Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 3:54 AM
Default Making up filenames...
I don't know if I'm the only on having this problem...

When I use the Clean Installer it seem sto take it upon itself to rename all the files. Something with a name like:floor_02172004.package will end up named: 2j39027rfvehjspdi48203nyrcfwoerdxu237yu4d2gr2.package I know the program used to generate these as "empty" package file and I could just delete them. Doing that now means that I have a serious case of "I know I downloaded that...where did it go?"

I try to keep my downloads folder really organised and having a mass of randomly generated filenames is bugging me. I can go through them 1 at a time and figure out what they are...but it's a time consuming process and very frustrating.

I run a dual-core Vista machine...is Vista causing yet more issues?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 8:15 AM
It's always been a problem and isn't going to get fixed unless a miracle happens and someone takes on updating CI. I think you're stuck with the boring route. Delphy's download organiser tells you more about the files than CI - you could try that instead.