Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 4:12 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 15th Sep 2012 at 6:52 PM.
Default How To Show EPs/SPs in Object Workshop with Collection Packs Then Make Them Base Game Compatible Again
I thought some of you would find this information useful. This is an easy to follow mini tutorial.

Many of us now have collection packs such as University Life Collection, Fun With Pets Collection, or Best of Business Collection. With these collection packs, they do not show up in Object Workshop using standard SimPE functions. There is a way to work around this, and to also make them base game compatible after you have done this. I will show you how.

First open SimPE and navigate to Extra/Preferences at the top of SimPE.

When You see the System Folders, you can go to the edge of the EP or SP with the blank space and browse to your game location. If you have purchased your games on disc, you use Program Files (Program Files x86 on windows 7)/EA Games/The Sims 2 Fun With Pets Collection/EP4 (or whichever EP/SP you want) if you purchased your games through Origin, you use Program Files (x86 on Windows 7)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Fun With Pets Collection/EP 4.

Here are the numbers for the rest of the EPs/SPs - EP1: University (University Life Collection), EP3: Open for Business (Best of Business Collection), SP1: Family Fun (Fun With Pets Collection) SP5: H&M Fashion (Best of Business Collection), SP6: Teen Style (University Life Collection) SP7: Kitchen and Bath (Best of Business Collection), SP8: Ikea Home (University Life Collection) SP9: Mansion and Garden (Fun With Pets Collection)

When Done Click Okay twice

Restart SimPE and Object Workshop

Pets Objects Should Now Appear

If they still don't appear for you, go to Extra/Preferences/File Table. Click the "reset" text button near advanced settings. Wait for the filetable to reload, then uncheck all of the boxes except for base, CEP, and graphics, and click reload. Restart SimPE. Alternately, you can go to Extra/Preferences/File Table, and check then uncheck one of the boxes there and wait for the filetable to reload then restart simPE.

To make the objects base game compatible again, simply go to Extra/Preferences, and erase what you browsed for in the system folders and click okay. You can go back to the filetable, and uncheck then check one of the boxes for the filetable to regenerate. This has been tested, and does work for me to make them base game compatible again. Restart SimPE if you want to start cloning something right away. Remember, that all of the boxes in the filetable except for base, CEP, and graphics must also be unchecked for your objects to be base game compatible.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 5:03 PM
The last two paragraphs are a bit confusing and maybe not all correct. There is no reason to remove the system folders when you want to create a base game object. Generally you set the game folders just once, and if you remove it all you'll just have to reinput that information again. Unless of course you've tested and the only way to get an actual base game item is to remove the file paths? If so, please do say so. Because using non-collection games never requires you to remove the file paths, only uncheck boxes. If you haven't tested leaving all file paths in and unchecking boxes, please do so before telling people that the info must be removed. Since I don't have the games as collections, I can't confirm that you actually have to remove file path. Since each EP is in a subfolder, I suspect that you don't have to remove the file paths.

Moved thread to Sims 2 Tools, as this is not modding discussion, but a tip on setting up SimPE.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 15th Sep 2012 at 6:56 PM.
Well, it was tested by someone else since all of my games are downloaded on Origin and can't use the any game starter. I cloned a base game object after I had made something using another EP in the system folders, then removed the EP from the system folders. The person who tested it for me said it worked for them after I had done this (erased the EP from the system folders). They said the item I cloned did not show up for them, but did not make the game crash when it was cloned with the EP there in system folders.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:40 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 11th Sep 2012 at 5:51 AM.
Yes, it didn't show up when the EP was in the system folders. When the EP was erased from the system folders, it was base game compatible. As I gave instructions on how to make it base game compatible.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 10:33 PM
This doesn't make sence, that filetable is there to clone a object wether its from a EP or basegame.
Unticking or ticking the options will not have effect watsoever to make a EP item basegame compatible or not.(IMO)
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 1:48 AM
Yes, you have to uncheck the boxes in the filetable to make your objects base game compatible. It's not a new idea, people have been using this method for years.
Theorist
#8 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
Yes, you have to uncheck the boxes in the filetable to make your objects base game compatible. It's not a new idea, people have been using this method for years.
To clarify, at the time you're cloning the object what expansion packs are checked off under the file tab matters i.e. having something other than the base game checked off will likely mean your object needs that pack in order to work. For an existing object, unchecking the boxes won't have any impact and is not one of the steps involved in making an existing object base game compatible.