Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1462
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2816 times.
Search this Thread
Old 28th Jun 2018, 8:59 PM DefaultSome crap to do with porting some models from TS2 to TS3 #1
AGuyCalledPi
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Hey,

So I'll have to convert some objects from TS2 to TS3 soon.....about half a dozen to start with. This is purely about getting the models from TS2's format into TS3's format. I haven't begun doing it yet, but I've already run into some complications.
Namely:
  1. My TS2 doesn't actually work and crashes on the loading screen
  2. I can't use Blender's SIMGEOM plugin thing because it's broken beyond all repair

So I'm generally wondering how viable it is to take, say, 4 car models from TS2, extract the assets using TS2's equivalent of S3PE, converting them to a format that TS3 can read, then somehow putting it back together and plugging the thing into the thing to make all 4 function like buyable, functioning cars. I have a month, max, to do it.

Thanks

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 5th Jul 2018, 6:05 PM #2
Squidconqueror
Inventor

I found something that might be able to help you out on your project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEDxjjXXXM. Why do you have such a tight deadline?
Old 5th Jul 2018, 8:08 PM #3
AGuyCalledPi
Original Poster

Mad Poster

7 Achievements

I'm aiming to do 1 episode a month, and these episodes already take up well over 100 hours without a lengthy asset creation process. On top of that, I also need these things finished so I can have them in the game when I'm recording the episode, which is about halfway through that month. So the quicker I get it over with, the better.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 6th Jul 2018, 8:19 AM #4
AdonisPluto
Forum Resident

33 Achievements

View My Journal

Why not use SimPE to Clone the object and then extract the meshes.

Section jump: