Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#701 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuilhermeSchilling
Another update of my modified version of the mod, now it has a wider range of height.

Mais uma atualização da minha versão modificada do mod, agora tem uma variedade maior de altura.

This is cool, thanks!

The Height Slider Growth mod didn't seem to have any effect on my children and teens though, is that file necessary for the other two (Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall) to work?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#702 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
This is cool, thanks!

The Height Slider Growth mod didn't seem to have any effect on my children and teens though, is that file necessary for the other two (Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall) to work?

Yes you need use all 3 files more .ts4package
Test Subject
#703 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim

Yes you need use all 3 files more .ts4package

in addition, you also need to wait until midnight in the game to take effect.
Mad Poster
#704 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:35 PM
My understanding was you can use the tall and short sliders without the growth file but you can't use the growth file without the tall and short files.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#705 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
My understanding was you can use the tall and short sliders without the growth file but you can't use the growth file without the tall and short files.

Actually I think the Growth file just needs the scripts to work.
Instructor
#706 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
in addition, you also need to wait until midnight in the game to take effect.

I placed Slider Scripts.ts4script in my root Mods folder and the other three files (tall, short and growth) in a sub-folder. I tested it for a few Sim days after a Sim became a teen, but maybe it's conflicting with something else I have, I'll check it and test it again. Thanks!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Forum Resident
#707 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:35 PM
Another update of my modified version of the mod, now it has a wider range of height.

Mais uma atualização da minha versão modificada do mod, agora tem uma variedade maior de altura.

I'm having the same problem alexpilgrim has. Growth function gives last exception at 1 am
Using no other mods except WW and MCCC so it could be a conflict with one of those 2. The manual command "add_slider # height" has no effect.
Here is a copy of the exception returned at 1 am

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
#708 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:37 AM Last edited by supermattia10 : 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:40 PM.

I have the same problem:
(With MCCC) At 1 am arrives to me a notice of 'script error' and the growth mod doesn't work.
So i've tried without MCCC but nothing changes....

The tall and short mods (also the commands) work well but the growth mod continues to give me problems and errors, even without MCCC.
Test Subject
#709 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
I'm having the same problem alexpilgrim has. Growth function gives last exception at 1 am
Using no other mods except WW and MCCC so it could be a conflict with one of those 2. The manual command "add_slider # height" has no effect.

The command isn't "add_slider # height" but "add_slider height # "
However i've the same problems regarding the growth mod.
Field Researcher
#710 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
Is there a way to adjust the raising and lowering of the arms when sims are holding food/books/tablets? My tall sims raise their arms an exceeding amount, to the point it looks like they hold books to eyelevel when they read, and short sims lower their arms, sometimes (though more rarely so less than a problem) clip with their knees.

It's not a deal-breaker for the sliders, though it does make me think all my tall sims need glasses--ha.
Test Subject
#711 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Is there a way to adjust the raising and lowering of the arms when sims are holding food/books/tablets? My tall sims raise their arms an exceeding amount, to the point it looks like they hold books to eyelevel when they read, and short sims lower their arms, sometimes (though more rarely so less than a problem) clip with their knees.

It's not a deal-breaker for the sliders, though it does make me think all my tall sims need glasses--ha.

I suggest downloading my modified version of the original mod in the post #701, I tested and the arms are working normally.
Test Subject
#712 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:44 AM
I have downloaded all extracted files directly into my mods folder. I have enabled mods and script mods and restarted the game. I opened a preexisting household to edit. In live mode, I typed "add_slider height x" in the cheat console to adjust the heights of 3 sims, two are adults and one is a teen. The height adjustments worked and "Applied sim attributes!" appeared. When I tried to adjust the "neck" (I typed "add_slider neck 100") and "hand" (I typed "add_slider hand 100") of one of the adults, there were no changes after several seconds, but "applied sim attributes!" message appeared for each. There was no change or message when adjusting "bulge" (I typed "add_slider bulge 100") while the sim was wearing the same bathing trunks as in the comparison picture. I double checked the min and max for each command. I also tried in CAS. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!
Instructor
#713 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:26 PM
I think CmarNYC's CAS height Mod needs a update because it's causing short sims to have long like legs. The odd thing is that my short sims looked normal yesterday. But, upon loading the game today they are looking weird.

