Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#876 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:16 PM
odd, I've yet to have a sim react negatively to discovering an alien, it's always xenophilia +2 confident.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#877 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
See, I only play aliens and humans, never vampires, in fact I use the mod to keep them from even generating. But the disguise thing IS annoying, especially when the alien isn't even in disguise and yet a sim sees through their disguise... UM THEY ARENT IN DISGUISE. And stop being so ...prejudice against aliens stupid sims! :/

I have an all-alien legacy and this mod is a lifesaver for my happy-with-themselves aliens not to live in constant shame: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589730
Scholar
#878 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
I have an all-alien legacy and this mod is a lifesaver for my happy-with-themselves aliens not to live in constant shame: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589730

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
odd, I've yet to have a sim react negatively to discovering an alien, it's always xenophilia +2 confident.

I get angry reactions sometimes. It says "How could they hide themselves from me like that" or something to that effect. That is doubly annoying when the alien isn't actually IN DISGUISE.

Like the alien sim literally has blue skin and pointy ears and you think they're in disguise? Okay
Field Researcher
#879 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:29 AM
It says "How could they hide themselves from me like that" or something to that effect. That is doubly annoying when the alien isn't actually IN DISGUISE.

Like the alien sim literally has blue skin and pointy ears and you think they're in disguise? Okay

Yes, this! There's no disguise! And I always felt it was worse when the one that got the reaction was the parent of the alien in question. Stupid sim, you got abducted and produced a blue alien spawn, and NOW you're angry at the teenage (or whatever) kid because LE GASP, AN ALIEN! ?
Also I have that one game-generated alien sim in disguise that will go after whatever alien I play, stalk them endlessly and constantly wipe their memories. Yeah. I first thought it was just the one sim girl in particular that had somehow gathered this particular misfortune, but no. So, no more aliens for me.

Hm. Judging by that baby pic, has your sim produced a yukkuri? XP
Theorist
#880 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
Yes, this! There's no disguise! And I always felt it was worse when the one that got the reaction was the parent of the alien in question. Stupid sim, you got abducted and produced a blue alien spawn, and NOW you're angry at the teenage (or whatever) kid because LE GASP, AN ALIEN! ?
Also I have that one game-generated alien sim in disguise that will go after whatever alien I play, stalk them endlessly and constantly wipe their memories. Yeah. I first thought it was just the one sim girl in particular that had somehow gathered this particular misfortune, but no. So, no more aliens for me.

Being an out-of-touch non weeb I had to look up what you meant be Yukkuri and Jesus Christ, the Fandom wiki page is almost longer than the actual wiki page for the american civil war. That is more words than necessary for the phrase "disembodied heads of anime-style characters." xD
Scholar
#881 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:00 AM

Yeah I have autonomous mischief turned off (MCCC) because I don't want some of the more nefarious things happening like "memory erase." My self-sim-son almost got his memory erased by his own wife and I nearly would have killed her (and I don't kill sims, ever) because I think that's an incredibly mean thing to do. Memory erase should be under mean category, NOT mischief!

And I had to google a yukkuri too...
Field Researcher
#882 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:39 AM
Yeah I have autonomous mischief turned off (MCCC) because I don't want some of the more nefarious things happening like "memory erase." My self-sim-son almost got his memory erased by his own wife and I nearly would have killed her (and I don't kill sims, ever) because I think that's an incredibly mean thing to do. Memory erase should be under mean category, NOT mischief!

And I had to google a yukkuri too...

While I can't strictly recall what is in the Mischief category right now, I make sure the sims I control never venture into those socials - because frankly, most of them seem mean to me, not "mischievous". As it is I don't entirely get why it is a category at all, the more playful and not mean options could be Playful while the others Mean. But that's just me. (oddly enough when I've created sims specifically to be mean and evil and have bad relations or bad habits - that never works for long. They repair messed up relationships on their own and opt NOT to do most mean things, while normal sims would casually go up to their lovers and do whatever mischief that could do the most damage, before I too did the MCCC thing. )
(Regarding yukkuri, reading a wiki is fine, wish I had done that too when I first encountered it, just don't do what I did and start reading random comic things. Oh it is all cute and innocent until BAM! you're hit with pure nightmare fuel. Take It Easy, yeah?)

