Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Aug 2019 at 11:19 AM.
Default Neighborhoods without water
I'm looking for some empty neighborhoods or hoood templates without water. I'd like something similar to Pleasantville in regards to road placement (needs to fit a 5x5 or 6x6 lot between roads, most of my lots tend to be 3x3 or bigger so there's no point in something that only fits tiny lots). I've had a look at the 'Hoods at MTS, but it seems they all have water or have too little space between the roads (though I didn't look too closely so it's possible I may have missed something). Decoration doesn't matter too much because I'm planning to do the decoration myself (but if there is deco, though not so much it interferes with roads, that also works). Preferably flat in the road areas so lot placement doesn't lead to hillsides, and no tall or weird mountains, though some hills in the distance would work.

And one more thing - I'm trying to find the mesh for this dress, but the dropbox link is down: https://curiousb.livejournal.com/38354.html
(edit: Mesh found)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:37 PM
This may seem like a silly question, but have you looked at the ingame terrains without water?
Yep, some of them have water, but it's easy to change using the 'modifyneighborhoodterrain on' cheat.
Screenshots

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:15 PM
Aridia could maybe work, though it's got some of those weird mountains. I have to admit I haven't tried the cheat before, but maybe it's time to try . Still looking for suggestions, though

Added a second wcif.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Vvg : 10th Aug 2019 at 9:32 AM.
Try to look here for the dress.
I think this one is what you need.

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 6:09 PM
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:25 AM Last edited by iCad : 10th Aug 2019 at 2:44 AM.
I will definitely recommend Aridia. It is, in fact, my favorite terrain, custom or Maxis. Its buildable area is completely flat. It's small, but there are a good number of roads with lots of room between them, so you can use large lots if you want, and you can fill in spaces in the middle of the blocks with deco or with more lots moved off-road. (Or if you want, you can edit in SC4 if you have it to add some roads if you want; I've done it both ways.) It looks good desert, it looks good lush. I like it because it has one road that goes off the edge of the map, so I can ring the terrain with volcanoes/rocks and a mountainous skyline and voila! A box canyon, just like my home. I usually plop volcanoes on top of the terrain's "mountains" (and then do extra terrain editing to disguise the bottoms of the volcanoes and create some more natural-looking slopes) because I don't like how terrain-mountains look in lot view. Then I disguise the "edge" between the terrain and the volcanoes with clumps of trees. So, it ends up looking like this:

But, if you don't want the mountains at all, they're pretty easily flattened using the modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat.

I can also vouch for Oasis Valley. Its buildable area is not quite as flat as Aridia -- but the entire terrain is mostly flat-ish -- but you could easily make the buildable area completely without creating a lot of weird slopes you'd have to fix. And it is very easy to get rid of the little lake it has. I just yesterday started a little "classic" BACC using that terrain with the default dirt terrain replacement I made that's more of an arid, not-quite-desert scrubland plus one of the desert horizons I made to give it some more distant, albeit flat, desert terrain. It's looking like this, so far:

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:57 AM
CuriousB reuploaded all their files on simfileshare here.
This one is what you're looking for with the mesh included: https://simfileshare.net/download/351728/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:49 PM
iCad, thanks for the tips! I'll look into those.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I will definitely recommend Aridia. It is, in fact, my favorite terrain, custom or Maxis. Its buildable area is completely flat. It's small, but there are a good number of roads with lots of room between them, so you can use large lots if you want, and you can fill in spaces in the middle of the blocks with deco or with more lots moved off-road.

===========
"...lots moved off-road"... do you mean putting a lot down where it is not attached to a road? HOW? And could this be a playable lot?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:45 PM
^I think it's done with the lot adjuster, but I've never tried. I'd rather have the lots on the road.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 10:05 PM
My favorite is on here somewhere. Used it for years - called "Gridlocked." Totally flat, no water and lots of roads.

ETA here:
https://modthesims.info/d/251665/gr...repetitive.html
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===========
"...lots moved off-road"... do you mean putting a lot down where it is not attached to a road? HOW? And could this be a playable lot?

The "how" is here: https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.c...lots-but-how-do It isn't hard to do at all, though since it does require the Lot Adjuster, it does mean exiting the game, doing stuff in the LA, and then reloading the game, which can be tedious if your load time is long. (This is part of the reason why I'm pretty ruthless about the amount of CC I have, since I am very often fooling around in the Lot Adjuster, moving lots around or making them larger or smaller and whatnot. The Lot Adjuster does lots of interesting things.)

Anyway, I like to play really rural and agriculturally-based neighborhoods. In the real, modern world, most farms and ranches do not sit right on top of the road. So, I move them off-road AND I also tend to remove the road from them, so that I can have those 10 extra tiles to build stuff on instead. And yes, they are still fully playable (unless it's a hotel; for some reason hotels won't function off-road ) because even without roads the lots still have all their portals. It's just that any cars arriving on the lot will look really funny. But in these types of neighborhoods I play, very few playables have a standard job, and I generally don't allow NPC help on my lots (no gardeners, maids, nannies, etc.) in pretty much all of my neighborhoods, and Sims walk or drive their own vehicles (or ride a horse that functions as a vehicle) to community lots and/or to their job, if they have one, so cars on lots don't happen much. The only cars that sometimes arrive on these lots are taxis for moving out, and I just ignore them. The only thing I really do (though it isn't required at all) if I've removed roads and built on where there road was is move pedestrian portals around so that walkbys aren't walking through stuff they shouldn't be walking through. It's easy to see and move the portals around using the Portal Revealer.

Anyway, this BACC I started to test out some stuff is primarily ranch-based, and ranches look dorky sitting right on the road, so they'll all be off-road. Here's one I'm currently working on:

It's a 4x4 lot, but the footprint of the house is small, only about 14x14 tiles including the big wrap-around porch, so there's lots of room for farmy stuff and for integrating neighborhood deco with the landscaping so that it all looks natural and seamless. Here's the same lot seen from the road it was originally placed on:

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.