Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
I just downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but can't find the Download or Neighborhoods files etc. What do I need to do or do I just start it and create the other files later ????
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:06 AM
Folders are created while 1st run - that's why it takes a while.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
Default Ultimate Collection
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Folders are created while 1st run - that's why it takes a while.
Thanks for the response, now all I need to know is how to start the game. Also, can I add anything like Mansion and Garden Stuff ?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:53 PM
UC has all the EPs and SPs - no need to add anything. You can run it via Origin - unless you object to Origin, in which case, I think you can run it without firing up Origin but as I don't use UC, I don't actually know.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:32 PM
You can run it without Origin, but it takes a few workarounds, as described here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603256
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:35 PM
The UC is a collection of all the EP's and SP's. you do not need anything else.

Once you have downloaded it, start it (don't worry about disconnecting from Origin yet) and see if it works - we can help you to fix the problems once we know if there are any and what they are.

Enjoy - I have used the UC since it came out and moved it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the time came and it works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:24 AM
You will want to add the essential mod fixes and any other CC that you want, but apart from that the UC is complete, it even comes fully patched. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:15 PM
if you want game's loading to be done faster, some actions that might help::
-running computer's disc defragmenter
-increasing hard drive's free space through removal of various non-Sims2 content
-upgrading various hardware if you have enough money
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:30 PM
Default Origin
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The UC is a collection of all the EP's and SP's. you do not need anything else.

Once you have downloaded it, start it (don't worry about disconnecting from Origin yet) and see if it works - we can help you to fix the problems once we know if there are any and what they are.

Enjoy - I have used the UC since it came out and moved it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the time came and it works.

I have run it and seems to be fine but was trying to get away from Origin. Ran the Securom delete and then added a no disk thing. This was OK but then I deleted the Origin Folder and next time I tried to run the game it said I needed to reinstall Origin ??? What can I do short of reinstalling it ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:36 PM
I think you need to reinstall it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:05 AM
Yeah, you still need the folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:12 AM
How can I completely eliminate any action by ORIGIN ??? I'm afraid they will try to update my game and screw it up ??
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM
The alternative would be to buy used copies of The Sims 2 and its expansion & stuff packs via eBay or used game stores.

Otherwise, in regards to legal actions, you're confined to having Origin's software installed if you want to play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I'm sure it's stated in the Terms And Conditions of either the game or Origin.

It's one of the things I don't like about these DRM softwares. You want to buy the game so you can take it wherever you want along with playing it at your convenience. Yet game publishers want to sell you temporary "licenses" of the game so that whenever they feel like it, they can remove it and keep your money too.

It's not like in the past when you'd go to a store and buy CDs/DVDs with the software all prepared in installation cabinet files, with the necessary supporting files from other vendors...boy do I sound old, lol.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:20 AM
You can set Origin to not update automatically. You can also set it to not run when you launch the game. I've done both these things and I don't even have the latest Origin patch.
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
It's not like in the past when you'd go to a store and buy CDs/DVDs with the software all prepared in installation cabinet files, with the necessary supporting files from other vendors...boy do I sound old, lol.

even in these happy days you actually never bough "the software" itself, just a licence to use. The situation regarding DRMs - and in Sims2 current state Origin is not "DRM type application" nor solution, it's forced on you the Company's shop/commercial interface, the game has no such service anymore - depends on where you live. If you're US citizen, well you're mostly at the Company whim. In EU or some other countries things (in legal matter) may be very different.

Origin may be set up as said above to not update particular titles. Though you still have to waste resources for this crapware. You can also get last not infected executable and just swap them. Origin infestation was the only change they did, and if you do not intend to use Origin services you can forget it's existence (still you have to have it on the drive in case of Origins' Ultimate Collection version of the game).

I assume than Origin was already locked in firewall and it's services removed from autostart and put into sleep. It's anyway 1st thing to do.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Alchemist
#16 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Oct 2018 at 11:40 PM.
I don't do any complex work-around. I just point my desktop shortcut to the executable file, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe". In Windows 7, at least, it's really quite simple.
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:00 AM
@ElaineNualla

Yeah, that's true about only buying a license back then.

But then those publishers can't just pull the CD away if they decide they don't want players using the software anymore.

They wouldn't spend money to send a representative to arrive at your door asking for your copy of a game you bought from a store.

With games being purchased through Origin, Steam, or others, it's so easy to just pull it away AND to not refund for the purchase.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
#18 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:54 AM
@d_dgjdhh
well they could, it was just very inconvinient, anyway the whole point of Digital COntent is to seize the power on the customer and diminish any possible right he/she may have, it quite well works in the US (well if the Supreme Court decided than Company is "the person", what you'd expect?), EU and some other countries - that's another melody.

But we live in the era when operating systems acts like malware, so...

@Sunrader
that works only with non-infested executable, the "updated" one always call Origin, because EA love to know you play the Sims (among other things)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:02 PM
Default Origin
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I don't do any complex work-around. I just point my desktop shortcut to the executable file, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe". In Windows 7, at least, it's really quite simple.
I use the executable as mentioned, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" , in Windows 10, but still get all kinds of stuff from Origin. Just got a notice that I had uninstalled Seasons .... Im trying to get my CC installed and am having some problems, I think because some may be related to T&A. Trying to remove those I can but apparently haven't gotten all of it
Alchemist
#20 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
I use the executable as mentioned, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" , in Windows 10, but still get all kinds of stuff from Origin. Just got a notice that I had uninstalled Seasons .... Im trying to get my CC installed and am having some problems, I think because some may be related to T&A. Trying to remove those I can but apparently haven't gotten all of it

I don't know anything about it. I haven't heard from them in years.