Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:26 PM Last edited by darkflwrs : 12th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM.
Default TS3 New Orleans World Help/Testers
Hey guys! I'm new to this group. I've been working on a world based on New Orleans, Louisiana, USA for about 6 years and am trying to get it finished and uploaded. I already have a post on creator feedback here . I will add my current screenshots, lot info, and CC/store content info here as well. I actually already got the world moderated once but was rejected. My feedback was some issues with my CC credits which I've already fixed, and mostly screenshot issues and some comments on my lots which I actually think was due to the issues I'm having with my screenshots. I'll go ahead and attach the most current world version here as well for testing.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:
Map Size: Large (2048x2048)
File Size: 88 MB
World Type: Downtown
Spawn Points: I have provided every type of spawner from all expansions minus anything from World Adventures, and the nanite spawners and utopia/dystopia spawners from Into The Future. The spawners are in the parks and open green areas around the city.
Total lots: 97
Residential lots: 46
Community lots: 51
EPs Required: All EPs (World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into The Future)
SPs Required: Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, & Fast Lane Stuff.
Game Version: 1.69.43.024017
Number of Layers: There are 7 layers in my world. (Trees, decorations, residential lots, community lots, rocks, spawners & effects.)
Number of Textures: 27 total textures, with 11 chunks having more than 8 textures.
Routing: Sims and camera can not go close to edges of map. The large forests and steep inclines on the outskirts of the main city area are unroutable.

Here is a map showing the different main areas of the city.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New Orleans.part1.rar (50.00 MB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  New Orleans.part2.rar (17.26 MB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:11 PM
This is such a gorgeous world, I've been looking forward to your releasing a beta version- can't wait to try it out!

I'll start downloading the CC for it today and hopefully give it a whirl this weekend.

One thing- I don't have the Katy Perry pack (it was no longer available by the time I got into TS3) and I think I'm missing at least one of those store premium packs- so I'll see if it replaces the objects when I load it up.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Norn : 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:35 AM. Reason: typos...
Hi, and welcome to M4B You have created a lovely world and from what I read you already got some good feedback.

If you are looking for testers for your world I advise you to update your thread in creator forums accordingly. M4B can help you with specific lot building questions. But we are a small group and you will get more testers for your world in the more frequented creator forums. In general, it will be easier to find testers if you provide them with the required cc (in private downloads, not sharing it publicly) so to make it as easy for them as possible. As you say, it's a lot and having to spend some hours to download and install cc just to help someone else out keeps many people from helping.

That said, while I won’t have time to fully test your world (that takes weeks, also I don't have all that store content) I can offer to have a look at your CAW files for the world and double check the routing or check for other potential issues. Also, if you have questions about particular builds in your world (how to improve them) please show detail pictures of the buildings.

Some general feedback about your post:

The link you provided for the thread in Creator Forums doesn’t work, the correct link would be http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612524. Also, the links to the CC here at MTS don't work either, they lack a colon in the URL (it's http://)

There are some pictures taken in build mode, you can see the grid. If you can't take pictures in life mode for some reason try to choose a terrain paint before taking the picture - this makes the grid vanish.

While some overview pictures are required, don't add too many of them. As already mentioned in the other thread, you are supposed to showcase 5 residental and 5 community lots, this will be done in the first comments of the download thread. So, pick those 2x5 lots and showcase them specifically as if they were separate downloads. You don't have to show all lots in the download thread, streetview pics of the lot front are required for those showcased lots but other than that, they are not the best way to show what is special about a specific house/place/spot.

Also, a good way to take pictures is to take them from a sims point of view. What would a sim see if they stood here? Try to find interesting angles and lovely spots and sights. Present the town, not single lots. You have those 2x5 lots to showcase sinlge lots. Play with times of day/seasons. Bring in details. Your town offers many nice views, it won't be difficult to show it off. I attached some screenshots to show what I mean by interesting angles (mind, I didn’t install any cc nor store content so it might look differently).

I love that you included some RL pictures that inspired you for the lots. Maybe you have even more?

For example picture 46: it would be a lovely picture if it wasn't for the lot grid and those streetlights. For taking pictures you might need to remove objects or lots from the world to allow for unhindered view.

For example the house in picture 38: there is a lot of nothing around the house. Maybe add a tree? Some terrain painting? Flowers? Is it a house suitable for kids, maybe a swing or something?

