypt - I did suspect it wouldn't be possible though, considering graves are one of the things that are best not messed with.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12514 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:56 PM
Well if its for your own game try having the graves on the ground and using ground cover that looks like flooring.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12515 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:57 PM
Using deco only grave stones, while hiding the dead sim's urn, would work. You'd still have a ghost. The grave stone would not budge though, when the ghost comes out or goes back in, but who cares.

Mad Poster
#12516 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM
What happens if you put the graves on the ground, and then build the building around it?

Mad Poster
#12517 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:02 AM
What happens if you put the graves on the ground, and then build the building around it?

I thought about this. Maybe it would do OK, but then you save and come back..will it have changed?

Mad Poster
#12518 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:24 AM
Is there a way to make the corner counters accessible for appliances? It seems like a waste to just constantly put fruit bowls on them.

Scholar
#12519 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I thought about this. Maybe it would do OK, but then you save and come back..will it have changed?

Yes, they 'Update Graphics' on loading mostly to cater for broken urns but it will re-assert the indoor/outdoor graphic. Outdoors is 'outdoors - light blocking room' not 'outdoors for weather' so replacing one wall section with a fence section will probably be enough to keep the outdoors graphic.
Lab Assistant
#12520 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:16 AM
Is there a way to make the corner counters accessible for appliances? It seems like a waste to just constantly put fruit bowls on them.

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=144021

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#12521 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:37 AM
Oh wow. I'll give that a try!

Alchemist
#12522 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf

I think the placing a building around stones on the ground would work, but don't crypt's usually have caskets in them, rather than tombstones?
Mad Poster
#12523 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:00 AM
Would the long tombs in this set help? They can be placed over urns just as easily as grave stones.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=93440

EDIT: Here's more by the same creator (Gromit)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=94955
Mad Poster
#12524 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:37 AM
I believe I've used the InSimenator to do that. You may also want to look into Christianlov's Baby Pet Creator, though that just makes the pets magically appear without the pregnancy. One of the creators on here, might've been gummilutt, actually is working on this if I'm not mistaken. A sort of ACR for pets.

Sort of Working on a mod that makes pets able to woohoo without the relationship requirement, with both the other pet and the Sim. Not planning on making it autonomous, since that could get out of hand real quick and I don't have the patience to make an ACR-type thing to control it. But as soon as brain is less foggy I will continue working on the no relationship requirement part

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#12525 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:35 PM
I had a dog disapear from one of my household lots recently and I was unable to fix it. When I say "disapear" I mean that even though the dog is selectable and shows up in the household pets section and has not run away, that the dog can not go anywhere and is not visible anywhere.

The house has a foundation and there is an elevator and quite frequently Sims and Pets will end up below the ground floor inside the foundation.

So I of course looked there when I was trying to find the missing pet, but I could not find her there. The dog did not run away and I could go to a community lot and invite another Sim in the same household plus the dog and the dog would show up at the community lot. However when I went home with both Sims and the dog, she would still be missing.

The household had another dog and two cats, I could find them with no problems. They do end up in the foundation, but I could find them.

I enabled the testing cheats and used the Bat Box to generate errors on everything in world and I found the dog in the ground inside the foundation and I moved her out, and I forgot to save, then after about 30 minutes of me playing to my utter dismay the
game suddenly quit.

When I reloaded the game the lot loaded at the point where I had one of my Sims come home from a community lot, so I tried the same thing I did earlier. I enabled testing cheats and I used the Bat Box to generate errors on objects in World. This time I was unsuccessful in getting the dog back, so I finally reverted to my previous days saved game.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do if the problem happens again?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Page 501 of 1347