Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:28 PM
Default New site colour scheme and other small things
Hi All,

Following feedback from large numbers of members who didn't like the previous grey colour scheme on MTS2, I've implemented a new default blue style for the site. (Of course, I thought the old colour scheme was blue anyway!)

Thanks to IndigoAK for the colours, and ElPresidente and Loverat for the tweaks. We've kept the old colour scheme still, so if you don't like the new one here is how to change:

Quick Links -> Edit Options -> Scroll down until you get to "Miscellaneous Options", then change Forum Skin to "MTS2 Grey".

Alternatively, on most pages you will see a drop down box right at the bottom with the styles in it, and you can change it there.

I've also changed the way the HTML is outputted for threads, so that very long threads get rendered by the browser a lot quicker. This should improve member usability.

Feel free to let us know what you think.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:30 PM
New scheme will definitely keep me awake during the wee hours of the morning trolling the site.
The One and Only
#3 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:41 PM
Thanks! :D

It was a learning experience for me to say the least, to work with such a great Admin and staff. I really enjoyed it and learned a few things that I didn't already know about vBulletin and CSS.

I couldn't have done my part without Delphy and the gang, and of course, my darling Firefox with the ColorZilla and WevDev extensions. :D
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:54 PM
This is definitely a perk! So nice to see the blue skies around here! Looks great!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:56 PM
Ohh you changed your title Daysies
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoAK
Thanks! :D

It was a learning experience for me to say the least, to work with such a great Admin and staff. I really enjoyed it and learned a few things that I didn't already know about vBulletin and CSS.

I couldn't have done my part without Delphy and the gang, and of course, my darling Firefox with the ColorZilla and WevDev extensions. :D

i like this colour much more than the gray . it's like my office all gray but that's going to change as well . good job a lot of people think it's hard to learn new typ's op internet coding but it's the oppsite and very easy and looks good to.
Dean Murphy

no ears
The One and Only
#7 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dean de beste
i like this colour much more than the gray . it's like my office all gray but that's going to change as well . good job a lot of people think it's hard to learn new typ's op internet coding but it's the oppsite and very easy and looks good to.
Dean Murphy

Once you play around with it (which is how I learn best -- tinkering), HTML, PHP, CSS, and all that other stuff isn't truly as hard as what people make it out to be. You just have to learn to view the code like it's going to come out when you're reading it. Once you've done that, the rest is easy.

Daysies: I was joking about making a pink theme to go along with this one because this one looks like the blue that make all that baby boy stuff out of. Delphy didn't take that too well. :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:09 PM
i love the blue it rocks, but i will always be a fan of pink, but baby blue is my second fav colour so rock on.
Mesh Maestro
#9 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:16 PM
I just poured my first cup of coffee and turned on my computer... Wow, I thought I just hadn't woke up fully yet... Very nice and eye appealing too, Good Job folks...
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:33 PM
Ahhh, my first thought was that my monitor was messed up. Thanks for caring about the small things. But as for the blue . . . well, let's just say I'm glad you kept the old color scheme too. :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:42 PM
WOW, I like it, looks great.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:43 PM
It was the first thing I noticed when I logged on...I was like "whoa!" but in a refreshing way...purrrrty!
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:46 PM
lol it's bright :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:04 PM
i like the older one better... lol... but this one is nice too
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:05 PM
It is quite bright. Nice that we have options, though I did have to change it back to the grey. The blue was just a bit too much, I was having a hard time seperating and reading the text.

She got a corpse under her bed.
She had her fun, but now he's dead.

~*~*~*~

R U Deviant?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:06 PM Last edited by toriamos : 27th Apr 2005 at 4:10 PM.
I liked the old screen I will be changing my back. I agree it was a light blue on my screen.
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:33 PM
I thought the old color scheme had just enough blue, and it looked fine to me. But I also like this new scheme. I will use this one for the meantime, possibly switching between them later on. Looks really good! :thumb:
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:32 PM
Its a pretty color, but i agree about toning it down a bit.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#19 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:35 PM
There will certainly be nobody claiming that the site is not actually blue anymore. It's seriously blue.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:38 PM
Thank you. I like the new colour very much.
Instructor
#21 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:46 PM
I LOVE the blue type,easier to see and read!!!

Great Job! :howdy:

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
The One and Only
#22 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:49 PM
I blame Loverat.

Seriously though, I think the whole pointing of starting this thread was feedback, so bring it on and we'll do our best to do whatever pleases the users in the end.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:57 PM
i have to agree with IndigoAK, if you did the first step in understanding, and you read it, it's not as difficult as it first looked like.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#24 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 4:58 PM
Well, this new colour sheme is... like a cartoon!

I appreciate very much all the work you do "behind the scenes" to keep this site always in best shape, I can't thank you enough; but as a matter of taste I prefer a less colourful scheme: my first reaction was to notice that my keyboard is B&W! LOL! :D

You said Quick Links -> Edit Options, right?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 5:15 PM
COOOL color!!! I thought I was on the wrong site for a moment LOOKS GREAT!!!!!
Page 1 of 4