One thing I noticed which puzzles me: those train tracks that come from nowhere and lead nowhere, why? There is no station, no tunnel. Just some tracks and a train object. It looks very unconnected and random.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:46 AM
Not to embarrass Norn, but her world that is for download here, Northeney, is amazing. If I ever created a world, her download pictures would be the template I would use to present my world in the best possible light.

If you need a sims file share account invite, please ask. You can upload the world there, and even private gatherings of cc. You can then make the link available here and in Creative feedback, for the world. The link to your grouping of the cc, as Norn suggested, would need to be PM’d to people, just for testing, so as not to break anyone’s user terms. I think that is a great idea, and it would help recruit testers. Testing a world is a huge undertaking, and making it easier is a good plan.

Have you seen the advice in the upload guidelines, to submit a few lots on their own, before trying to get approval for a world? You may want to consider this. It is not easy to get a world approved at MTS. We have another member of this group, whose world I am testing, and she has uploaded 2 lots and has more planned before she submits her world.

I am very busy with work right now, plus this group is in the process of creating a world. Once things slow down a bit for me, I would be happy to help test. The private cc link would definitely help.

Let me know if you need the SFS invitation.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 7:19 AM
Ooh, yeah it would actually be really helpful if you can provide a download (privately of course, as mentioned) of the CC, I didn't have enough time today to start downloading it all. :-/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Ooh, yeah it would actually be really helpful if you can provide a download (privately of course, as mentioned) of the CC, I didn't have enough time today to start downloading it all. :-/

I would be happy to provide the cc! @attuned I would definitely like the link. I've never used that before though. I will update my creator feedback post to include this info once I get the link.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:10 PM
Hey @Norn thanks for your thoughtful feedback! I am gonna privately share the CC for testing, I already have all of it in folders because that's kind of how I was keeping track...well one of the ways. I've combed through the cc so many times getting rid of things until I had the bare minimum that would work for the world's aesthetic.

How could you look through the CAW files? I'd definitely like a second pair of eyes in case there are some issues.

I'm unsure of what you're saying about the links...I tried them and they worked. I literally just copied the address from the address bar on each page for the link so I didn't type it out and miss any info. They all work for me.

Thanks for this tip on getting rid of the grid, it definitely was better to take pics in build mode for some lots.

I added all these screenshots here because they were the best of what I'd taken. I don't necessarily plan on using all of them, but I wanted to provide them all here to get feedback on the best ones.

I'm going to go look and see if I can find some pictures of some of the houses I built for real life reference, because almost every house is based on a real house in New Orleans, and that was some meticulous work so showing the comparison would be cool I think.

So the train tracks...basically that area is copied directly from the French Quarter where it meets the Mississippi River and the train tracks go all along the river, but I can't do that in my world because part of the river is a large terrain object to make it look like the river keeps going. At this point I'm not going to change that area, I don't have enough land to work with to make a tunnel make sense in that area. I do understand your point, but I'm hoping people can be ok with that. Is there a station object? I know of the tunnels. I'll add some pics of that area so you can see what I'm talking about.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:56 PM
More screenshots with real life examples. These are the screenshots I already posted just with the real house for comparison. I wish I could rearrange uploaded pictures so they'd be in the right order.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 9:20 AM Last edited by Norn : 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:02 AM.
For sharing the CAW files you will need to include the following files from your CAW user folder (in your documents folder: ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds):
YourWorldName.world
YourWorldName.settings
plus the folder YourWorldName in the same directory, that includes the layers and lots folder.

When I (or anyone else) put those files in my own user data folder I can open the world in CAW.

As soon as you created your simfileshare account you can upload the CAW files there, too. Or you upload them here, whatever you prefer.

About the links: for the link to your other thread I get a "not allowed". Maybe that's your upload thread? The links for cc I meant were those specifically linking to downloads here at MTS, the DLs by HugeLunatic, Lisen801 and Alverdine. All other links work for me just fine. But maybe it's just me and my browser.

Thanks for adding more inspirational pictures which I will use for feedback on the house in Screenshot 45 Your house is lovely but there are things that could be improved to make it look more like the RL house. For example, there is a french balcony on the windows on second floor. The house is on a foundation which turns the entry into a small porch. The porch has a roof. I believe there are shutters in game, did you try to use them (I have to confess I never used them before so I'm not sure if they could work here). It's hard to see on the picture but it almost looks as if the RL house got a flat roof?