Speaking of weirdness, I have a sim I created ages ago still in my game that I made creative, romantic and cheerful, with the soulmate aspiration. She grew up, fell in love, got married, everything was fine. Had a kid too. And then when I left that household to play others, well - every time since that I've created a single sim and had that sim go out to clubs, dancing, whatever, she shows up. (and by now I'm properly wary) If at that point I've gotten distracted so my sim is let go for a second the next thing I know she's there, flirting up a storm. NOOOO! I don't want xsimnamex to have romantic bar with you! AND you're happily married! Gaaaaah!
So. Yeah. I made the Bicycle Club and put her as president. -.- At least she's easy to spot now. :p
Lab Assistant
#883 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:25 PM
One of the childrens books is called "The Little Train that Couldn't"
EA just ruined my hopes and dreams
Scholar
#884 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 3:25 AM
While I can't strictly recall what is in the Mischief category right now, I make sure the sims I control never venture into those socials - because frankly, most of them seem mean to me, not "mischievous". As it is I don't entirely get why it is a category at all, the more playful and not mean options could be Playful while the others Mean. But that's just me. (oddly enough when I've created sims specifically to be mean and evil and have bad relations or bad habits - that never works for long. They repair messed up relationships on their own and opt NOT to do most mean things, while normal sims would casually go up to their lovers and do whatever mischief that could do the most damage, before I too did the MCCC thing. )
(Regarding yukkuri, reading a wiki is fine, wish I had done that too when I first encountered it, just don't do what I did and start reading random comic things. Oh it is all cute and innocent until BAM! you're hit with pure nightmare fuel. Take It Easy, yeah?)

Speaking of weirdness, I have a sim I created ages ago still in my game that I made creative, romantic and cheerful, with the soulmate aspiration. She grew up, fell in love, got married, everything was fine. Had a kid too. And then when I left that household to play others, well - every time since that I've created a single sim and had that sim go out to clubs, dancing, whatever, she shows up. (and by now I'm properly wary) If at that point I've gotten distracted so my sim is let go for a second the next thing I know she's there, flirting up a storm. NOOOO! I don't want xsimnamex to have romantic bar with you! AND you're happily married! Gaaaaah!
So. Yeah. I made the Bicycle Club and put her as president. -.- At least she's easy to spot now. :p

My evil sims would easily destroy family relationships if I didn't have autonomous mischief and in particular meanness, turned off. I know some people like it that way, but I'm a control freak with my sims and interestingly, while I do have evil sims, I like to control when and how often they are evil. Before MCCC for example, my evil sim insulted his family to the point of becoming acquaintances! Now that I've got an evil sim with bad manners, who is argumentative and insensitive, it's even tougher to keep his relationships in good shape. I have to monitor his behaviour the most, as he likes to assert his correctness over others. And they'd never think to apologize unless I made them!

And the random flirting? I HATED THAT! I have the game set up with MCCC to prevent flirting with sims who are not romantically involved with each other (so no flirting with random townies ect) and it hasn't been a problem since. In fact, to my delight, my married sims are flirting with each other now more often than before, as before I simply had "autonomous flirting" turned off.

BTW I like your sim in your avatar. She's cute. :D
Test Subject
#885 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:14 AM
Help me, mother

See, I only play aliens and humans, never vampires, in fact I use the mod to keep them from even generating. But the disguise thing IS annoying, especially when the alien isn't even in disguise and yet a sim sees through their disguise... UM THEY ARENT IN DISGUISE. And stop being so ...prejudice against aliens stupid sims! :/

Oh god that is horrible! I've seen a lot of stuff happening on here that I have yet to experience in my Sims game... or hopefully not. Haha! Considering some of the stuff.
Field Researcher
#886 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:18 AM
My evil sims would easily destroy family relationships if I didn't have autonomous mischief and in particular meanness, turned off. I know some people like it that way, but I'm a control freak with my sims and interestingly, while I do have evil sims, I like to control when and how often they are evil. Before MCCC for example, my evil sim insulted his family to the point of becoming acquaintances! Now that I've got an evil sim with bad manners, who is argumentative and insensitive, it's even tougher to keep his relationships in good shape. I have to monitor his behaviour the most, as he likes to assert his correctness over others. And they'd never think to apologize unless I made them!

