Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2736
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7337 (Who?), Viewed: 318377 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Jan 2019, 4:40 AM #6901
tancred
Lab Assistant

I discovered that Vampire Servos are kinda tricky. Gypsy was bitten on a community lot; when I finally got to her household, though, she looked normal -- not a vampire. She cowered at 7 AM, but she didn't begin fry. She then went about her day as usual. I sent other household members to a community lot, brought them home, and Gypsy was still normal. Ehhhh, I thought, not much to this Vampire Servo thing, let's give her some Vamprocillin-D. She drank it, and changed back to, well, this. Pretty Sim face, but creepy as anything.

Exit without saving; back in; still no vampire face. It was only when I had her change into formal wear that her face changed to vampire. Then she started to sizzle outdoors!

Okay, so I then bought a coffin for Gypsy for the daytime. But she wouldn't stay in it, jumping out every time "Do Chores" appeared, about once an hour. The solution: park her someplace out of the way indoors and power her down during daylight. No sizzle, no mood decay.

On the plus side of all this: Gypsy is now Gothic Robotics' most tireless robot builder. And the fangs are rather cute.
Old 11th Jan 2019, 8:59 AM #6902
Pideli
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

What do vampires drink when they bite servos?
Battery juice?
Old 11th Jan 2019, 10:50 AM #6903
Mrmo
Inventor

I don't have many servos in my game (hardly any, just one) but as soon I make the simbot change into formal wear the face shows partly servo/partly human as in the post from tancred. Very annoying. (But that's not the main reason that I don't play this servo).
Old 11th Jan 2019, 10:51 AM #6904
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

Just saw my sim lecture a visiting townie for breaking the sink. Never seen that before; I didn't know that they could lecture townies. XD I then added insult to injury by asking her to leave; well the person she'd come to see was already in bed and she was just hanging out breaking sinks. XD
Old 11th Jan 2019, 12:12 PM #6905
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
What do vampires drink when they bite servos?
Battery juice?

No - coolant fluid.
Old 12th Jan 2019, 4:34 PM #6906
Caren Yoon
Lab Assistant

I didn't know until this day that pregnant sims go up and down stairs very carefully.
They go up and down stairs just as a sneak-out motion just as the picture below.
I guess it is because their body is heavy and also they can't see stairs because the belly is hiding the front view so they put extra caution.
Another great detail for ts2 !!

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Old 14th Jan 2019, 3:41 PM #6907
ieta_cassiopeia
Scholar

It's possible for someone to bring the Charlatan home from work. What made it worse was that the Sim in question was in the "Unemployed" custom "career". Though perhaps this explains why the Charlatan steals stuff 24 hours a day...
Old 14th Jan 2019, 7:34 PM #6908
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

I feel so clever... probably everyone else already thought of this, but it just occurred to me and I'm so pleased. So... I don't like the bookshelves to all look alike, especially lined up like this in a library, so I have tons of empty bookshelves and bookstacks, but filling them is a tedious process. It suddenly occurred to me for a shot like this to just put an empty one on top of the regular one and fill a few odd eye catching parts of the bookshelves. I just don't want it to jump out at you that they are the same and I think this works well. I'm so happy. This pic is nice, too, because, though the walls are down, the wall on the left is the back wall of the tiny bathroom in this tiny library. The wall stays up with Numenor's no-cutaway walls. I think it looks so much more real when the inner walls stay up when we're "inside" the building. Also, this is Amanda and Samantha Ottomas's long lost father (he's actually an aged up Tommy clone - see the resemblance) who is the only townie in Widespot and he autonomously showed at the library, which is what I was going for - him just wandering in and out of the hood on his own. Oh, and they are all autonomously reading, too.

Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Jan 2019 at 8:10 PM.
Old 14th Jan 2019, 7:36 PM
Sunrader
This message has been deleted by Sunrader. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 15th Jan 2019, 2:28 AM #6909
SparkySays
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

A new scholarship! Zenisha Harvey was just awarded the Mendel Award for Oxygen Donation and Repletion. Googling shows people have speculated sims get this scholarship if a parent is at the top of the Education career. I'm not sure because Zenisha's mother is dead (and I honestly don't remember what her career was) and her dad just made top of the Journalism career. Maybe journalists' kids also get awards for breathing? Lol.
Old 21st Jan 2019, 4:18 PM DefaultFloor #6910
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

With most packs installed, discovery was made - estimating that they're over more than 499 floor titles in the game. I did the counting.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st Jan 2019 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 1:50 AM #6911
Steffyn
Field Researcher

I've never seen a sims cheer up another sim right after something embarrassing happened, but the mayor of Milber cheered his pregnant wife up after she didn't make it to the bathroom in time and cleaned the mess up while she got in the shower. How adorable ;w;

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Old 24th Jan 2019, 12:35 AM #6912
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Wow! I am late to the party but, even though this upload is from way back, I had never seen it, and it's awesome!

