Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2009 at 4:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Why wont sims and lots show in my game? :cry:
-Please help me! I'm new here, and I'm desperate. T_T

-Although I'm an old Sims 2 player, and I have been able to downloaded lots and sims before, and actually use them. Now I face a problem, and that I really hope I can find a solution from you guys.

- My Old Sims 2 game which contained: Nightlife, Open for Business, University, and Family Fun stuff got deleted because my comp. got a virus, then I lost the CDs. now the only Sims 2 game that I have is Sims2 Life Stories.

-My problem is: downloaded lots and sims do not appear in game, although I have already used installation programs such as Clean installer, and
Q express, still no show. I have reread the Guide found here over, and over again, but still to no avail!

-Is it because my only Sims 2 game is Life stories and that's why the downloaded stuff wont show? or I don't know....

-Please guys I beg for your help!!!! huhuhuhu T_T
I can't even use mootilda's lotadjuster, and I don't even know why T_T
I wanna build one 1x1 lots, but I cant, because I don't know how to let downloaded lots show T_T
I wanna let good genetics flow from sim to sim but I cant because the sims that come with the game are just plain ugly, and I dont know hot to let downloaded sims show in game...

please help me!!!
ANY help will do!!

Your desperate friend
Bry2x

"Awaken my child and embrace the privilege that is your birthright"
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:28 PM
Life Stories is not the same as The Sims 2, and custom content for TS2 is not guaranteed to work with Life Stories at all. The Stories series games are also not really made to work with custom content - you can use it, but it bogs it down. Default replacement skintones, eyes, etc., do work with the Stories games, but many other items do not - it's entirely possible that downloaded lots and sims can't work with it at all. The other option is that you're putting the stuff in the wrong place - Clean Installer won't automatically detect to put it in the downloads area for Life Stories, which is different from that of TS2.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2009 at 3:50 AM
Thanks for the answer HystericalParoxysm

The folders which you can find inside the Life Stories' folder lacks a SavedSims folder, so then I asked myself "is it because I lack that folder that I cant use any downloaded sim?"
so after I asked myself, I made a SavedSims folder, downloaded a sim, using the basic "winrar extract method" and then I used the Clean installer, Then Used Q Express, the result? nothing shows up in the newly created SavedSims folder, the same thing happens to my downloaded lots, nothing shows up in the Teleport folder,even though the Teleport Folder is already there.

So my guess about the Stories Series not accepting downloaded lots, and sims is true?

thanks again HystericalParoxysm

oh yeah, and one more thing.
I cant use mootilda's lotadjuster too?

Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd May 2009 at 5:25 AM
Sim Life Stories and Castaway are not built to accept installed downloads. If you download a lot, and install it, and you don't have TS2 base game, it will be installed somewhere else (I don't know where, you have to look at the written link during the install).

You can copy and paste downloaded files to SLS, if:
1) You create the proper folders in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims Life Stories (Downloads, Walls, Floors, etc.)
2) You paste there *only* the DBPF files.
3) The files are compatible *only* with the base TS2 game (not with the EPs).

For instance: You want to use mootilda's lot adjuster.
1) Look which EPs it demands (only base game - can work; uni and up - can't work).
2) unzip to your desktop.
3) Copy the DBPF file (highlight it with right-click->edit->copy)
4) Create Downloads folder in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/SLS
5) Paste the file there (right click on free space->paste).

As you don't have TS2 game, you can't install packaged files (lot and sims), which are installed by default in SavedSims and PackagedLots folders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2009 at 5:42 AM
Thanks for the Help Gali. I now understand that I have to buy A LOT of Cds. XD thanks again for your help. :3

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2009 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
Sim Life Stories and Castaway are not built to accept installed downloads. If you download a lot, and install it, and you don't have TS2 base game, it will be installed somewhere else (I don't know where, you have to look at the written link during the install).

You can copy and paste downloaded files to SLS, if:
1) You create the proper folders in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims Life Stories (Downloads, Walls, Floors, etc.)
2) You paste there *only* the DBPF files.
3) The files are compatible *only* with the base TS2 game (not with the EPs).

For instance: You want to use mootilda's lot adjuster.
1) Look which EPs it demands (only base game - can work; uni and up - can't work).
2) unzip to your desktop.
3) Copy the DBPF file (highlight it with right-click->edit->copy)
4) Create Downloads folder in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/SLS
5) Paste the file there (right click on free space->paste).

As you don't have TS2 game, you can't install packaged files (lot and sims), which are installed by default in SavedSims and PackagedLots folders.

So if I do this steps Gali, then perhaps I can run Downloaded Lots in my games? and can you please give me a brief example? and how can you Identify if it is a DBPF file or not? and you paste the DBPF files in the Downloads folder right? or is it another folder? please help me!

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd May 2009 at 6:08 PM
This website is for support for The Sims 2, not Castaways or other EA products.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Not a Sims 2 question.