Hm, there is a decayed station CAW object but I don't think it would fit here. It would fit an abandoned station. You would have to build one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:56 PM
@norn Ok, yep you're right. I accidentally linked to my thread in CI which is only viewable by me or a moderator. Thanks! I'm fixing it now. I'll check those other links again. So, I'm not sure what is going on but I know that there are actually shutters on that house....I might have updated it after I took those screen shots...or they're not showing up which happened in a few houses I noticed. I had to be on that floor in build mode for them to show up. But they do exist. And I see there is a roof...not sure why I thought there wasn't one. Maybe the original picture I saw looked like there wasn't. Easy changes. I am uploading files to sfs now and will pm you a link for the caw files as soon as I get them up. seriously thanks for all this feedback. The thread in CF is like dead it seems. I don't know how to get people to test. I updated saying I'd give the cc on sfs.

Edit: all links should be working now.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:40 PM
Well, people are not queueing to test worlds, it really is a lot of work. It may take a few days/weeks to get enough testers. Maybe you need to change the text of the first post, give the same information you give here, also maybe change the title to only "Testers Wanted". You could also post again, mentioning that you updated the first post. Some people use the "recent posts" function when browsing the forums and wouldn't know otherwise.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:37 AM
I think you already have an invitation to SFS- is that correct? If not I can definitely PM one to you.
People to test worlds are hard to come by.

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I think you already have an invitation to SFS- is that correct? If not I can definitely PM one to you.
People to test worlds are hard to come by.

Yes, born gave me one. Thanks though!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:19 AM
Oh good, glad you have the SFS invitation.

You need to showcase 5 residential and 5 commercial lots. You may want to tackle one at a time. You may even want a separate thread for each, so as not to get too confusing.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:30 PM
Here are my results for looking at your world in CAW. Let me know if you have any questions!

And I agree with attuned, maybe work on some of the houses, especially those you want to showcase? Also could you please pm me the link to the cc. If I find the time I will look at your world again.
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
Okay, here's what I've got so far in terms of play testing notes as well as some comments: link

Sorry it's so long, lol, I put on my nitpicky glasses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Okay, here's what I've got so far in terms of play testing notes as well as some comments: link

Sorry it's so long, lol, I put on my nitpicky glasses.

Seriously...this is such great feedback. I've read it like 4 times and it's just so cool that you gave such detailed awesome feedback. You are helping SO MUCH! I am definitely going to use some of the tips you gave. I had considered using the rabbit hole rugs, but that was after I'd pretty much laid my lots. I got a bit sick of building but it's been a while so maybe I'll give it a shot. I could recreate some of the other buildings in NOLA. No idea if those rugs are a type of CC that I'd have to make people download or not? So to your comment on adding lots around the Windmill Creek Apartments (which by the way are real apartments I lived in in a similar area), the idea was that it went from the major downtown French Quarter to kind of a more suburban area. Maybe that transition is too abrupt but I tried to use the canal to help with that. Also I've used like...all lot types that I wanted in the world and I wouldn't want multiples of any. The only one I didn't add that I originally wanted to was a nectary, but I didn't because I tried to keep the lots under a certain amount and still have some empty lots for people to build their own stuff. I'll think on it and see what I can figure out. I have no clue about some of these lot issues you mentioned like the bathrooms at the festival grounds and the names being switched around...I renamed everything. I'm not sure how to fix that. I'm gonna go back in and take a look. As soon as a get a good update I will update the link to the world download so you can redownload and keep testing...if you are interested. I'm a bit inspired to go ahead and add one more lot and dedicate it to you. Maybe the Orose Nectary? :D
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflwrs
Seriously...this is such great feedback. I've read it like 4 times and it's just so cool that you gave such detailed awesome feedback. You are helping SO MUCH! I am definitely going to use some of the tips you gave. I had considered using the rabbit hole rugs, but that was after I'd pretty much laid my lots. I got a bit sick of building but it's been a while so maybe I'll give it a shot. I could recreate some of the other buildings in NOLA. No idea if those rugs are a type of CC that I'd have to make people download or not? So to your comment on adding lots around the Windmill Creek Apartments (which by the way are real apartments I lived in in a similar area), the idea was that it went from the major downtown French Quarter to kind of a more suburban area. Maybe that transition is too abrupt but I tried to use the canal to help with that. Also I've used like...all lot types that I wanted in the world and I wouldn't want multiples of any. The only one I didn't add that I originally wanted to was a nectary, but I didn't because I tried to keep the lots under a certain amount and still have some empty lots for people to build their own stuff. I'll think on it and see what I can figure out. I have no clue about some of these lot issues you mentioned like the bathrooms at the festival grounds and the names being switched around...I renamed everything. I'm not sure how to fix that. I'm gonna go back in and take a look. As soon as a get a good update I will update the link to the world download so you can redownload and keep testing...if you are interested. I'm a bit inspired to go ahead and add one more lot and dedicate it to you. Maybe the Orose Nectary? :D

