Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Delphy : 10th Jul 2005 at 6:38 PM.
Default The New Site is UP!
Hello, all MTS2 Members

The new site for the community discussion forums is up and running a day earlier than expected! It's called The Sims 2 Community, and the url is http://www.sims2community.com

All MTS2 members who registered with MTS2 on or before 3 July are automatically members of S2C (Sims 2 Community). Your user name and password will initially be the same on both sites (I said "initally" because if you change your password on one site, it will NOT be changed on the other site). If you registered with MTS2 after 3 July, it only takes a few minutes to sign up for S2C.

Please realize that your post count will be 0 (zero) on the new site. All of us -- myself included -- will be starting over again like brand new members. No big deal -- it's like starting with a clean slate :D

If you had missed the previous news item about the site change, you can read it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=74249

Because of the creation of this new website, the following forums will be permanently closed from Mod the Sims 2 on Monday, 11 July. They are being hosted at S2C now. They will be available at MTS2 for one month in “Archive” form, which means that they can be read but not edited or posted in. You will find them HERE. After one month, they will be completely deleted forever (with a few exceptions):

•Introductions (The “Faces to the Names” & “Photo Album” threads will be permanently archived at MTS2, and new versions of them are up at S2C)

•General Discussion
•Off Topic Discussion
•The Greater Gaming World
•Computers and Tech Gizmos
•The War Zone
•Anime and Webcomics

•Sims 2 Discussion
•Sims 2 Chat
•Sims Pictures (Current and Archive forums have been moved to S2C -- all threads and posts are intact)
•MTS2 Contests
•Sims 2 Movies (Forum has been moved to S2C -- all threads and posts are intact)
•Sims 2 Universe
•Advertise Your Sims 2 Site
•Advertise Your New Content/Updates
•Finds/Where Can I Find? (Forum will not be moved to S2C)
•Review a Sims Site (Forum will not be moved to S2C)

Again, S2C will be hosting all of the above-mentioned forums -- plus or minus a few others. After 11 July, Mod the Sims 2 will consist ONLY of the Modding, Downloads, and Sims 2 Help forums.

S2C will work very similarly to MTS2 in terms of basic use and layout. If you experience any site problems at S2C, please report them in its own Site Issues forum by clicking HERE.

We hope you enjoy the new Sims 2 Community site!

Regards,
tkdjunkie
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 5:47 PM
Great work, tkd. Everything looks really stylish. I love it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 6:48 PM
Very nice :clap:

Nebulosa
"trying to keep the green mist as far away as possible from my nose"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 7:04 PM
This site appears to be loading faster now. ITs too bad the new site doesnt look exactly like this one...so that you wouldnt notice a change at all until you looked at the address bar. Either way....

most excellent!
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 7:06 PM Last edited by phat_man55 : 10th Jul 2005 at 7:10 PM.
Holy Sh*t!!! Yay!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 7:57 PM
nectere, the point is to not have it looking totally like MTS2. It's supposed to be a site in it's own right, not just a child of MTS2.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 8:03 PM
I hear ya Delphy, I guess I am just so used to working with people who hate change, even minor ones. Either way…I still say most excellent!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 8:31 PM
So there's to be no "where can I find?" forum any more?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 8:52 PM
I really like the look of the new site. Still not flashy, just like this one. Thank you for making it so legible!

Nice solid design.

(And thanks for not making my cursor into a cheerleader shaking pompons, and passing on the "Hello Kitty" theme that was once threatened for this site )

Best,
Suzanne
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
So there's to be no "where can I find?" forum any more?

For now, we voted against having it there because people started being lazy and using it to search instead of searching the site before they asked.

DDO
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 9:03 PM
COOL! lol it's awesome great job!:D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 10:05 PM
:clap: The site looks very good!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 10:08 PM
Looks good- I'm sure a lot of people will be glad to have this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 10:10 PM
Nice going.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 11:06 PM
The new site is telling me my password is incorrect. It's the same password I use here, so I'm just a bit confused.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#16 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 11:11 PM
If you have changed your password since the 3rd then you need to use the old one. Otherwise, the "Forgot Password" links still work.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 12:34 AM
hooray!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:31 AM
Wow the site looks great! Thanks very much!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:41 AM
The new site looks very attractive! I'm one of those folks that sort of resists change because so often it's negative. I wasn't sure if I was looking forward to the change or not. Pleasant surprise. Thanks guys, for the hard work!

Wilson:"House! Why did you let your unstable patient roam the hallways?"

House:"His leash broke!"
Instructor
#20 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:46 AM
delphy, you are my hero. but wont it be harder being the admin for 2 sites... do u need some more moderators *hint hint*
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#21 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 1:55 AM
Anybody that asks to be a moderator automatically blacklists themselves.

Oh and I was already admin of 2 sites, this will be the third.
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:09 AM
what is the other site :o
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:19 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh yay!!! :loses grudge completely: Thank you so much! i have my beautiful, beautiful threads back! :hugs you:
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Anybody that asks to be a moderator automatically blacklists themselves.

...err..blacklists?

[CENTER]maybe this year
maybe next year
maybe never?
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:32 AM
On the forums that are being moved, will our post count lose the posts we had in them?
Page 1 of 2