Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:39 AM
Default a question about MTS rules
i didn't knew how to find the rules of this site till now

i read all of it but i still have a question though (and no it's not the same topic what someone put not that long ago even though if it looks like that because of the topic )
but anyway. i also read we need to stay on topic the question is: 2 days or so ago i posted something by accident that didn't had anything to do with the topic, i deleted it like right away
after i found out i put it on the wrong topic (i thought i had put it on the right topic but probably not ) am i violated the rules? will i get banned ? i deleted the wrong topic and all though but still

(sure a couple of months ago i did double posting that much on a topic or i posted it at a very old topic but i didn't knew there were rules in this you see? and when i found it there were rules i didn't knew how i could find out till now and i know i know i should've asked for help but i was so busy with other stuff i didn't had the time to ask it to anyone here so i apologize for that )

i hope one of you can answer me even if it means only 1 person

Edit: this might be the wrong place to ask but don't worry i deleted the most of the double posting too
so you guys don't have to worry about that
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:16 AM
You won't be banned for any of this, unless it turns out you do it on purpose and have been warned beforehand and still do it after those warnings.

Usually other members will tell you first when you broke a rule in a thread, and if you continue to break rules they might report you and you might receive a warning then depending on your general behaviour. That's when you can start to worry - a bit.

And yes, you posted in the wrong section; questions like these should go to Site Questions And Issues: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:53 AM
I can only second Don Babilon, sure there are a few rules to keep it peaceful, but it's not a drill camp where you're being scolded after a mistake.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:47 AM
Mmmmm i see thankgod i won't get banned because of the double posting by accident i had a few times
i was just wondering that's all
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:27 AM
We will come along with a big stick and wave it around but you won't get banned for a couple of double posts.

Also staying on topic... well that depends on the board, the subject if it's in chat or someplace else. If people are having a good discussion on eg sim foods and you randomly come in and say I made a new hair, come over here and look at it!! We will say stay on topic and make a new thread for your hair, preferably in Creator feedback. But if the thread on sim food slowly slides into what somebody cooked for dinner and it's in sims chat we generally won't pay any mind. if it slides again into personal eating habits and people start flaming each other then yes we will wave another big stick around and might close it down. Basically, use common sense and don't be a jackass on purpose and you will be fine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~