Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#76 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:07 PM
What kind of war is this? I go to the legion camp, half the soldiers are in their tents sleeping and the commander is standing over a map like he's hitler in Project Valkyrie. Go to the stormcloaks, even more guys are sleeping and lounging in tents than the imperials, the commander is probably drunk. Yeah, don't overexert yourselves.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:39 PM
Yeeeeeah, they're lazy, except when you go to make your strategic strikes. @Shoosh Malooka
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 9:37 PM
Yeah, the civil war doesn't really look like a war. I try to remain neutral for as long as possible. At least until I decide to take a side. I sided with the Stormcloaks earlier. Now I'm trying to finish the one and only house I (currently) have (the one in Falkreath) and also get to level 50 to get the achievement. I'm already at level 49. I just want the dragon armor and weapons, which start appearing around level 50. I don't have the necessary skill level to make them myself. I should probably go to a trainer and train up.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:42 AM
My smithing is sitting at 70 right now. Only 30 away from being able to make the Dragon Armor and such. Building the house really helped with that.
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:30 AM
Let me know how that creation kit works hey? I would certainly give it a go with you.

I'm lazy when it comes to building the houses. I just find a list online and go down. I really can't start, stop, go get more things to build it, start. I want it all done in one go. I usually just grab Breezehome, barely furnish it, and use it as a massive storage warehouse.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
Let me know how that creation kit works hey? I would certainly give it a go with you.

I'm lazy when it comes to building the houses. I just find a list online and go down. I really can't start, stop, go get more things to build it, start. I want it all done in one go. I usually just grab Breezehome, barely furnish it, and use it as a massive storage warehouse.

I may or may not have used a few commands to spawn what I needed for the building of my Falkreath house... *shifty eyes*
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:58 AM
@pirate_wolf_12
My fave is Dragonborn Castle. Not sure if I found it on Steam or Nexus, but it is awesome However, it is a long way to run through it and into the keep to drop off stuff from inventory. I also like the cute little cottage type ones people have made with lots of plants and character, those are the most visually pleasing to me. Out of curiosity when you say Barbie dream mansion are you really putting Barbie-like mansions in your game or are you just conveying size? If its the first case I would find it very amusing to have a hot-pink mansion in the game, lol.

@Nidelia
Not really my favorite or who I would pick, but I have grown an emotional attachment to Lydia, she always ends up being my wifey. Serana always ends up being my follower. If I wasn't already attached to her I would probably pick whoever had the most of what my character lacks. For example, if I were playing a magical type I would try to pair it with a combat type, thats if I were playing logically, lol. When it came to smithing, the 1st time I played I raised my smithing progressively throughout the game and the 2nd time I played I tried getting it out of the way in the beginning. I wish I had done it progressively again though, the game didn't feel challenging at all once I made my Dragonbone Warhammer and got it up to 309 in Damage and my Dragonbone Bow to 272 in damage, and also have 2 enchantments on every piece of armor/weapon I have. Miraak was a joke against those, lol. It only took a couple hits on him before Hermaeus Mora killed him off. Right now I'm at lvl 58 and am 100 or above in enchanting, smithing, heavy armor, two-handed, archery, light armor, sneak, lockpicking, and speech. Now I'm starting on getting all the others up more. It's kinda hard now though since I don't lvl up as frequently and used most of my lvl-ups for health and stamina, so now my magicka runs out too quick.

@Shoosh Malooka
I was a little disappointed that it doesn't always seem like there's a war going on, I think it would enhance gameplay to have more active combat between the two sides throughout the game, vs. just having more major combat when you've picked a side.

@Graveyard Snowflake
I also try to remain neutral as long as I can, it get's rather annoying having everyone from the opposing side attack your character when you're off getting other things done. Perhaps that's why there's not much combat before you do the quest....? Idk...
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:08 AM
@Steph Haha, yeah, only reason the smithing went up so high was from my building my house. Though I do have some nice Dwarven Armor and weapons. As for my companion who follows me around, I'm rather fond of Uthgerd. She makes a good tank! XD Especially since I SUCK at hand to hand combat lol.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nidelia
@Steph Haha, yeah, only reason the smithing went up so high was from my building my house. Though I do have some nice Dwarven Armor and weapons. As for my companion who follows me around, I'm rather fond of Uthgerd. She makes a good tank! XD Especially since I SUCK at hand to hand combat lol.

Its the opposite for me. I'm less skilled at using my magic. I always get screwed up on which ability is in which hand, lol. Can't go wrong with a two-handed weapon. No matter what you do, it's gunna have an effect on the enemy, unlike casting healing on the enemy!!

"I went outside once. The graphics were amazing, but the storyline was awful."
Scholar
#85 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:04 AM
Barbie dream house as in it makes no sense architecturally and it's missing an entire wall.

I use Hill house from Nexus. The house is geared to evil vampire characters, and mine is neither, but it's a really well made house and you can change some design features so it doesn't look like Patrick Bateman lives there. It's big, but not gigantic. A nice, lonesome mansion located in the swamps, just under the palace so it's safe=-ish from random creatures.

I wanna try creating a farm house in the middle of the Whiterun fields. Something easy to start off with.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:48 PM
*scurries off to get all th housework done so when Eve naps I can do the Skyrim-ing*

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Scholar
Original Poster
#87 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:08 PM
Yeah, magic isn't really my thing. Sure, I have a healing spell in one hand and an axe in the other, but I'm not entirely dependent on it.

And one of my cats is sick, so I have to keep an eye on him until my mom gets back home. She wants to take him to the vet when she gets back. And that means I can't return to Skyrim until she take the sick cat to the vet.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
Yeah, magic isn't really my thing. Sure, I have a healing spell in one hand and an axe in the other,

Heheheh, you made me think of my favorite Skyrim fan made song with those words! Skyrim Epic Rap Dan Bull
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:13 PM
That was amazing.

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:48 PM
Right?! I love it! <3
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:16 PM
Heheheh, you made me think of my favorite Skyrim fan made song with those words! Skyrim Epic Rap Dan Bull

Lol, that was good. You made me think of this one, How Skyrim Should Have Ended

"I went outside once. The graphics were amazing, but the storyline was awful."
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 7:12 PM
Hahaha, that was awesome! XD I'd never seen that one! Another favorite of mine, was a redo of the "Dragonborn Comes" song, someone actually added lyrics and it sounds AMAZING!! The Dragonborn Comes
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:09 PM
Huh? Are we discussing music now?

Well, I did reach level 50 and got the achievement, so I started a new game, this time with a male Nord. I'm hoping to get the "Oblivion Walker"achievement. And maybe another one as well.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:34 PM
Huh? Are we discussing music now?

Specifically Skyrim music. :3
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 7:41 PM
Specifically Skyrim music. :3

Ah, I see. My personal favourites are Around the Fire, A Winter's Tale, and Sovngarde.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 2:55 AM
Sovngarde is amazing. <3 ^.^
Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:37 PM
Sovngarde is amazing. <3 ^.^

If you didn't realize it, it's the song you hear when you enter Sovngarde to defeat Alduin and apparently, it's a twist of the theme song Dragonborn.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:55 PM
If you didn't realize it, it's the song you hear when you enter Sovngarde to defeat Alduin and apparently, it's a twist of the theme song Dragonborn.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I look forward to hearing it. ^.^
Inventor
#99 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 8:37 PM
It's 3,74€ on Steam ATM. About the same price as two cappuccinos. Or one in an in-place.

Oh well ...
Forum Resident
#100 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:56 PM
I guess you guys haven't heard the can of worms Valve has opened. Paid mods on the Skyrim workshop. Not only has this devolved the workshop into Horsearmor BS, but Valve takes 30% and Bethesda takes 45%, leaving only 25% for the modders themselves. And they only get paid once they reach a $100 threshold... My previous camming job was less abusive than this BS. At least there the threshold was $50 and I got a significantly larger cut...

People are stealing others' work left and right, Valve are being morons and sitting on their asses, and there are petitions everywhere.

I think if a modmaker makes something huge than yes, it should be able to be monitized, but this is BS and is blowing up a fanbase heavily dedicated to modding.

Page 4 of 7