Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 11:04 PM
Base object for Void Critter Station
Hi, everyone! I'm converting the Void Critter Station from The Sims 4 to The Sims 3.

I have done a lot of work already (mesh, multiplier, mask, etc), but I've come across a roadblock. What object should I use as a base for animations and interactions?

At first I thought I could raise the height of the station, put some sort of legs underneath, and use the 2-player arcade machine (from Showtime, UL and ITF). But I need to stretch and alter the mesh a lot to match the animations, which ends up with the object looking really bad. Animations don't match the screen either (I tried moving the animation effect container, but it doesn't work). So I decided it was impossible to use that object as a base. I thought about using the activity table too. But the problem is that 4 Sims can play at the same time and they choose whatever side they're closer, so sometimes you end up with a toddler or child playing in the "wrong" side. Besides, it looks kinda ridiculous to play with blocks on a game station.

What object should I use as as a starting point / script class? Chess? Dominos? Maybe a custom script I'm not aware of?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:18 AM
Depends. I believe there's some sort of play table for children that should have animations at the right sort of height, but I don't play with kids so it's hard to tell. Maybe you can find two or more script classes that use animations from the same height and pose and choose animations from both?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Maybe you can find two or more script classes that use animations from the same height and pose and choose animations from both?

You can't mix and match. It's all-in-one: script class, animations, effects, geostates, etc. You change the script class (OBJK resource), you change everything. Even trying to move effect entries, kinematic entries, container entries, route entries, etc. doesn't seem to work or results in HORRIFIC effects when it does.

As far as I know there isn't any play table other than the activity table and, as I explained, it doesn't make sense for Sims to play blocks on a game station.

aybe I'll do it as a deco thing, but I wish it had some sort of functionality.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 3:29 PM
Only side of the story I know is that there's a big XML floating somewhere around the internet/the depths of my PC that contains every animation file name in the game, and I just assume that the script classes reference these animation files or GUID resource key thingamajig version of them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )