Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 7:41 PM
Question about making an armoire
Hi everybody,

Firstly let me mention I'm a beginner at all this, I've followed a whole bunch
of tutorials and am starting to "get it"

Now I've decided I want to make an armoire and cloned the "anti - quaint armoir".

After opening the Geometric Data Container I find it has 2 parts:
1. tslocator_gmdc
2. root_rot_gmdc

and the container different things.
1. contains the armoire meshes
2. contains the shadow_alpha's

Does this mean I also have to make a new shadow alpha (whatever that is) or wil it be converted if I make a new mesh?

Or is it just a bad idea for a beginner to make an armoir?

Please advise me :worm:

Thanks
Dallandra

Well you can't blame me, I'm blond

Almost 1000 Sim 2 links: http://dr.sims.jouwpagina.nl/
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 7:52 PM
Grapholina has an armoire tutorial in the tutorials section, you might want to check that out if you haven't already.

If it's a good idea to make an armoire, it depends on how much of a beginner you are . If you have nailed down the basics of object making, like you understand creating the mesh, texturing it, and what you need to do in SimPE, then I think you're ready to try something a bit more advanced. The special thing about armoires is that you'll need to either use the Mesh Tool or the wes h plugins to retain the animations for the doors.

The outdoor shadows will automatically update to the shape of your new mesh. The indoor shadows you'll have to edit if you want them to match the new mesh. The other option is to remove the shadows, if you don't think they are important. But I would worry about the shadows after everything else about the armoire is done .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:58 PM
Thanks Ignorant Bliss,
I'd missed Grapholina's tutorial (printing it as we "speak").

Oh my, the tutorial is 79 pages .. guess I have a lot of work ahead of me :-)

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Dallandra

Well you can't blame me, I'm blond

Almost 1000 Sim 2 links: http://dr.sims.jouwpagina.nl/