And the random flirting? I HATED THAT! I have the game set up with MCCC to prevent flirting with sims who are not romantically involved with each other (so no flirting with random townies ect) and it hasn't been a problem since. In fact, to my delight, my married sims are flirting with each other now more often than before, as before I simply had "autonomous flirting" turned off.

BTW I like your sim in your avatar. She's cute. :D

I TRIED to make evil sims with all bad traits like that, just to play a disaster family (actually I built the Pleasant family for one of these), but unless I directed them they wouldn't do anything negative at all besides the odd fart, and they spontaneously apologised and made up for whatever I'd managed to make them do. I honestly thought sweet-natured little teen Angela would react to the abuse the most, but no - she was unmoved and then went into a moodswing to become a picky eater, and that's it.
The autonomous flirting I wouldn't mind at all, if it could somehow just not occur with sims that are engaged or married to others. Then again my game has been a bit - odd - from the start. It took me months to even realize that some people seemed to be requesting autonomous woohoo-related mods in some places, while I'm sitting here blinking in confusion because my sims have been doing that on their own from the start. I'd send them off to do something, like cook or whatever, focus on another family member for a bit only to discover that the cooking has been abandoned and the sim in question is in bed with her partner. (that has gotten better these days though, whether that's from updates or from MCCC or something, so sims are a little less likely to break off activities like that for woohoo.)

Oh, a random thing - spotted a teen game generated sim I've seen a few times before that has confused me because she's got the graying haircolour, and thought that this time I'd do something about it. Got her family into CAS - surprise surprise she's got a little sister that is a blue alien baby - and decided to do a little work on both mom and daughter. Really, I just picked different colour swatches of the clothes they already wore, made their bodies slimmer AND - the important part - made their heads narrow instead of maximum wide. O.O Oh you little elves! <3 I'm completely infatuated and must save them to my list. I never would have been able to make these adorable ladies myself, but ooh, they're so cute. :D
Theorist
#887 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:41 PM
Oh, a random thing - spotted a teen game generated sim I've seen a few times before that has confused me because she's got the graying haircolour, and thought that this time I'd do something about it. Got her family into CAS - surprise surprise she's got a little sister that is a blue alien baby - and decided to do a little work on both mom and daughter. Really, I just picked different colour swatches of the clothes they already wore, made their bodies slimmer AND - the important part - made their heads narrow instead of maximum wide. O.O Oh you little elves! <3 I'm completely infatuated and must save them to my list. I never would have been able to make these adorable ladies myself, but ooh, they're so cute. :D
all that description and no pictures? Come on!
Scholar
#888 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:50 PM
Then again my game has been a bit - odd - from the start. It took me months to even realize that some people seemed to be requesting autonomous woohoo-related mods in some places, while I'm sitting here blinking in confusion because my sims have been doing that on their own from the start. I'd send them off to do something, like cook or whatever, focus on another family member for a bit only to discover that the cooking has been abandoned and the sim in question is in bed with her partner. (that has gotten better these days though, whether that's from updates or from MCCC or something, so sims are a little less likely to break off activities like that for woohoo.)

My sims have always autonomously woohood from the start too, before I had MCCC OR the Woohoo module. Personally I loved it that way, felt spontaneous. Even immediately following the birth of a child (literally IMMEDIATELY), they'd be woohooing... celebratory? Seems kinda like a bad idea but okay.
Theorist
#889 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 5:01 PM
My sims have always autonomously woohood from the start too, before I had MCCC OR the Woohoo module. Personally I loved it that way, felt spontaneous. Even immediately following the birth of a child (literally IMMEDIATELY), they'd be woohooing... celebratory? Seems kinda like a bad idea but okay.