Aww you're kind- I'm so glad it's helpful! I was really worried it was way too much lol. And yeah, I can totally get being burnt out on build mode- I go in weird fits and starts with it but other than quickbuild homes for my saves I can go months in between serious build sessions.
I think I get what you're saying about the suburban area- that makes a lot of sense especially within the context of the world, that the garden district and canal provide a bit of separation there.

I'm having a ton of fun playing the different homes, you have some really great details in them and I'm really loving that. And definitely agree on the amount of lots- usually when there are duplicates nobody is ever at any of them when you send a sim out on the town.

I'm really not sure what's up with the bathrooms on the festival lot either, I'm gonna try playing around with that one for a bit and see if I can get any ideas.

On the rabbithole names thing I did a bit of googling and it seems like you have to rename the rabbithole in live mode using debug enabler for it to stick, which obviously isn't very helpful unless you're releasing the world with a save file too. The other option would be either by cloning the current rabbitholes or using rabbithole rug files and then changing the name within the file for the rabbithole itself, and then release those tweaked rabbitholes with the world.

And yeah, I'd love to keep testing, let me know whenever you have the next iteration up! I'm cracking up at the nectary thing- that is both hilarious and awesome- I wish my legacy in real life had to do with a winery, haha.

Side note: My responses will probably be delayed a bit over the next few days. My gran is back in the hospital for the next few days (hopefully nothing too serious) and while I should be able to use my computer no problem, the hospital wifi sucks so if you don't hear from me for a bit just know that I'm still interested and I'm still gonna be playing (it's a good distraction during long nights at the hospital!)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:06 AM
@orose Sorry to hear about your gran. I will hold a good thought for her, and you and your family.

For the Festival Lot restrooms, they are grey or transparent in build/ buy because all build items are in common mode, and look that way in build/ buy, As to why they could not be accessed in live mode, is it because it was not during festival lot hours? I ran into this in another world. During festival hours, buildings are open. Outside of festival hours, NPCs disappear and buildings, including restrooms, are locked. The walls will not even lower.

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:26 AM
@orose, ok so I'm gonna go line by line and respond to your post on the things you found in my world and let you know what I can/have fixed or what issues I'm finding. I appreciate the solutions you gave in your post as there's some info I wouldn't have known and it's nice to have a bit of help figuring out solutions.

1. The stadium - so I couldn't figure out how to fix this. Everything seemed fine from EIG build mode on the lot so I just copied the lot from Starlight Shores as it is the same shell. I modeled my decor off of that one anyway so it's no big deal just to use that lot, hopefully there are no issues now.
2. The subway destinations are named by the place they are closest to, so this is the correct name as it is closest to Bridgeport Sports Zone.

Still not sure what to do about the rabbitholes renaming themselves. I don't want to include a save and I couldn't find any other info than what you said in your last post. I'm hoping someone can help with that or else they're just gonna stay like that.

3. NO clue what to do about these affects! These are items placed in the world in CAW and as far as I know that shouldn't cause them not to work. I did notice that in EIG all the objects but the fountain could be moved/deleted in world editor. I'm going to delete in CAW and replace. When I reupload the updated world you can let me know if that fixed it. Several of these things you mentioned didn't happen to me when I played the world...no idea if that's something to do with my making the world so all files are on my computer...IDK.

4. So as I just said above, these was not an issue for me in my world and I looked in EIG and nothing is grayed out.

5. Just replaced it as that's all I know to do. Well see. If it doesn't work I may just delete it.

6. Thanks! The cemetery was one of my favorite things to make. I wanted the tombs to be something sims could enter....I hope it functions well in game. I'm proud of how it looks

7. All dumpsters are replaced, hopefully this fixes the interactions. Thanks for the solution to that!

8. Thanks!

9. I went through all of the houses I built and fixed this. Should be good to go now.

10. You are correct, I rearranged. Floor is fixed now! CASTed the sink you mentioned as well...It came in the lot that way, weird.

11. No idea what this is about...I'm just going to bulldoze and put lot down again. Very weird.

12. Thanks so much! So those blue tiles are because the stained glass is an object placed over a window with moveobjects so I can't hide the tiles on the bottom. Small sacrifice I think cause it got the stained glass to look like it was in windows that were more similar to the windows in the real life cathedral. The difference in color is just the object being turned one way vs. the other.

13. So I have completely redone Jackson Square. I wasn't perfectly happy with it anyway and though now it's a bit geometric instead of perfectly round because I used actual floor tiles instead of paint, but I think it looks better. I'm much happier with the terrain paint I used. I went with a different grass because it's so manicured in that park. Here's some pics...forgive the quality. I did it quickly in build mode thus the grid in one of them. I used a horse statue like you recommended...I believe I had something different but I got rid of some stuff so it was replaced.

14. I added one of the bookshelves with skill books at the ends of each aisle. :D
15. fixed
16. fixed
17. Yeah...I'll try to research this but I know making your own dive lot can be a bit sketchy and I made these so...yeah.
18. I believe I fixed it...I found a lot without callbox so that should be the only one. The other high rise was premade, but edited by me so it already had callbox.
19. hopefully that will not be an issue after update.
20. okie dokie.
Other commentes - I responded to some of what you said. I'm not gonna put anymore swamp homes...people that really live in the swamp live in very remote conditions and this is a microcosm of that. The other bayou islands are not routable by design. Thanks for the comment on the promenade! That took some time and troubleshooting to get down! It's a direct copy of that area. I am leaning towards not using the rugs. I'm just not wanting to build that much more for this world. I love the screenshots you shared, especially the last one. Fall is such a beautiful time even in the sims!

Hope this answers some of your questions and comments. I wanted to put in as much detail and time as you did with your post. I'll have an updated world soon. Thanks again!
Screenshots
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
@orose Sorry to hear about your gran. I will hold a good thought for her, and you and your family.

For the Festival Lot restrooms, they are grey or transparent in build/ buy because all build items are in common mode, and look that way in build/ buy, As to why they could not be accessed in live mode, is it because it was not during festival lot hours? I ran into this in another world. During festival hours, buildings are open. Outside of festival hours, NPCs disappear and buildings, including restrooms, are locked. The walls will not even lower.

Thank you! Fingers crossed but so far so good

IIRC, they weren't open during festival hours or outside of them, but I'll load up the game tonight and double check that. It could've even been some sort of oddness with the game folder I was using, because I installed it in my building/testing folder and I have some building/unlock mods in that one.

Quote: Originally posted by darkflwrs
@orose, ok so I'm gonna go line by line and respond to your post on the things you found in my world and let you know what I can/have fixed or what issues I'm finding. I appreciate the solutions you gave in your post as there's some info I wouldn't have known and it's nice to have a bit of help figuring out solutions.

1. The stadium - so I couldn't figure out how to fix this. Everything seemed fine from EIG build mode on the lot so I just copied the lot from Starlight Shores as it is the same shell. I modeled my decor off of that one anyway so it's no big deal just to use that lot, hopefully there are no issues now.
2. The subway destinations are named by the place they are closest to, so this is the correct name as it is closest to Bridgeport Sports Zone.

Still not sure what to do about the rabbitholes renaming themselves. I don't want to include a save and I couldn't find any other info than what you said in your last post. I'm hoping someone can help with that or else they're just gonna stay like that.

3. NO clue what to do about these affects! These are items placed in the world in CAW and as far as I know that shouldn't cause them not to work. I did notice that in EIG all the objects but the fountain could be moved/deleted in world editor. I'm going to delete in CAW and replace. When I reupload the updated world you can let me know if that fixed it. Several of these things you mentioned didn't happen to me when I played the world...no idea if that's something to do with my making the world so all files are on my computer...IDK.

4. So as I just said above, these was not an issue for me in my world and I looked in EIG and nothing is grayed out.

5. Just replaced it as that's all I know to do. Well see. If it doesn't work I may just delete it.

6. Thanks! The cemetery was one of my favorite things to make. I wanted the tombs to be something sims could enter....I hope it functions well in game. I'm proud of how it looks

7. All dumpsters are replaced, hopefully this fixes the interactions. Thanks for the solution to that!

8. Thanks!

9. I went through all of the houses I built and fixed this. Should be good to go now.

10. You are correct, I rearranged. Floor is fixed now! CASTed the sink you mentioned as well...It came in the lot that way, weird.

