Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:36 PM Last edited by chi168 : 5th May 2017 at 3:58 PM. Reason: Fixed
Default Problematic ports
I am building a new world and as usual I'm obsessing about having all the aspects from all the expansions. Since i have messed with the height of the map, i cannot place a port because it tells me it is the wrong height over the water, what should I do?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:50 PM
How far along are you? Can you change the water level back to the default? Or is all so far off you are not even close? I have only done a change in one world and I just adjusted the water level a bit in that one. Maybe your water level can go up or down depending on what is needed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:55 PM
im afraid im way too far for that and might ruin something...
dodgy builder
#4 Old 5th May 2017 at 2:53 PM
Ports is one of those things you should have planned already from the beginning I'm afraid You could try lowering the sea level with the brushes around the port, but it also needs good space.

Another option of course is to save a new version from now and try fixing it ...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:05 PM
isn't there a way to make the.. um... foundation higher up? i have lots and space to make them bigger if i need to, it's just the height that seem to mess it up...
dodgy builder
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chi168
isn't there a way to make the.. um... foundation higher up? i have lots and space to make them bigger if i need to, it's just the height that seem to mess it up...

I think there is a rule for how high it should be from the waterlevel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:23 PM
Okay so I'm gonna try to save a port lot from the game and try to place it in my world in CAW... Maybe that will work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:58 PM
thank for your suggestions, I have it fxed by using the ports from Isla Paradiso.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:42 PM
thank for your suggestions, I have it fxed by using the ports from Isla Paradiso.

Have you tested it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:50 PM
tested in caw but not with a sim.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:57 PM
tested in caw but not with a sim.

I wouldn't consider the issue solved before it's been tested in games.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:41 PM
I see your point... But then again the rest of my world isn't tested yet neither... Is there a good post somewhere about testing my world?
Explanation: I would be running around aimlessly without a guide....
dodgy builder
#13 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 6th May 2017 at 1:23 PM.
I was going to link to a very useful list of links we have on this forum, but it turns out both those links are gone. You have to make a 24 bit png file for your description otherwise you can't export.

The list goes like this:
1. right click on the name of your world in the layers panel. The main name of your save. Choose to add a description.
2. give your world a description and upload an image and click ok. It has to be a 24 bit image.
3. click on file and choose the world you want to export.
4. go to the export folder in your sims 3 game, beside the mods folder.
5. Install like any CC file in sims3pack format. You just install it from there, the game will put it in installed worlds folder.
6. go into the game and start your world like a any new game.

Do you have Photoshop, or would you like to use some free program for your picture file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:04 PM
I dont have photoshop and I'm pretty bad with photo editing in general. So, if I understand right, I export, go into normal sims, test it out, and then go back and fix the errors in caw based on notes or something?
dodgy builder
#15 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:10 PM
Yes, you can make as many exports as you like, but somewhere along the line the game might complain because the file is already installed. Then you have to give the world a new identity. You dont have to worry about that now.

Just finish what you're doing, so you don't have to test for a while.

I found this information on the net somewhere:

Quote:
It's just a weird naming thing. Photoshop lists the bit depth as Bits/Channel. The government is asking for 24 bits total (not per channel). There are 3 channels in an RGB image. So a JPG (which by definition is an RGB image with 8bits/channel) will actually be a 24 bit image. No conversion necissary. Leave it as 8bit/channel in photoshop or lightroom and you're fine. -- ~K

If you use free programs like Paint or Gimp, just pay attention when making your file. It has to be an 8 bit image. I found a Gimp download for you here: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

If you google for 8 bit images with Gimp you might have a better luck. I know Photoshop make 8bit on my comp anyway as a rule. I just guess I have to keep it 256x256. Perhaps someone else can help with the image size? I'm doing it myself as well now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:15 PM
Since im only doing like a alfa testing i guess it doesnt have to be anything special time for some port testing!
dodgy builder
#17 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:20 PM
Since im only doing like a alfa testing i guess it doesnt have to be anything special time for some port testing!

I just tested it now. It works fine like I said, but the finished file is to be found in your export folder in the regular ts3 documents folder, beside the mods folder. I can make you a pic now if you like. What do you want to call it?

I made you a pic incase you can't make it work. Just click on the picture and choose download.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:28 PM
oh god a name? hehe, um "Litten Island" perhaps.
Thank you so much for helping me out
dodgy builder
#19 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:30 PM
oh god a name? hehe, um "Litten Island" perhaps.
Thank you so much for helping me out

My pleasure, you can help someone else later some time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:55 PM
Update! I placed a boat! Yay! haha
I will try to figure out what else needs to be tested next. Also I have some communitylots to build and that kind of thing.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:34 PM
Don't forget to add steps to the dock. Been there, done that, a few times! LOL