Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:27 AM
Default Beginner beginner tutorial on making CC?
Hi,

Hopefully this is in the right place. I want to turn screenshots of my sims into photographs they can have in the game so that their homes are a bit more personalised, and I found a site that details step-by-step how to do this (https://simscommunity.info/2015/10/...h-screenshots/), but I think I did something wrong because it didn't work. I have Gimp and I downloaded the DDS plugin but the DDS doesn't show up in Gimp so I can't do the converting thing the explanation says. Does anyone know of any videos that go into detail about how to do this (I have never modded or created CC before in my life so I know jack all) or that can direct me to somewhere that can explain how to make CC for dummies?

Thank you, and sorry if this post is in the wrong thread :s
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:50 AM
TheSimSupply's tutorial, tho he's using photoshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alw2ebzKYw

I don't use Gimp, but I'm gonna assume it's the same logic
just use PNG instead of DDS
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 5:44 AM
That's pretty easy, just like in Sims 3. Clone the picture with Sims 4 studio and edit the picture. Easier in fact as you can use Microsoft Paint instead of GIMP.
Today I modded some shelves in Sims 4 studio so I could put crystals and metals on them. I hated the mess that the shelves were in - each shelf was different. Now I have a rack with 9 large spots, another rack with 12 medium spots, and a third rack with 15 small spots! Great for serums, metals and Crystals.
What has me confused is XML mods. Easy in sims 3, a big "WTF are these XML tags?" in Sims 4! All I want to do is make it so that the "Need Fixer" serum doesn't fail half the time.
Well, I also want to mod either the SimRay to change genders of a target sim or the Object cloner to have an option to clone a sim but change genders. I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet.

Sims are better than us.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 8:49 AM
I'm not sure, but isn't there a dedicated plugin for Gimp.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm not sure, but isn't there a dedicated plugin for Gimp.

There is a DDS plug in for GIMP that is used for Sims 3 mods as the pictures in Sims 3 use DDS files. Sims 4 using simple PNG files.

Sims are better than us.