11. No idea what this is about...I'm just going to bulldoze and put lot down again. Very weird.

12. Thanks so much! So those blue tiles are because the stained glass is an object placed over a window with moveobjects so I can't hide the tiles on the bottom. Small sacrifice I think cause it got the stained glass to look like it was in windows that were more similar to the windows in the real life cathedral. The difference in color is just the object being turned one way vs. the other.

13. So I have completely redone Jackson Square. I wasn't perfectly happy with it anyway and though now it's a bit geometric instead of perfectly round because I used actual floor tiles instead of paint, but I think it looks better. I'm much happier with the terrain paint I used. I went with a different grass because it's so manicured in that park. Here's some pics...forgive the quality. I did it quickly in build mode thus the grid in one of them. I used a horse statue like you recommended...I believe I had something different but I got rid of some stuff so it was replaced.

14. I added one of the bookshelves with skill books at the ends of each aisle. :D
15. fixed
16. fixed
17. Yeah...I'll try to research this but I know making your own dive lot can be a bit sketchy and I made these so...yeah.
18. I believe I fixed it...I found a lot without callbox so that should be the only one. The other high rise was premade, but edited by me so it already had callbox.
19. hopefully that will not be an issue after update.
20. okie dokie.
Other commentes - I responded to some of what you said. I'm not gonna put anymore swamp homes...people that really live in the swamp live in very remote conditions and this is a microcosm of that. The other bayou islands are not routable by design. Thanks for the comment on the promenade! That took some time and troubleshooting to get down! It's a direct copy of that area. I am leaning towards not using the rugs. I'm just not wanting to build that much more for this world. I love the screenshots you shared, especially the last one. Fall is such a beautiful time even in the sims!

Hope this answers some of your questions and comments. I wanted to put in as much detail and time as you did with your post. I'll have an updated world soon. Thanks again!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the next version. I should have some notes ready on play-testing the houses soon too.

2. About the rabbitholes renaming themselves, I think it'll probably be okay, it's not a dealbreaker and it's almost more trouble than it's worth trying to go in and mess with a bunch of rabbithole replacements. I wouldn't stress too much about it

3. I'll see if the fountains are still doing it when I look at the new version. I think sometimes re-placing an object is enough to get it going because I've seen some weird stuff happen before between CAW, EIG, and live mode.

6. Yes, the cemetery functions really well in game, I didn't get to enter all the tombs but I entered quite a few of them and they worked nicely. It's a really neat touch that makes it uniquely NOLA.

12. Figured it was a MOO thing, and honestly it's too gorgeous to worry about a little strip of tile, lol.

13. I really like what you did with Jackson Square, that looks fantastic! It's a lot more defined and looks a lot better.

17. I wouldn't stress over it, like I said dive lots are always a bit weird- I've reset to the shore playing other dive lots too so I'm more inclined to believe it's a general issue with how EA coded them that they never quite worked out. I googled it and there's some info in these two links that might help. As I found out it's a pretty common issue:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=16678.0
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/...water-cave.html

No worries on the other stuff- like I said, just random thoughts, and a lot of it stream of consciousness at that, haha I think as long as the rabbitholes you have are working, don't worry too much about trying to force yourself to build a bunch more lots. And yeah, I think in the sims early to mid fall is probably my favorite season, especially since I unfortunately now live someplace where the trees are never ever gonna change colors like that, lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM Last edited by darkflwrs : 9th Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM.
So the update is here now. The original post has the new downloads.

Edit: My own play testing showed the bathroom and tanning booth on festival lot both work. I can get to Flying V's with not error. Hopefully it works for everyone.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM
Did you work on the routing in this version already?
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:28 PM
It’s true, the routing is really important, I can tell you, having tested many worlds, that the most beautiful of worlds, that has routing issues, soon becomes a lag nightmare, and is then abandoned by players, Worlds take too much blood, sweat and tears by the creator, to be given up for routing issues.

Love the new Jackson Square!

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Did you work on the routing in this version already?
I rebuilt routing data after fixing lot issues...thats all. Wasn't sure of anything else I could do. I also gave new global layer via the tutorial. Did you see an issue?

Page 1 of 3