Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 9:20 PM
i dont have photoshop...what should i use...or maybe i dont know where it is....

Guns N Roses
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#102 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 9:40 PM
rockworld, read, um, the last couple messages in this thread. There are alternative programs you can use.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 4:09 PM
I even copied Skinning FAQs to this forum just to make it easier. Sheesh.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#104 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 8:30 PM
haha sorry rather new to the sight and didnt have my contacts in...sorry

Guns N Roses
Test Subject
#105 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 8:48 PM
wooo! yay i found something else that works *like* photoshop but not as good...for some reason when we got our computer it came with HP Image Zone....it kinda works for colo

Guns N Roses
Test Subject
#106 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:47 AM
Wowie, your tutorials are so clear. I'm so excited now! This is all so easy!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own," Adam Savage
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:47 AM
Thanks so much for the tutorials. I haven't played the sims 2 for the PC yet sadly, b/c I mean I have it, but this computer is too slow, so I have to wait a few weeks or months for a new computer, then I'll be doig this stuff all the time, lol. But for right now, I also purchased the Xbox Sims 2 to tide me over.
Test Subject
#108 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 2:39 PM
thanx but i dont have photo shop can i download it ?
Test Subject
#109 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:53 PM
wow ur the best thanks alot for the great advice!!!!
Test Subject
#110 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:41 PM
Great Tutorial Faylen. I'd be able to use it if I didn't have the Hand-Eye coordination of a donkey. I can't keep a straight line with the Magic Wand/Lasso thing.
Test Subject
#111 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:38 PM
I still am a little confused but you helped clear some up.
Now are you able to help me with designing video game character clothes?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#112 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 8:24 AM
ProtossJudicator - basically, no. You can do all the tutorials here (there are 4) then you can look at the tutorials for other editors to see if you get some more ideas for techniques that might be slightly different. Then you need to apply your skills to your particular project, and maybe go do some photoshop tutorials on the web that teach general photoshop techniques. The more you know, and practice, and then ask for advice if you hit a particular thing you're having problems with, the better you'll do.

Tutorials teach a particular technique. We've got a lot covered on site to help get you going, but in the end, you need to take the ball and run with it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 3:17 AM
Thanks so much for these tutorials, Faylen. I have PSP and I was able to translate the directions from this to do my own selective recolor. I'm so happy.
Test Subject
#114 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:02 AM
THANKYOU! I have been looking everywhere for a tutorial! Thankyou!

If I had 3 wishes, I would want a 3 story home, $10,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,
and three more wishes.
Test Subject
#115 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:26 PM
Thanks so much for this!I followed the first tutorial and now this one and found no problems so far.Actually I never thought it could be so easy, I'm having loads of fun!Thanks again for precious help
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th May 2008 at 6:00 AM
I've tried doing this and it works well until i import it into the game and it becomes distorted and fuzzy. Help?

"Your cat was eaten... I'm very sorry"
"No she wasn't eaten"
"you're right just licked rather hard"
-Thank god Your Here
Test Subject
#117 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:01 AM
Thanks so much!!! I can do better now in my clothing retextures using online photoshop :D

Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot, Now you have a Cootie Shot!
Page 5 of 5