First the one I knew about... I love small lots and I've used Andi8104 and MaryLou's for years:

Andi8104 and MaryLou Lots
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=195469
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=195467

Honestly, until recently, I didn't notice that they have the sun coming from the rear in lot view, but back in 2006-2007, Aelflaed did, and worked out how to turn these lots so that they'd be facing the sun in lot view:

Aeflaed Sunnyside Lots
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=251798
http://www.modthesims.info/download...778#post1789778

In case others are late to the party, too, I took some screen shots so you can see what they do.

EDIT - HugeLunatic posted a link to files (below) that modify the game lighting that you can add to your installation files and call with a cheat if you prefer that to building on Sunnyside lots, or if you have a lot that's already built that you want to change. Also very cool.
Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Jan 2019 at 6:32 AM.
Old 24th Jan 2019, 11:54 AM #6913
HugeLunatic
Dancing Flamingo

70 Achievements

You can change the direction of the sun in a lot by using cheat, you don't need to install those lots. The last post by Hook, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8076.5, contains the edits to make to your lighting files. If you use DreadPirate's updating radiance lighting mod, it now contains that.
Old 24th Jan 2019, 11:51 PM #6914
rollingstarr
Lab Assistant

I've never noticed how few windows Olive's house has until I was renovating it for Nervous and Pascal. That house must've felt like a prison for Ophelia. Her bedroom didn't have any windows.
Old 25th Jan 2019, 1:23 PM #6915
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

I think the big doors in the bedroom walls on that lot are meant to look like windows with shutters on them, but the base game didn't come with anything like that so Maxis had to put the big doors there instead. I always replace them with the windows and shutters from Moune999's Torrox build set. I leave the shutters open for Ophelia's room and put closed ones on Olive's room.

Windows and doors - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=415933

Shutters - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=415934
Old 25th Jan 2019, 5:47 PM #6916
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

It's not a good idea to use the teleporter cat to add a Plantsim to the household (unless it was just a one-off glitch).

For some reason, I couldn't find a newspaper on the Greenmans' lot, so I used the cat to bring Cactus to the Roths' place so he could perform the funerary rites for Lady Betty and Miss Catherine. It moved him in no problem, but then he getting 'hungry' thoughts even though he couldn't eat (when directed to 'grab a plate,' it just fell out of his queue) and kept going to bed! In the end I just exited without saving, bought the Greenmans a computer and let Cactus move out that way.
Old 25th Jan 2019, 10:52 PM #6917
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I'm pretty sure I've moved plantsims around using it, so I'm guessing it was a glitch.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 26th Jan 2019, 9:50 AM #6918
Sims2Christain
Forum Resident

Only when moving the ideal plantsim should there be a problem (though i don't know why you would as I'm sure there are more attactive plantsim bachelors for your sims than him) personally I've never had a problem with the teleporter cat or at least not that i remember anyway.
Old 26th Jan 2019, 2:48 PM #6919
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

If have your Sim be "be stylist" by clicking on makeover station, all of their interactions get killed.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 26th Jan 2019, 3:14 PM #6920
DrewInTheSky
Instructor

Thanks to this post, I found out it's possible to completely deactivate a specific song in-game! That's brilliant :O
Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 26th Jan 2019 at 8:06 PM. Reason: Forgot the link, lol
Old 26th Jan 2019, 4:25 PM #6921
meginmd
Lab Assistant

That my Sim married a hoarder! All of this--quite literally, plus other things I sold for cash--were in his inventory:
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  hoarderhoarder2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  174.0 KB  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 7:34 PM #6922
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I'd love to be able to fit all that in my pocket.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 26th Jan 2019, 9:23 PM #6923
lazzybum
Scholar

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meginmd
That my Sim married a hoarder! All of this--quite literally, plus other things I sold for cash--were in his inventory:

I like how he carried alot of the same items
Old 27th Jan 2019, 12:47 AM #6924
ieta_cassiopeia
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzybum
I like how he carried alot of the same items

You never know when you'll need a spare fishtank,,,
Old 27th Jan 2019, 1:22 AM #6925
G-Mon
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by meginmd
Well, depending on that Sim's personality, he'd fit right in with the "Stepping Out & Cleaning Up" challenge.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!

Quote:
"We've reached overbounce!"

-- Roahm Mythril, "Mega Man 11 Blind Run - Pt 6 - Galaxy Bounce"

Section jump: