Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 4:49 AM Last edited by JonoPhoenix : 19th Apr 2013 at 6:32 PM. Reason: Solved
Buildings Distorted [Solved]
I'm new to CAW. I'm trying to edit the Sims University.world to include more buildings, such as SimGuruBritt's dormitory, the Ice Lounge, Serenity Retreat, and a bunch of others that I have downloaded from the community.

I have no problems importing the world, and I am able to edit in-game. However, in order to accommodate the new buildings, I had to move some residential buildings to other lots. The problem I am having is that any building I place in the world or move around looks distorted when I zoom out even a little bit. By that I mean it looks like the roof no longer renders. The building will look fine when I zoom back again, it will render properly, but all the buildings look terrible in map view, both in CAW and in the real game (it exported and installed fine). In addition, an empty lot that had previously contained a house still partially renders the walls in map view. It's so puzzling...

I am using some CC from the EA store, mostly hairs and clothes, as well as the standard NRAAS mods.

Is there something obvious I am missing?
I'll try and take a few screenshots tomorrow to illustrate what I mean.

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:38 AM
I did some digging on the forum and came across this thread:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

Apparently the issue is simply the buildings are using the low res textures, and all I need to do is to move some objects around, like a tree or couch, and the correct textures will recalculate.

Thanks Simsample!

Quote: Originally posted by JonoPhoenix
I'm new to CAW. I'm trying to edit the Sims University.world to include more buildings, such as SimGuruBritt's dormitory, the Ice Lounge, Serenity Retreat, and a bunch of others that I have downloaded from the community.

I have no problems importing the world, and I am able to edit in-game. However, in order to accommodate the new buildings, I had to move some residential buildings to other lots. The problem I am having is that any building I place in the world or move around looks distorted when I zoom out even a little bit. By that I mean it looks like the roof no longer renders. The building will look fine when I zoom back again, it will render properly, but all the buildings look terrible in map view, both in CAW and in the real game (it exported and installed fine). In addition, an empty lot that had previously contained a house still partially renders the walls in map view. It's so puzzling...

I am using some CC from the EA store, mostly hairs and clothes, as well as the standard NRAAS mods.

Is there something obvious I am missing?
I'll try and take a few screenshots tomorrow to illustrate what I mean.

Thanks
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 12:35 AM
That is the method I've used also, and it always worked just fine until I did Aurora Skies. Luckily, Qahne had a solution here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=499149
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yeah, Simsample's method only worked while I was editing in game. When I went back to CAW the low res textures came back. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give your method a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 4:16 PM
It worked! Thanks very much Now if only I could figure out how to export my world with EA store cc installed...