Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:59 AM
I have downloaded very many goods in this site . I love this site , so I support to donate, Let the website continue to do
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:03 AM
Donated my 10$ !!! <333 Thank you SO much for trying your best guys, and though I get frustrated at the wait times I totally understand that you're struggling to get things done. Keep up the awesome work Delphy and Staff.

Love,
Ash
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:26 AM
Donated $10, and really hoping we reach the target so it's less stressful for you Delphy <3

For Bella, and anyone else struggling with paypal accounts, you don't need an account to donate. Follow the 'Donate' link provided on the first post of this thread, and after you've specified your amount and it asks you to sign in, if you go down to the bottom of the page there's a small link to donate without an account.

That's how I did mine, and all is well.

xx
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#79 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:29 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 27th Jul 2007 at 7:38 AM.
Regarding Donations (error:operator asked)

Buying something from Amazon donates a very small percentage of your purchase to the site. So if you are buying from Amazon, buy with our link. MTS2 will get a small payment in the future from Amazon, and every bit helps.

If you donate a small amount using paypal, all the $$ (minus a processing fee) goes to the site. It's also the only thing we can track in an immediate way - so the actual meter tracks paypal.

This drive is only to cover the costs of the new extra server - we are making monthly payments also for the half dozen base servers that make the site work. That money is from ongoing donations, Amazon purchases, ads, etc.

So yes, every bit helps, do what you can, and please use the mts2 link to get to Amazon if you plan to buy from Amazon. It will cost you nothing extra, and something will go towards the site. We have many members, if 500 of them make purchases that cause a $1 payment to mts2, that's still $500 towards expenses. Little bits do add up!

As for Sims 3
Plans at this time are that MTS2 is going to stay mts2. If some configuration of members coordinate to create a *3*, that will be nice, but Delphy is not planning on owning/running that site. If enough income and membership persists and people are decent, then I expect this site as mts2 will stay online for some time past the release of 3. Sometimes running the site has caused us to pull hair, and we'd like to keep some for our old age

Download Status
The servers were acting more badly than usual, Delphy prodded them into behaving again, so hopefully you'll be seeing slightly better behavior from freya and chii. Persnickety things that they are.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:30 AM
Just sent in my first donation! It's not a lot, but being 15 without a PT job I don't have much to give. haha. ^^;

This is such a great site, I don't know what I'd do without it. :] (Well, I'd have ugly sims and a faster game, lol. xD) So I hope everything resolves itself. And TS3, ugh, don't even mention that! I don't think my poor little laptop will be to handle it when it comes out. xD

(btw, I really like the server's names. Chobits FTW! =DDD)
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:31 AM
Well I PMed Delphy about a rather large donation... Got turned down though. Oh well.

Best of luck to you!
Andee.
Test Subject
#82 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:38 AM
Thank you ModtheSims2
I honestly do not know how anyone dares complain about anything on this website, this a free website, with great content, I know the other day i took me 2 hours to download a lot, but it was ok, modthesims2 have always been great with it's content. Plus what I was downloading was worth the 2 hour wait. I could only donate 5 dollars because I'm a poor college student, but why drive when I can play the sims 2 with the great creations on this site. Some things I have gotten that were not so great, but I simply delete because they were free and I'd dare not complain about something someone else created knowing I don't know how to create squat. Thank you to the creators and the maintainers of this website, thank you for all of the creators, if I get more money I will definitely be donating more I miss QXpress.
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:43 AM
I donated and I couldn't see myself really donating to any other Sims 2 site. I've been to that other site and as far as quality is concerned... MT2 wins that match. I left that site primarily for that reason. Why would i want content that I could do (badly I might add). I download tons of things daily and even go through old content.

Oh and when I donated I didn't notice the part that said to put your username. I'll prolly donate again later on in the week. Good job!!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:49 AM
... have you tried Yahoo Groups? *is bricked*

*read the whole thing, is just being a smart-ass*

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Test Subject
#85 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:24 AM
Quote:
QXpress Links:

A lot of you have noticed that the QX links are gone from MTS2. The reason for this is that, in the process of trying to track down bottlenecks on the main download servers, I needed to limit the outgoing bandwidth to only those 2 servers to see what the load on the switch is. Becuase QXpress is used by a number of people, I had to remove the links from MTS2 in order to get a clean overview of bandwidth.

These links will be returning - most likely in a couple of weeks, once everything has settled down.

I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG!

This puts my whole entire mind into question...
I will be making some recolors soon
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Well, I suggest you read back past news, becuase we've introduced a lot of rules and guidelines since the site was launched, so you certainly can't say that nothing has changed there.

We've actually been moderating more nowadays than back then when nothing was. I suspect any percieved "low quality" is simply becuase you either 1) aren't showing all downloads and thus are filtered, 2) you are looking at the featured items, or 3) that the actual number of innovations in the field have gone down - remember we are looking at a 3 year old game now, and it's limited in what we can do with it, but with the release of wes's animation toolkit, we are beginning to see some really good items again.

I'm sure a lot of people don't share your sentiment about the quality going down. We have an active Creator Feedback section, and anything that is really bad is tagged and moved out of downloads, but as staff we can't check everything currently on the site so some things that aren't up to spec may slip through - and remember that not everything is actually moderated. Some people upload recolours as new meshes (which aren't moderated) and attempt to get round the queue that way but rest assured we reject a lot of stuff each day.

sorry to say this delphy but i do agree with Uartige-pigebarn. I have repeatly tried to upload things on mts2 and repeatly have been rejected several times even thou i carefully correct my mistakes, but that is the way the cookie crumbles i guess here at mts2. I know you say this is a free site and for the most part it seems to be. However i get the feeling that most of the problems are beginning to come from so many strict rules and seems like the mts2 staff have their favorite picks of artists or like they would say in back in the old school days.....class room pets. I feel this site is becoming a competition ego centric sports arena, instead of a sims2 general fansite like it first started out to be when i first joined in . As for donations i am working on that atleast something i feel is better contributed from me than nothing at all. Hopefully my pennies along with others will help this site reach its goal, because i do really like this site....just wish it will get better and not worst.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 4:44 AM
I think I'm going to cry if this site becomes shut down after TS3 comes out. D= Like Phaeonah said, it feels like we've just broken the surface of the Sims 2. But I'm not going to say any more about it, as I respect your decisons concerning the future of MTS2.

Anyways, thank you very much for the explanation! As my parents make the majority of my financial decisions, I'm afraid I cannot donate. I will be avidly following this donation drive though, as I only want the best for this site. It's my Sims 2 haven. <3

And as always, thank you for everything you've done for the Simming community at large. :]
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:10 AM
Shame you don't also take donation payments in GBP
£10.02 GBP of my money makes $20 USD Easy
Field Researcher
#89 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:35 AM
I so wish to donate but don't have a job at the moment,so i'm not getting any money and am relying on my other half to support me.As he has huge bills to pay on his own he won't give me any money to contribute,which i hate because i love this site and couldn't imagin my game as it use to be before finding it.

I feel so bad for not being able to donate and wish i could contribute some other way but don't know how to create etc.

This is the best site ever and i just want to say THANK YOU to Everyone that makes this site possible and once again i'm sorry i can't donate.
Test Subject
#90 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leptoon
Well I PMed Delphy about a rather large donation... Got turned down though. Oh well.

Best of luck to you!
Andee.

You wanted to make a large donation and got turned down? Why?

That doesn't make sense or sound right to me.
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bellalunarena
You wanted to make a large donation and got turned down? Why?

That doesn't make sense or sound right to me.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Strange...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#92 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:55 AM
Secun687 - actually you don't agree with Uartige-pigebarn, she was complaining that we're not fussy enough, that the quality of things on the site has gone down. Frankly I don't believe that's true, but everyone can have their own opinion and support their fav creators where ever that might be.

There's no winning that argument. We're too fussy, we're not fussy enough, there's too many awards, not enough, etc. Either you like the site (which is not actually here to be a download site, but to help people learn HOW to mod) or you don't. Frankly, it's always easy to criticise.

bellalunarena, redchyld - I don't know, but I think that really would be a matter between the leptoon and Delphy - not something up for public discussion (especially while Delphy is catching some much needed sleep) I found the statement curious myself.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#93 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:06 AM
Im sorry for your problems, Im new here to this site and im so hooked, and I use the Q express a whole lot. I will send a donation when i get paid this week, thanks for the website.
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum

bellalunarena, redchyld - I don't know, but I think that really would be a matter between the leptoon and Delphy - not something up for public discussion (especially while Delphy is catching some much needed sleep) I found the statement curious myself.

So true, so true. Sorry, but my curiosity got the best of me this time.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:02 AM
Thank you Delphy for all your hard work. Your site is very much appreciated . I think that the people who send you nasty messages about their download problems are very rude. This is after all a free site. Come on users, we get so much from this site, let's give something back. It's not just the equipment and software but also the time and effort that goes into maintaining a site like this. Every little bit helps.

My exchange rate is very high so I can only contribute a little, but as I said, every little bit helps.

Sherbrooke
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:21 AM
awww if we wasnt saving up to move from UK to Florida, USA i'd totaly pay up a fair donation but we are. and i hate England so theres no way we are NOT moving XD

BTW if any is from florida please please please pleeeeeaaaasssseeee PM me so i can ask a few questions.

Mez
Forum Resident
#97 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:29 AM
thanx 4 letting me know tiggerypum!regards
Banned
#98 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:54 AM
I think that you should work with EA and See if they can help beacuse you're site is the biggest sims site on the web hands down so EA Might just help you beacuse they must experience the same issues
Test Subject
#99 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:26 AM
>.< I can't believe they're already thinking about making the sims 3 when we JUST did get the sims 2. I mean, I feel like we need to have some more time to get our money's worth out of this game before they go and make ANOTHER one.. gaah how depressing.
Test Subject
#100 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:35 AM
I have been a member for a while now and I am definately of the opinion that this is the best sims 2 site out there. I have tried to create and frankly just can't. Well maybe not can't, but my play time is limited. Well anyway what I am trying to say is....EVERY creator on this site should be Overwhelmingly thanked!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Delphy you and your staff should be applauded and given standing ovations!!!!!!! The time and effort put into running a website is tremendous (I know I have run or two) and I can't even imagine for a website of this magnitude, so again thank you for this site!!!

A note for those of you complaining about the quality of work or your work didn't make it, I'm sorry. If you don't like create your own site with your own rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe then you will truly appreciate what Delphy and the staff do!!!

I will be donating as soon as I get paid!!!!!
Locked thread
Page 4 of 13