I tested the issue on a sim in CAS It's not my edit of the Short height slider.

Tall sims with the CAS height adjustment look normal. The issue is only with sims' height adjusted short with the CAS slider.

Scholar
#714 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zephyr924
I have downloaded all extracted files directly into my mods folder. I have enabled mods and script mods and restarted the game. I opened a preexisting household to edit. In live mode, I typed "add_slider height x" in the cheat console to adjust the heights of 3 sims, two are adults and one is a teen. The height adjustments worked and "Applied sim attributes!" appeared. When I tried to adjust the "neck" (I typed "add_slider neck 100") and "hand" (I typed "add_slider hand 100") of one of the adults, there were no changes after several seconds, but "applied sim attributes!" message appeared for each. There was no change or message when adjusting "bulge" (I typed "add_slider bulge 100") while the sim was wearing the same bathing trunks as in the comparison picture. I double checked the min and max for each command. I also tried in CAS. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

As this is not a published mod but a mod during development the files on the first page is developed in the thread. Read a few pages from the end.
Scholar
#715 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai

The line #78 error is the one in bold in the code below. It seems the function services.get_age_service() is no longer supported.

def SimGrowth(_):
ageSpeed = services.get_age_service().aging_speed
pop = 0
if not services.get_age_service()._unplayed_aging_enabled:
ageSpeed = None
for sim_info in services.sim_info_manager().get_all():
pop = pop + 1

sim_age = sim_info._days_until_ready_to_age()
SimAge = sim_info.age
randomizeHeightIfDefault(sim_info)
manager = services.get_instance_manager(Types.STATISTIC)
stat_file = manager.get(18157023230166068511)
stat_commodity = sim_info.get_statistic(stat_file)

simHeightStat = stat_commodity.get_value()

if SimAge == Age.CHILD:
childHeightSlider = (15.36 * sim_age + simHeightStat) - 100
teenHeightSlider = 0
height = None

elif SimAge == Age.TEEN:
teenHeightSlider = (7.68 * sim_age)
childHeightSlider = 0
height = None
elif SimAge == Age.YOUNGADULT or SimAge == Age.ADULT or SimAge == Age.ELDER:
height = None
teenHeightSlider = 0
childHeightSlider = 0

if height is not None:
AddSimSlider.setModifierWithSimInfo("height", height, sim_info)

if childHeightSlider is not None:
AddSimSlider.setModifierWithSimInfo("chs", childHeightSlider, sim_info)

if teenHeightSlider is not None:
AddSimSlider.setModifierWithSimInfo("ths", teenHeightSlider, sim_info)
Test Subject
#716 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
As this is not a published mod but a mod during development the files on the first page is developed in the thread. Read a few pages from the end.

I had read 2 pages back and found that to be unhelpful in figuring out if I was doing something wrong. That's why I asked.
I have read five more pages back after your suggestion and now I am even more confused. There's a lot script jargon I don't understand, links to other creators' mods, and older versions of this one. To my understanding, I shouldn't combine different height mods. I just wanted to double check if I was typing commands correctly.
Test Subject
#717 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:08 PM
So, does anyone have a solution to this Last Exception problem? I get the same problem, it always shows an error at 1AM.
Field Researcher
#718 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:21 PM Last edited by DreamaDove : 4th Mar 2018 at 1:46 PM.
I suggest downloading my modified version of the original mod in the post #701, I tested and the arms are working normally.

I'll try it out, thanks!

EDIT: OH MY GOD IT WORKS WONDERFULLY. THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#719 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM

Hi! I don't want to change anything because the version I have (GODJUL_heightslidertoddlerfix) is the only one that I have and is working with no LE's...I would love to download your updated version of the mod, but as others were stating, there's a lot of confusion with this mod on which files are needed, which ones go together and don't, plus I know what I'm reading from other pages of this thread when it comes to some of the "jargon", but others may not...if you don't mind (because I've had this mod since yeeeeeeears ago with all the changes and stuff that it went thru and loooooove this mod! lol) at least telling us in a more recent thread/post on exactly what file they need (from what post/thread/page), what files they can have added (if there are any anymore) or what files don't need to be touched, and is your modified version of the mod the only one needed or do you need yours plus another file of yours or previous creators for it to work? I feel that answering all or majority of this questions, plus putting in the files that are NEEDED now for this version to work would help a lot, not just for you, but for the community too, I think it would make things a little less confusing...unless you don't want to, that's aaaall your choice lol just a suggestion
Test Subject
#720 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BabiHunni
Hi! I don't want to change anything because the version I have (GODJUL_heightslidertoddlerfix) is the only one that I have and is working with no LE's...I would love to download your updated version of the mod, but as others were stating, there's a lot of confusion with this mod on which files are needed, which ones go together and don't, plus I know what I'm reading from other pages of this thread when it comes to some of the "jargon", but others may not...if you don't mind (because I've had this mod since yeeeeeeears ago with all the changes and stuff that it went thru and loooooove this mod! lol) at least telling us in a more recent thread/post on exactly what file they need (from what post/thread/page), what files they can have added (if there are any anymore) or what files don't need to be touched, and is your modified version of the mod the only one needed or do you need yours plus another file of yours or previous creators for it to work? I feel that answering all or majority of this questions, plus putting in the files that are NEEDED now for this version to work would help a lot, not just for you, but for the community too, I think it would make things a little less confusing...unless you don't want to, that's aaaall your choice lol just a suggestion

I've been back and forth on different threads for few months now, trying to figure out what are the files I need to download in order to have these mods working. I don't have any reason to think the unclear answers are intentional but is very frustrating that none of the people involved in trying to update this mod have been able to simply put, in one post, a clear list of the required files. It has been always some confusing parts in the answers (like go back to a post #xxxxx, many pages back, that leads you to a link to an even further #xxx back post, with the name of an old mod without the link to find it and half other half answers.

Is there any chance that one of these super talented people can compile a list of the necessary version of the mods that are needed so we mortals who don't have an iota of an idea of the more complicated details you are talking about would enjoy having our sims showing different heights, necks, bulges and hands sizes? Pleeeaaaseee.
Scholar
#721 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zephyr924
I had read 2 pages back and found that to be unhelpful in figuring out if I was doing something wrong. That's why I asked.
I have read five more pages back after your suggestion and now I am even more confused. There's a lot script jargon I don't understand, links to other creators' mods, and older versions of this one. To my understanding, I shouldn't combine different height mods. I just wanted to double check if I was typing commands correctly.

The mods you asked about, neck, hand and bulge is not touched upon and I think no one have looked at them. People think it is probably of lower priority than the height.
Instructor
#722 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
I was able to fix the hip issue with the CmarNYC's feet height slider thanks to her help.
Here is the file.
Please note! if you try to re-adjust that sim's height short in CAS after previously adjusting their height from before with the outdated version to not have the hip and leg issue. You can't adjust them to make them short again. Sadly It's something I can't fix. But, you can adjust other sims' height short that hasn't have their height previously adjusted from the other version.

Edit. It's not letting me upload the file for some reason.
Mad Poster
#723 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM
Could you upload it to SimfileShare or mediafire or dropbox and link to it instead?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#724 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM
Could someone do a head slider. Because when a sim is turned taller or shorter, their head because proportionally bigger or smaller. And it just seems like the sims are giants/tiny people. I've tried editing their head in CAS but sometimes it's not enough small or big to me. And since I have no knowledge in modding at all, I would like someone to do it if they can.
So I'm asking it again, could someone do a head slider please?
Lab Assistant
#725 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 17th Mar 2018 at 7:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by WaterPearl
Could someone do a head slider. Because when a sim is turned taller or shorter, their head because proportionally bigger or smaller. And it just seems like the sims are giants/tiny people. I've tried editing their head in CAS but sometimes it's not enough small or big to me. And since I have no knowledge in modding at all, I would like someone to do it if they can.
So I'm asking it again, could someone do a head slider please?

I agree with you, this is not anatomically correct. Adult head's volume should remain the same, whatever the height is.
I made a quick fix for this by editing the height slider.
In the bonedelta ressource I added a value for the "head" :
- head decreases when height increases;
- head increases when height decreases.
I used the same value, with the opposite sign. It works pretty well.

Sad thing is that I have problems uploading stuff here.
But I'm pretty sure that modders here can add this little fix in their own work
The result is way more realistic.
Page 29 of 44