Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 2:47 AM
Default The Urbz 2 Project Logo

A logo i quickly cooked up in Paint.net using The Sims font.
Looks pretty good imo.

Size would make a pretty good load screen too. Just remove the coming fall 2014 and site links and add: LOADING

Also, here are some possible FAQS:

Q. Why 2014?
A. The urbz 10th anniversary (YES, its that close! GOD WERE OLD!), is 2014.

Q. What will the mod run on?
A. The project will be for The Sims 2. A Total conversion with a fully playable neighborhood with all Urbz districts, load screens, New CAS Screen, and every URB from both console and handheld versions. If it is successful, we will also make a The Sims 3 Adaption using late Night and Showtime.
(Since LN adds cities and urban themes, while Showtime restores fame and fortune)

Q. Requirements?
A. The Sims 2, and certain expansion packs. (TBA)

Q. Can i join?
A. Yes. But you must be able to sync data with us, so you need to have the same expansions. If you dont, we can always give you something else to do!

Q. Will the mod include music from Urbz?
A. No. This is due to the music being copyrighted and still sold on Itunes and Emusic by EA and is strictly forbidden on MTS.

Q. If its successful, will you make a The Sims Bustin Out PC mod for The Sims 2/3?
A. This would be fun. Depends on how far this even goes.

Q. Projected release?
A. Due to the complexity of making sure the hood dont cause conflicts and corruption, and the nature of the work, it will be expected no sooner then Fall 2014.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:18 AM
Love it, love love it. But I can have the music in my game Gotta love downloading it. Woot woot, lol.

Bustin' Out, now that would be interesting to make. Especially, Dudley, which of course is in the Urbz...As String Bean :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:51 AM
I wonder what Urbz would look like with Sims 3 graphics

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:28 AM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

Like that :P

Man, I hope EA make this into a new Urbz game

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:20 PM
Okay that is badass residenteviloutbreak, did you do that? o.o

And I think I am going to write EA to make Urbz 2 that would fricking awesome if they said yes!

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:25 AM
Holy Fuck Yes
I so want urbz 2 , i don't see why they cant. If they used today's fashion , cultures , it would be a perfect game. Add more districts, more in depth game-play, totally different graphics from the sims 3 , there is endless ideas for the urbz 2, i have sooo many ideas too, and I am glad i am not the only one that wants a sequel to urbz. We should get the attention for this game. . or some body win the lottery haha
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:57 PM
Default So?
So when is it going to be released it is 2014? Im counting down the days till I have this again! I have the game sealed for XBOX and a PS2 one on a HDD. Its on a HDD cause I would never want to break the game. So when is it released?!?!?!?!?