Well, if it were anything like real life, generally women can't get pregnant while they're still breast feeding, so it should be fine. (yes, I know there are exceptions but please don't be that guy. I said "generally")
Scholar
#890 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
Well, if it were anything like real life, generally women can't get pregnant while they're still breast feeding, so it should be fine. (yes, I know there are exceptions but please don't be that guy. I said "generally")

I don't mean getting pregnant right after birth. I know that, lol. I mean doctors recommend not resuming woohoo for up to 4 weeks following birth. Definitely not in the first two weeks because there is a risk of bleeding and infection. If your labour was particularly gruesome and injuring, it's six weeks. That's why I said it's not a good idea.
Theorist
#891 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM
I don't mean getting pregnant right after birth. I know that, lol. I mean doctors recommend not resuming woohoo for up to 4 weeks following birth. Definitely not in the first two weeks because there is a risk of bleeding and infection. If your labour was particularly gruesome and injuring, it's six weeks. That's why I said it's not a good idea.

huh, TIL. thank you!

Not that I think I'll personally ever need to know the particulars of labour, but still... Knowledge is power I guess.
Scholar
#892 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:08 PM
huh, TIL. thank you!

Not that I think I'll personally ever need to know the particulars of labour, but still... Knowledge is power I guess.

Same...I dunno my mind is a treasure trove of useless trivia
Field Researcher
#893 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:20 PM
all that description and no pictures? Come on!

Oh! Um, it didn't occur to me anyone would want to see them - I was just gushing because I'm silly.
OK, after carefully looking at the site rules, here goes:

Hope that works.
I made them slimmer and their faces narrower, gave them lashes and slightly different makeup, but their cuteness is all from the game itself. (Yes I have the mod for elf ears) The mom is the one that looks younger btw, in my opinion anyway. OH and yeah, I have that thing in my game where all ladies become massive for some reason (I've mentioned before my Clark Griffin sim that looks like she might take out a passing vehicle by accident if she turns around too fast).
Theorist
#894 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:23 PM
Oh! Um, it didn't occur to me anyone would want to see them - I was just gushing because I'm silly.
OK, after carefully looking at the site rules, here goes:

Hope that works.
I made them slimmer and their faces narrower, gave them lashes and slightly different makeup, but their cuteness is all from the game itself. (Yes I have the mod for elf ears) The mom is the one that looks younger btw, in my opinion anyway. OH and yeah, I have that thing in my game where all ladies become massive for some reason (I've mentioned before my Clark Griffin sim that looks like she might take out a passing vehicle by accident if she turns around too fast).

wow, you weren't kidding, they ARE cute!
Scholar
#895 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:39 PM
Definitely cute and not the typical alien look. I have an alien like that in my game that was game generated. I thought he was cute so I saved him and now he's a favorite of mine.
Lab Assistant
#896 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:36 PM
When you know you're too sober for a job.
Screenshots
Inventor
#897 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:49 PM
It feels weird when your sim gets text message from a ghost that he is starving and wants to invite me for a dinner in restaurant.
Test Subject
#898 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 11:48 AM
Today my runnaway teen noticed a bunch of wild apple trees on a cliff not far from where she had pitched up her tent. When she got there she also noticed an esel with someones drawing left on it.
It had a price tag on it but no name and since money was tight my teen wondered if she could just take it and sell it to a collector even though it was not her own and she did not know the artist.
And low and behold, she pulled it off.

(That painting must have been there who knows how long. At least a day; I only just noticed this location. XD I found it interesting that I could not move the painting from that location; only buy it. - Except when selecting "sell to collector". I did not expect that to actually work to be honest. XD)
Inventor
#899 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 2:22 PM
Some time ago I've buildt small park-playground for children and tots, so while playing my current family, I've sent mom with her twin daughters to this park. Saw some other toddlers there which had some broken CC, so I decided to edit them in CAS to remove broken CC. After CAS loading up, (they're npcs, never played their household at all) I've noticed that toddler girl was a WIFE to adult/elder guy, and other toddler boy (they're both from one household) was her SON. WTF.
Theorist
#900 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Some time ago I've buildt small park-playground for children and tots, so while playing my current family, I've sent mom with her twin daughters to this park. Saw some other toddlers there which had some broken CC, so I decided to edit them in CAS to remove broken CC. After CAS loading up, (they're npcs, never played their household at all) I've noticed that toddler girl was a WIFE to adult/elder guy, and other toddler boy (they're both from one household) was her SON. WTF.

If you're not gonna report the crime, you have no right to judge him.
Page 36 of 38