Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:49 PM
Default Game Installed on D; no Doc. folder generated in C; neighborhood menu empty
I'm running a Windows 10, MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro with NVIDIA GTX970M graphics, 16 GB of ram and two drives [C/D, the former of only 117 GB and latter containing more storage.]

I already spoke with someone from EA's help desk chat, and they advised me that the game wasn't built for multiple drives. Understandably, he suggested I move my Documents folder onto my D drive.
However, I'd like to get a bit of advisement before I do!
I've also got TS3/TS4 installed onto my PC. Their Documents folder are both on my C drive. Is it still safe to move my Documents folder to D? What about other applications that are installed on C, and are dependent on the Docs folder sitting in my C drive?

Thank you very much!
[also... this is what I'm getting upon launch. I assume the lack of Documents folder generates this problem, but I guess it doesn't hurt to show screenshots ]
[edit: should note that I did give this guide a look http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=53400 ]

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:59 PM
Nah, it handles two drives just fine. On my last PC I had in installed on D with the game folder on C but others have had Documents on D. Try and move or create a Document folder on D drive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 11:30 PM
Tried moving my entire Documents folder from my C onto D. Didn't fix. I'm repairing the game with Origin now to see if that helps. If not, what would the next best route be?

Edit: didn't help. It seems as if an EA games folder, with TS2 was created, but there's no files generating upon launch. No clue what to do next.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 12:08 AM
Ah okay you are on the UC, not sure if you can move drives on that. Someone with that will be along and know I am sure. I am on disks and never had an issue changing drives. Best to say what you are on at the start of a help thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 1:08 AM
I just reinstalled my game myself and it took a few goes to make the game pick up My Documents on my S drive rather than my C drive. It involved changing the location in the properties of the actual folder rather than simply moving the folder... but this was Windows 7 with the discs, so I'm not sure how useful that information actually is. A quick Google tells me the steps are basically the same for Windows 10 though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I just reinstalled my game myself and it took a few goes to make the game pick up My Documents on my S drive rather than my C drive. It involved changing the location in the properties of the actual folder rather than simply moving the folder... but this was Windows 7 with the discs, so I'm not sure how useful that information actually is. A quick Google tells me the steps are basically the same for Windows 10 though.

I moved the folder via Properties with no success.

When I moved the Documents folder to my D drive, it simply copied-and-pasted the contents into its main directory -- err, not within a Documents folder. Everything scattered, so I had to go into my Registry to revert it back to my C. ;

I'm a little nervous about playing with its location settings again, but do you think creating a "Documents" folder in D, and selecting that as the location in Properties would be the next best route?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:29 AM
It's worth a try; first time I did it when I got this extra hard drive, I moved the document, when I reinstalled Windows last weekend on C and had to set it up again, I changed the location because the folder on S hadn't been altered at all. It took a few tried because the first few times, I tried to add it as a location in the Documents library, which didn't work, then I realised I had to change the location in the properties of that one folder.