Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:59 PM
Default The Sims 3 houses in The Sims 4
I've had some time on my hands as of lately, so I've been rebuilding houses from The Sims 3 in The Sims 4 and sharing them on the gallery.

Here is an example:

You can find them on the gallery by searching my name, BiscoMix07. You can also search the tags #sims3 or #thesims3.

All of Water Lily Lane houses are built and on the gallery (the starter homes) except for 1. Are there any houses from The Sims 3 you would really like to see on the gallery?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:51 PM
Nice! I'll check them out! Not sure which houses I'd like to see, it's just nice to have some different types. I did like the Goths house.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM
Very nice! Whatever people say there is an upgrade in graphics. Especially the trees look so much nicer :-)

I can hardly remember any of the SIms 3 houses, but the Wolff's house looked nice and would work nicely in Oasis Springs. Of course it might be a bit difficult to rebuild

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:31 PM
wow, i'm really impressed with the graphic quality on TS3.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
wow, i'm really impressed with the graphic quality on TS3.

Wow, I'll say. Seeing the two houses side-by-side makes TS4's world look even more like Sims1-meets-Facebook, especially when contrasted with the lovely differences in terrain levels in the yard of that TS3 house. The only step up I can see is a literal one, and that's the curb, which makes the street view look better than TS2 or 3.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:31 AM
Great idea BiscoMix. Keep going!
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:16 AM
They look nice.
I've done the same with two of the houses which I loved in Sims 2. Both are uploaded on the gallery as well. Same username as on here
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 10:21 AM
Thanks, AngelFrouk! I'll look for those, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:05 PM
Looking at them both, I couldn't be able to tell the difference, TS3 landscaping graphics with amazing at the time, unless I don't see a sim in screenshot, I couldn't never tell the difference if I'm looking at a TS3 or TS4 house.
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Looking at them both, I couldn't be able to tell the difference, TS3 landscaping graphics with amazing at the time, unless I don't see a sim in screenshot, I couldn't never tell the difference if I'm looking at a TS3 or TS4 house.

Just gotta look for those damn purple trees.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM
It's really interesting to see these comparison shots, you did a great job of recreating those houses!
Those sims 3 birch trees look really lovely, and the textures seem generally more detailed, whereas sims 4 looks more heavily optimised.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 6:46 AM
I've re-created the "Unabridged" house from Sunset Valley as it is very close to my heart and has been used more than any other lot in Sims 3. I did add an upstairs loft although the rest of the house is a pretty exact copy. You can't overhang pools in Sims 4 so the "bridge" effect can't be done unfortunately. And the big carpark area at the front is a bit redundant in Sims 4 Also had to put it on a 30x40 lot instead of 40x40.

It is my first ever upload so I hope anyone who would like this in their Sims 4 game finds it useful and I hope I haven't trodden on anyone's toes by making this!

Just search for my name or use #sunsetvalley.

n.b. For the person who can't tell Sims 3 and 4 apart... the Sims 3 versions are shown first!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Great idea BiscoMix. Keep going!

Will do, but I don't know if I'll do every single house. I'm also going to do some houses from EPs as well.

Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
They look nice.
I've done the same with two of the houses which I loved in Sims 2. Both are uploaded on the gallery as well. Same username as on here

Thank you. I'll check them out.

Quote: Originally posted by kkffoo
It's really interesting to see these comparison shots, you did a great job of recreating those houses!
Those sims 3 birch trees look really lovely, and the textures seem generally more detailed, whereas sims 4 looks more heavily optimised.

Thank you.

When re-creating these houses, I have both games running at the same time and they have heir own monitor (dual-monitor setup). I've noticed that The Sims 3 has higher quality/detailed textures, where the Sims 4 takes more advantage of bump maps (so they don't look flat).

Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
Wow, I'll say. Seeing the two houses side-by-side makes TS4's world look even more like Sims1-meets-Facebook, especially when contrasted with the lovely differences in terrain levels in the yard of that TS3 house. The only step up I can see is a literal one, and that's the curb, which makes the street view look better than TS2 or 3.

I would have to agree with this, although The Sims 4 art style is growing on me.

Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
I've re-created the "Unabridged" house from Sunset Valley as it is very close to my heart and has been used more than any other lot in Sims 3. I did add an upstairs loft although the rest of the house is a pretty exact copy. You can't overhang pools in Sims 4 so the "bridge" effect can't be done unfortunately. And the big carpark area at the front is a bit redundant in Sims 4 Also had to put it on a 30x40 lot instead of 40x40.

It is my first ever upload so I hope anyone who would like this in their Sims 4 game finds it useful and I hope I haven't trodden on anyone's toes by making this!

Just search for my name or use #sunsetvalley.

n.b. For the person who can't tell Sims 3 and 4 apart... the Sims 3 versions are shown first!

Looks great! I hope more people share their recreations in this topic.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 2:17 PM
Moving to TS4 Pictures.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.