Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:27 AM
Sims 1 Mods Corrupting Game (PLEASE HELP)
Hello. I have recently used Sim File Maid to install some mods to my Sims 1 Complete Edition (Base Game + All Expansions), but when I opened my game the textures were corrupted (Text was displayed incorrectly, most images were not shown, etc.) The game even crashes sometimes. I have tried reinstalling the game but that did not help. Does anyone know how to fix/ uninstall mods?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:01 PM
Which mods did you try to install? Sims mods usually don't do this (and do you actually mean game-changing mods/hacks or custom content?). Sim File Maid may not be the best program to install mods with, since a lot have to go to specific locations and I have no idea if that program is smart enough to do that, I think it's mainly useful for placing skins/walls/floors/objects in the right folders.
Also, did you mean you reinstalled the game and then opened the game and it still looked that weird or did you try to install those mods again?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
Which mods did you try to install? Sims mods usually don't do this (and do you actually mean game-changing mods/hacks or custom content?). Sim File Maid may not be the best program to install mods with, since a lot have to go to specific locations and I have no idea if that program is smart enough to do that, I think it's mainly useful for placing skins/walls/floors/objects in the right folders.
Also, did you mean you reinstalled the game and then opened the game and it still looked that weird or did you try to install those mods again?

I think I tried to install some custom furniture, and no, I did not reinstall those mods. I reinstalled the game and the game still looked weird
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:57 PM
How did custom furniture mess up your game so much? The sims is overall a pretty stable game, especially the final versions. I'm sorry to say I'm not an expert in fixing The Sims, but this is what I can think of right now:
  • I take it the game worked fine before you installed the furniture?
  • When you uninstalled the game, did you use the SimEraser or something to delete the register keys before reinstalling?
  • Which Operating System are you using? (I confess I'm curious if you managed to make it work on Windows 10 )
  • Where did you furniture set come from and which set is it? Asking to know if it's something I've already installed safely before.
And someone more knowledgeable, please help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:27 PM
did you use the SimEraser or something to delete the register keys before reinstalling?

And also, did you manually remove any remaining files in [install location]\Maxis\The Sims? If you installed to Program Files or Program Files(x86) you may also need to clear your virtual store.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 2:06 PM
How did custom furniture mess up your game so much? The sims is overall a pretty stable game, especially the final versions. I'm sorry to say I'm not an expert in fixing The Sims, but this is what I can think of right now:
  • I take it the game worked fine before you installed the furniture?
  • When you uninstalled the game, did you use the SimEraser or something to delete the register keys before reinstalling?
  • Which Operating System are you using? (I confess I'm curious if you managed to make it work on Windows 10 )
  • Where did you furniture set come from and which set is it? Asking to know if it's something I've already installed safely before.
And someone more knowledgeable, please help!

Yes, the game worked well before I installed the CC. And No. I did not know about Sim Eraser and will try to do that once I am done with this reply. I am using Windows 10, and I got the furniture from The Sims Resource. Thanks for the tips
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beepbeeplettuce349
Yes, the game worked well before I installed the CC. And No. I did not know about Sim Eraser and will try to do that once I am done with this reply. I am using Windows 10, and I got the furniture from The Sims Resource. Thanks for the tips

Ok. So I tried to install Sim Eraser, but the link was shut down. Does anyone know how to get it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 4:44 PM
OK, so I u sed the Sim Eraser and the game started working properly again. Thanks! :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:47 PM
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:58 AM
Yay!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
http://simfileshare.net/download/637174/

this link only has a download for a text file that opens in notepad
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
this link only has a download for a text file that opens in notepad

Nope, it's a 7zip archive file, and contains the setup file for SimEraser. Go get 7zip , it has superior compression to rar or zip files.
(Click on the link that appears when I write 7zip in this post)