Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:48 AM
Default Creating collections in SimPE
I put almost all of my CC in collections using Collection Creator, but it doesn't work with walls and floors. I know I can make the collections in game, but I have tons of walls and the game doesn't always put groups of wallpapers together, so I've been putting batches of them in my game, creating the collections, removing them and then starting again. It's very, very tedious, so I thought I'd have a look at how to do it in SimPE.

Most threads I've found direct people to use Collection Creator, but I did find one that mentioned making a collection file in the game with one item, and then editing it in SimPE to add the 3DIR for the other things you want in it. There was more to it than that, but I couldn't go any further because wallpapers don't have 3DIRs. Which I guess is why the Collection Creator program doesn't do wallpapers and floors.

So does anyone know how the game handles those files in collections and is there any way I can make collections for wallpapers and floors outside of the game?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 1:48 AM
As of right now, we don't know what the key is to adding walls/floor to collections. I've created tons of test collections trying to figure out how the game is hashing a number to add to the collection file.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=495118
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:53 PM
Awww. I had a look and couldn't figure it out either. Oh well, batches of wallpaper one at a time it is!