Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#4401 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 9:10 PM
Oh I always love hearing/talking about cults in Sims 2.

Since in my neighbourhood Strangetown will be in the future of Pleasantview and Bella never disappeared I was thinking of starting a Bella Cult of women who dress and act like her to explain Strangetown's (fake) Bella.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4402 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 10:00 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 22nd Jul 2019 at 6:39 PM.
Gladly! I'm just going to copy & paste a previous response ! I guess technically they are religious? But it could easily not be as well.

It all started when Meghan Harris aged into a teenager and got a LTW to become the leader of a cult. Then her close friend Peyton also aged up with the same LTW so BINGO. They went to college and recruited Peyton's two brothers and three other non-related member as well. (Gotta get some mix in the genetics) I made Meghan the leader/queen since she has closer ties to Stella whom they worship lol. Plus she inherited the alien skin tone too, so its just more fitting lol. Peyton is her right hand woman and handles almost everything concerning the church. Peyton has a daughter via alien birth but isn't married. Her sole focus is the Church. (and her daughter lol) Her brother Adam is also married to Meghan.

Everyone, specially the women, must give birth to an alien spawn at least once in their lifetime. The men are also encouraged but the focus and pressure falls mostly on the women since thats how the lineage is passed down. And that's basically it to be honest lol. They are also required to give $1000 dollars (or whatever they have left if money is uber tight) every rotation to help out with all the debt they got into to start everything up. (Building a property that included the space for them to worship and for the Queen and her family to live in as well.) They also can't have anyone over who isn't part of their alien community. But the adults occasionally will try to talk to someone if they know they have alien descendants hoping to convert them. Plus they need more money !!! They actually encourage that people go to college (even if it puts them into debt) so they can have higher paying jobs therefor donating even more lol.

There's one day that I play the queen's household with aging off so I can get everyone together for 'worship'. They worship for a few hours and then enjoy a giant meal together afterwards and just hang out for the day making sure they get a relationship with each other. As of right now there are 21 members. Meghan also recently gave birth to an alien daughter so she will be the heir. I'll take picture next time I start the game Meghan's eldest daughter (that she had with her husband not via alien birth) will be heading off to college/the outside world so we'll see what happens."

Here are some pictures!
--------------------------------------------------------------

The first stop on my list is the Morgans. After realizing her and Noah were never going to happen, (he finally got married) Avery decided to marry Frances J Worthington. In typical sim fashion she invited him over, ask to be exclusive, got engaged and moved in! They got married the next day and went on a "family-moon" with Avery's daughter, Heather. They went to Simwai'i to have some alone time from the rest of the family. Avery also lives with her parents, her sister and her three kids.

Avery got off her birth control and started trying for Worthington IV on their trip so she returned pregnant! :lovestruc I really hope its a boy. I haven't played around with Frances' genetics so I'm curious to see how the baby turns out.

Kaleah took the all of the kids to the park on Sunday. I rarely go to community lots but with such a big household I wanted her to spend some one on one time with her kids.

Kody and Aubrey are getting old. Won't be too long until Avery and Frances take over the family home. With a little one the way, Kaleah will have to make room and move out soon. She makes decent money right now so hopefully she'll get a promotion soon and she'll be able to easily afford to live on her own and support the triplets.

----------------------------------

The Harris household had a lot going in the two days that I played. Kara recently graduated from SSU with a bachelors in business. Right away she took a loan out and bought a tea house. She invited her mother over for the opening to see how things would run. Seems to run okay, though not very many people were drinking tea lol , they just mostly kind of hung out within the lot. For the opening, she'll be having really cheap prices but after that she'll have to raise them if she expects any decent income. Also there wasn't much for her to really do so I just made them drink tea as well lol.

Her little brother Elijah and his wife Margot just had a baby girl. They are already on their second kid and Elijah is a day away from aging into an adult (Margot just aged into one)

On the last day, Elijah, Madeline and Matthew all aged up. Elijah was bummed he couldn't attend college but hey, thats life. Madeline aged into a toddler, she definitely resembles daddy. Matthew aged into a child. And in the middle of eating some cake Margot got a pregnant belly Yay. They still don't have jobs but at this point it looks like only Elijah will be working. I could have sworn I put her on birth control too.

Because Casey recently retired, (and he's going to die soon) he decided to renovate his studio into a play room for his beloved grandchildren since the kids are sharing a tiny room at the moment.

They've got their last family vacation lined up for the next session. I'm debating if I should bring the toddler too. Just seems like a lot of work lol.
Forum Resident
#4403 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 10:26 PM
Lilith had a little girl named Darlene
Field Researcher
#4404 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 11:23 PM
Pleasantview - First five days of Spring

After getting out of jail, Dustin Broke moved in with his best friend Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer. He and Lindsay Mamuyac are taking it slow - she hasn't told him that Tamara is his daughter, and she definitely hasn't told him that she gave their son away - but their relationship is blossoming. Lilith and Dirk, not so much. Dirk caught Lilith cheating with Matthew Picaso and he is furious. Looks like Dustin is going to have to lock them in a room together until they decide to reconcile.

Jessica Picaso has no idea about Matthew or Lilith's betrayal (they are best friends!) With 4 teenage boys in the house, she's got her hands full. Matty is spending a lot of time with his new girlfriend, Ilana, and Mark, Richard and Vincent are in a constant three-way competition to prove who is the strongest and who will make the best soldier.

Angela and Jimmy Phoenix are making their small house work, despite their three kids getting older. Robbie's a teenager now, and he's living in their garage. Angela is still prioritizing her career in Show Business and her side-hobby of novel writing. Jimmy is a Lawyer, but still finds time for the kids. Somehow they never have enough money for Angela's liking.

Elysse Asimov (adopted daughter of the late Mary-Sue and her wife Gretchen Asimov) sold the Pleasant family home when her mother died. She's now living in a town house which will be party central. The biggest party that she's planning will be her wedding to Beau Broke, but it will have to wait until his youngest sister, Lori Carr, goes off to university. When his mother Brandi died, her husband and Lori's father, Joe took off in his grief. He and Gretchen were last heard from when they sent their children postcards from the Far East.

Skipper Broke and Imogen Dreamer, Elysse's best friends and sorority sisters, have also just moved back to Pleasantview. Maybe Skipper will decide to marry Cyd Roseland who has been in love with her for years...or maybe not. Neither she nor Imogen are ready to take on too many responsibilities, which is why Imogen didn't move back in with her younger siblings - Bella, Ilana and Derek - when their mother Cassandra died. The triplets can take care of themselves, can't they? Ilana's relationship with Matty Picaso is just puppy love...isn't it?

Imogen's older sisters are also living their own lives. Danna just married Gaming Hobbiest Makoto Travers and their daughter Correen has another sibling on the way. Corrie is just about ready to find her own path in life, confident that Makoto won't let Danna burn down another kitchen. You can help Corrie decide what her path should be in my thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=621105

Their uncle, Alexander Goth, continues to act as the head of the Goth family. Boy is that position full of difficulties. Dina Goth, his father's widow, has earned her place in the estate. Besides, he needs to keep an eye on her - after all, she's the only other person who knows that Mortimer turned out to be a murderer who killed Bella Goth, Don Lothario, and others. He's rather spend time with his husband, Jerry, and their adopted son Diego, and running the restaurant they bought together. The house has gotten awfully crowded now that his half-siblings Nimuae and Elaine moved back from boarding school, and Lance, Elaine's twin, is now living in the room in which Mortimer starved Don to death.

What Alex doesn't know is even worse. Dina did share the secret of Mortimer's insanity with another daughter, Viviane. She also revealed that Arthur, supposedly her son and their heir to the entire Goth Estate, is actually a child she purchased to give Mortimer the heir he desperately wanted. Had she known she would have Lance, it would not have been necessary, but Mortimer was dangerous. Viviane is too. She and Arthur both disappeared. Alex has a private detective looking for them, but Dina found them first. They are now married and awaiting their first child. Arthur only knows that he and Viviane are not actually related, and he loves her desperately. Viviane, on the other hand, prefers women and is only waiting for a son that will ensure the Goth Legacy is in her control.

Thankfully there is one Goth who is far away from this drama. Morganna, the eldest child of Dina and Mortimer, is away at school, studying fashion. She's enjoying her life and has plans to marry Ian Burb when she graduates from school. He is living with his parents as both are getting frail. They are pleased to know that he is taken care of. John and Jennifer wish for a better partner for Lucy's second marriage. Her first to Jay, from which she got her son Jason, ended rather badly. Jay just didn't understand who Lucy was. Hopefully he will be happier with his new fiancee Karen. Lucy, on the other hand, is seriously considering marrying Beth - but after the failure of her first marriage is still a little gun shy.

Their youngest daughter, Willa, has no interested in marriage. She just wants to enjoy the company of as many women as possible.

And why should they marry? After Jennifer's brother, Daniel Pleasant, divorced Mary-Sue, he didn't remarry. He and Nina Caliente had a beautiful relationship for years. Nina still desperately misses him, although she is so proud of her daughter Gina and son Danny. They are both teens now and really coming into their own.

And that is what happened in Pleasantview in the first half of Spring.
Forum Resident
#4405 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:43 PM.
Feeling guilty for their treatment of Bella, Nina got her out and they stayed with the Lothario's til Bella got on her feet, Darren and Nina started dating, after getting home from their first date Darren was struck by lightning getting out of the car. Bella was finally stable enough to get custody of Alexander, and the two are moving to a new home. Though they were there for Nina and Darren's private wedding, and stayed with Dirk til they got back from their Island honeymoon, while on their honeymoon they went to dinner at the hotel and the server dropped the tray of food on Darren. Nina is now pregnant with their first child.
Scholar
#4406 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:28 PM
Despite promising myself that my megahood would be my only hood, I've just started a third hood! I was reading the "Testers Wanted" post for a Monopoly challenge, and although that game wasn't exactly what I wanted to play (I like my Sims to age and new generations to succeed them), I decided it might be fun to have one family take over an entire hood (but not exactly a Legacy either). I already had an uninhabited Emerald Heights waiting for me to do something with it, so here's the new story:

Emerald Heights used to be green and beautiful, but then the water dried up, for reasons unknown, and it became deserted. This much is HBG history. However, while in most dimensions a highway was apparently built that gave new life to the area, in this case the Bigwig Llamas at SimCity Central decided that the city could be restored more cheaply by private enterprise, and launched a contest to decide who should undertake this project. It would, they promised, ultimately lead to great wealth, if not for the founders themselves, then certainly for their descendants. "Assure the future of your grandchildren and your grandchildren's grandchildren!" was the favourite slogan used on nearly all the ads.

There were many applicants, and after several rounds of interviews, the lucky (?) couple awarded the contract were Matthew and Jessica Picaso. Newly married and both in the military, they were also keen to raise a large family - just the sort of people the Llamas were looking for. Following their appointment, they were invited to SimCity Central to look over the maps and building information the scouts had drawn up, and it was finally agreed that the best place for them to start would be the apartment building at 1 River Turn Road. The building had apartments of all different sizes, so they could start in a one-bedroom and gradually work their way up as their family expanded.

The military duly fixed up that building and made sure that it had a reliable water and power supply. Matthew and Jessica would pay them rent, and it would be the only building that would be supported in this way: if they or their descendants wished to live elsewhere, they would have to purchase the property from the central government and make their own provisions for water and power.

Matthew and Jessica have now been living in the apartment for five days and four nights. Matthew received a promotion on three of the four days that he went to work, and Jessica is already fulfilling her part of the bargain, having given birth to their first child, Sophia. She is waiting for Matthew to have a day off so that she can go into work and get a promotion herself before conceiving the next child - she is effectively being paid to have babies, which she wants to do anyway, so she couldn't be happier.
Test Subject
#4407 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:23 PM
Okay, so after twelve-plus years of game play, I finally bought University...as much as I love music and sims band stories, just what was my problem, right? Oh yeah, and the bubble blower. Just duh.

I'm a notorious cheater, but I really wanted my students to do the right thing. I played Sam Thomas, Ty Bubbler and Jared Starchild and housed them in the Pinenut Plaza dorms. I put 2 lovely and very public bathtubs in the hallway on the first floor, which all of the students seemed to love using without my direction. They must have all been rather outgoing, because no one else batted an eyelash when other students whipped out of their clothes and hopped in. I also put a toilet at the microwave end of the kitchen--behind a screen, I'm not always a complete jerk. This also came in quite handy because making it to the second floor bathrooms didn't always end with success. Plus Ty, being the neatest of the three, was spending way too much time away from his studies mopping up puddles.

With the strange addiction to increasing his cleaning skills aside, Ty pretty much lived for two things: achieving and maintaining a 4.0 grade average, and playing bass in the band formed by Sam Thomas (drums) which included Jared Starchild (electric guitar). The first two years that's all they did--go to class, study, write timely term papers and full-on jam in the living room all other waking hours. Pinenut Plaza became the place to hang and and party and firmly saved the three freshman from lives of total geekdom, social obscurity and a never-ending state of virginity. Even professors stopped by to jam with them or drop some much-needed Simoleons in the jar.

I created a new freshman to join their dorm, Tila Rasmussen, in their sophomore year; a trip and the luggage, that girl. Tila, an economics major, really wanted to join he band, who needed a fourth instrumentalist/singer; however, she developed a rather unhealthy relationship with a cow plant, and also had no real talent other than looking smashing in tight black leggings. Jared was open to letting the girl audition; Sam and Ty absolutely did not like Tila because she creeped them out majorly.

There were some interesting milestones:

Ty met and fell in love with Arianna Mace; they got engaged before graduation. Because Ty's father had been an unsuccessful musician and Ty had seen the darker side of the music business for himself, he secretly desired to quit the band and live a regular life with Arianna. By the end of senior year he was still grappling to break that news to Sam and Jared; he graduated Magna Cum Laude.

Sam's band was approached by a record label suit at the Campus Lounge early in their freshman year; he endeavored to sign Sam alone, and not the trio. She easily rejected the offer.
Somehow, Sam pledged Urele-Oresha-Cham House and got accepted in sophomore year, but never made it to a toga party. Being a drummer herself, she did develop a crush on Castor Nova but never acted upon it. Sam graduated Magna Cum Laude.

Jared became quite the ladies man and ultra cool, tall drink of water; it seems that everything he did was touched by the Gods; his studies were easy for him and he was looking forward to a career as a rock star. Jared graduated Summa Cum Laude.

By Sam, Jared and Ty's senior year Tila had improved her musical skills enough to finally garner an audition with them; but her shady extracurricular activities and failing grades caused her to drop out of school late in her junior year.

At this point in the game it is a little over a year after graduation; each student moved back home temporarily to deal with being penniless peons and get their respective bearings...

Ty has dropped out of sight; the last two times Sam and Jared saw him was at Ty's father's funeral; and then his subsequent wedding, where Arianna Mace left a devastated Ty at the altar.

Jared has gotten a cool job at DB Electronics as a texture artist. Jared, being Jared, loves his job and especially all of the hot women who work there.

Sam Thomas is doing better than most college graduates thanks to her own hard work--and her mother's generous purse strings. She works as a career counselor while she staves off her mother's expectation that she will continue school to get her master's degree in psychology. Meanwhile, she and Jared have just reconnected; they're worried about Ty, want to find him; they talk of getting the band back together and search for a fourth member. Of course, this will make Sam's mother livid and most-definitely cause her to end all of Sam's current financial support. Sam is torn between following her dreams, or doing the practical, less risky thing--continuing school to obtain her Master's. Oh yeah...and Jared has some interesting news to share about Tila which will absolutely boil Sam's blood.
Mad Poster
#4408 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:00 AM
From the Magnolia Park Gazette

Press Release from the Magnolia Academy:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

12 students from Magnolia Park have passed their first semester, with grades ranging from C+ to A+.
Congratulations to Vicky Holt who made the Dean's List.

12 students from Magnolia Park have passed their sophomore year with grades ranging from C to A+
Congratulations to Barbara Appleby who made the Dean's List.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Theorist
#4409 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 11:51 PM
So Malcolm Landgraab III's and Cassandra's son, Malcolm IV has gone and graduated from college and brought home a wife, Jamie. In addition to that Cassandra had to take in her niece Morgana. So I expanded the Landgraab mansion (which by itself is already a refurbished/expanded Monty Villa) I added a second floor with a gallery along the inner court including a littler "bridge" over the entrance. I'm overall really happy with it. Malcolm IV and Jamie also had their first child: a daughter named Emilia/Mimi.

Meanwhile things were less harmonious in the Bachelor Household. Dorian (Michael's son) and Kate's daughter, Jocelyn went to college and ended up dropping out, getting pregnant by and marrying her boyfriend, Mickey Dosser. because of this Kate (who is the bread winner in the family) has cut off Jocelyn and the two of them became enemies. This depressed Kate and she sought solace in the arms of her on-again off-again extramartial boyfriend, Landon Wolff. Dorian caught them in bed together, and the couple divorced. Now Kate is a high ranking lawyer, so she managed to keep the money and the house, and Dorian after his second divorce and aging up to an elder, will have to move in with his older daughter Paris and her husband.

I'm also almost finished with adding the University Premades to the main neighbourhood. I think they'll all be out of university by the rotation after the next one (at least the ones that start the game already living in the various Universities, the bin students will still take a little bit longer). Of course that unfortunately raises the population and I'm now at 239 Sims, but it also injects some much needed new blood into my hood (it kinda became very related to each other)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#4410 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 12:38 AM
Beside removing a bunch of stuff in builts there made them not working - have I've gone so far to finally be done with Veronaville for round 2+3.
Cyd Roseland had a 3 bolter with Bianca Monty, resulting in her moving in.
And Mercutio went off to college. The twins also grew up into teens and I was like Benedick is properly gonna be gay or some shit and in randomizer he rolled his attraction towards beards. I knew the shit before it went down lol
And for the Capps... not much happened on their side. I think Tybalt went to college?

And that moved me on to pleasantview where Kent Capp moved into a trailer in the trailer park and Cassandra and Vidcund moved into a giant farmhouse which would suit their family. It's old, used dark furniture but also has some modern twists here and there because of Vidcund's love for sci-fi (even though he admittedly is stuck in the 70s)

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#4411 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 8:15 AM
From the Magnolia Park Gazette:

The well-known mad scientist, Morgan Anderson, was abducted by aliens on the first Monday in spring, resulting in the birth of the first alien baby in Magnolia Park, a healthy boy named Miles.
Mr Anderson confirmed this. "Miles is a lovely baby and easy to like. I am very happy to have him in my life." He just smiled when we asked him if he planned on staying single now that there is a child in his life.
Mr Anderson is, of course, an extremely eligible bachelor, who has been seen in the company of several women.
Rumour has it that he is waiting for young Vicky Holt, who recently made the Dean's List, to graduate. Mr Anderson declined to comment.
We did get a comment from Mr Anderson's brother, Darryl. "All of us have been friends with the Holt family for years. We have known Vicky since her toddler stage. She is only in her second semester at Uni, and has a long way to go before graduation."

From me: The course of true love never did run smooth.
Lab Assistant
#4412 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:04 PM
Yesterday I started a new neighbourhood named Hopes Peak, and it is the first neighbourhood in my long, long history of playing the Sims 2 I have ever stuck with. I’ve been playing it mostly nonstop for the past two days, so forgive me if I'm being a bit rambly.

I started with two ladies, Vinni and Alicia Smith-Valieri, and their lovely toddler daughter Vivian. Vinni, a rough tomboy thorough and through, wanted to join a criminal gang like she did as a teen (ok, she did generic CaS stuff as a teen but I have backstories goddamn it!) but decided to join the law to give her daughter a good role model, whereas Alicia would have stayed at home if not for a want to join the music career popping up when it was an option in the papers. She got fired quickly, but enjoyed having a job and quickly got a new one in the Slacker career.

Vivian is a sweet, albeit shy girl who adores her toy xylophone- she is at a five in creativity before even growing up. As a child prodigy, upon coming of age she wanted to do well at school and increase her creativity skill even more, and soon got straight A's. However, despite reaching Level Nine in creativity before even reaching teenagerhood, Vivian didn’t make any friends, being scared and uncomfortable around people she doesn’t know. Somewhere along this point, the family acquired a counterfeiting machine Vinni got in her criminal past.

When Vivian turned a teen, Alicia thought it’d be good for the girl to make friends, and thus invited a close friend, a girl named Meadow Thayer only a few months older than Vivian, for a small birthday party. While the party was a disaster, Meadow and Vivian quickly grew enamoured with one another. Vivian was terrified of rejection, though not yet knowing her feelings for Meadow. But when she invited Meadow over to hang out the next day, Meadow surprised her with a kiss, and the two quickly fell in love and went on a date at the local coffee shop.

That’s where I’m up to now- I had to take a break because Vivian and Meadow are super adorable (thanks, ACR!) and I may have a heart attack if I don’t take a break. I also forgot to mention adopting a cat named Luna just because I can’t exactly remember where it fits in the timeline. Luna hates pet food and refuses to eat it, but has an appetite for Sim food, though she has a tendency to eat rotten food and get a bit sick. I like to assign ages to my Sims for quick personal reference, so Alicia and Vinni are in their mid-30s, Vivian and Meadow are thirteen, and Luna the cat is three or fourish. I might post a picture of Vivian and Meadow being the cutest in the Sim Couple picture thread if I can tear myself away from them lol.

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Instructor
#4413 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterRed
I also forgot to mention adopting a cat named Luna just because I can’t exactly remember where it fits in the timeline. Luna hates pet food and refuses to eat it, but has an appetite for Sim food, though she has a tendency to eat rotten food and get a bit sick. I like to assign ages to my Sims for quick personal reference, so Alicia and Vinni are in their mid-30s, Vivian and Meadow are thirteen, and Luna the cat is three or fourish. I might post a picture of Vivian and Meadow being the cutest in the Sim Couple picture thread if I can tear myself away from them lol.

Heh, I have a RL cat named Luna, but she (and her 2 brothers) are 7. In 2012 we brought in 3 outside cats - all turned out to be pregnant females.
Lab Assistant
#4414 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
Heh, I have a RL cat named Luna, but she (and her 2 brothers) are 7. In 2012 we brought in 3 outside cats - all turned out to be pregnant females.

I actually named her after my real life cat named Luna, because they looked so similar as kittens. Now she looks nothing like the real one lol. But she’s great- both the real and Sim one!

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Mad Poster
#4415 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:37 PM
My son has a cat named Luna. He recently adopted a new rescue, a very attractive black boy named Beetlejuice. They were wanting at some point to let Luna have one litter of kittens, but had to change that. She was putting the moves on Beetlejuice. He was still a little young, but....it wasn't going to end well.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#4416 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:37 PM
Over in Poverty Point, John Henry Oates has been an adult for a couple of rotations now, and has diverted the family income from paying off his parents' mortgage to building a 4x4 extension on the back of their cabin to provide a private bedroom for himself and his bride-to-be, Tosha Go. Tosha can't move in, though, until the second Oates child, Hermione, grows up and moves out to marry Randy London, so adoptive parents Irving and Grace are using the room in the interim, enjoying a little privacy for the first time in many, many years.

The third child, Hubert, has finished school and is now earning a full-time wage (just as well, as his boss was getting worried about employing a school-boy with such poor grades), while the baby of the family, Lilith, has become a teenager and got an after-school job. So the Oateses are currently an eight-income family, with two pensions, three full-time salaries and three after-school salaries. Nobody except Hermione is earning more than a pittance, but 'many a mickle makes a muckle,' as the saying goes, and it shouldn't be too much longer before the last two mortgage bushes can be paid off and John Henry can start making further improvements to the cabin - things like windows, and not having a mud floor, are pretty high on his list!
Mad Poster
#4417 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 3:36 AM
Joy-Anna, The Hart family's 4th daughter became a teen. She's a family sim with a turn on for red hair and charisma, and a turn off for logic. She instantly whistled at her older brother's girlfriend - the charismatic (and bisexual) redhead; Ruby Caliente. This could make for an interesting storyline

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4418 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 6:57 AM
At the Land Grant University attached to Widespot, Andy Bellum realized he wanted to get engaged to Ida Juana Knowe, so he asked her on a date, and instead of going to a campus venue he took her to The Gate Restaurant in the Enclave in Bigg City. They had to get all dressed up to get in. Obligingly they talked about Love; it was very sweet. He popped the question right there at the table and she accepted.

Then, being a Popularity sim, after he fulfilled wants to hug her and kiss her, he rolled wants for a party and lost all his erotic wants. So he took her back to the frat and threw an engagement party, introducing her to his father and little sister. (He's not actually friends with his mom and she didn't come.) After he pulled a water balloon prank on his sister he started rolling date wants again, so he and Ida Juana sneaked upstairs to woohoo while his dad was cleaning up old pizza, various guests played pool and raided the fridge, and Hi started putting the moves on a secret society member who had previously boinked the third frat brother, Chaz Whippler.

Chaz retaliated by flirting with Ida Juana's sorority sister, Helen Wheels. Date over, Ida Juana came down to work the DJ booth and Andy took a bubble bath. Hi asked Secret Society Shelley on a date as the party was winding down and they headed upstairs, resulting in Hi finally losing his virginity. He's more than halfway through his sophomore year and had started to be worried.

It was a good day at the frat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#4419 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 6:10 PM
Ginger Schwartz (Newson) had the worst luck with birth control during her household's most recent rotation. Her and townie husband Joop started off the week with their twin toddlers who had been born during the last rotation. They hadn't even been potty trained yet. Sometime during Monday Ginger and Joop snuck off to their room to have some fun. Tuesday poor Ginger's needs starting dropping and she experienced morning sickness. Though I was a bit worried about another possible set of multiples, the house was big enough to accommodate them, even with Garrett, Georgia, and now Emma Picaso being there. It had had to be big enough for the Newsons as kids, after all. I checked to make certain she was on birth control via ACR and seeing that she was I chalked it up to failure. Three days later she gave birth to single child, the toddlers were shuffled to what had been the hobby room, and they settled in to do their best. While things were hectic and the pair were often tired, they still enjoyed each other's company. And onn Saturday, while trying to get breakfast done and sims squared away, Ginger once again suffered a bout of morning sickness. I checked again that she was on birth control and she was. Just to be safe, I clicked it off and on so that hopefully the poor woman will get a break from all the babymaking in the next rotation
Forum Resident
#4420 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 9:22 PM
Getting the first set of Sims graduated from college. Zane Brown (from Oresha-Hoh-Var) has moved back to Strangetown to take care of his elderly mother Dayna (Shane Brown, the postal worker, is his older brother). Zane brought his frat bro Blaine Mace (younger brother of Larry Mace the cop) with him, and they're just now settling in. (I expanded the house a little so I could get in a second bedroom and bathroom.)

Trevor Avery graduated on schedule, but Aram Couderc seems to have been on Advanced Placement and insisted on graduating right after him. So they're now sharing a house Downtown and looking for employment. (Aram was always going to be living Downtown because it's a port city and he majored in Oceanography.) Although Trevor majored in Art, he just rolled a Want to enter the Science career, wassup with that, EAxis?

Oresha-Hoh-Var isn't going to be deserted - they hustled to add some more frat boys. Currently in residence are Paul Corsillo (last of the starter group), Randolph Davis, Lester Forbes, and Basil Mubarak. (I think they all started as game-created dormies. Aram, Zane, Blaine and Trevor aged up from teens.) Johnny Smith and the not-related River Smith are nonresident members. Oresha has its eye on Sandy Dashwood, from Rick Grant's (formerly Ripp Grunt's) dorm, which will be...interesting. Sandy gave behavior signals that he prefers men, thank you very much, while Randolph seems to go both ways. They would make a very pretty couple.

Meanwhile the Secret Society seems to be inducting absolutely everybody, even from Oresha-Hoh-Var (I thought they didn't poach on Greek houses - guess I was wrong).

Haven't been working with Tri-Frum much, but Bedelia Balkis, who rechartered it, is approaching graduation and they'll be needing to add members too.
Forum Resident
#4421 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 10:23 AM
At the Brokes did Brandi get in bed with John Burb while still bringing pregnant with her third child.
Then Jennifer came by while Brandi and John was kissing and that resulted in John and Jennifer breaking up. John looked happy through the whole process.
The day after Brandi and John got married so now is Brandi called Brandi Burb.
After the marriage she gave birth to a little girl (idk how because she wasn’t linked to skip last I checked) called Aruna.
She is already expecting again and both her and John is family sims but taken he moved in with very little money and that Brandi is already poor - surviving on whatever Dusting earns then it’s quite the problem because there isn’t space for another child unless they sell the washing machine or get a dog house for Aruna to sleep in when she becomes a toddler.
Point is things don’t look to good if the car isn’t fixed up soon but I don’t feel like I want to built on the trailer they have. If anything they properly would buy a second trailer unless John gets a job where he can earn money?
Would teacher be a good place for this man, idk.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#4422 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 1:29 PM

Due to twelve students who have graduated, and another twelve who should be graduating in the not too distant future, there is suddenly a shortage of housing in Magnolia Park.
The local architect has been in a meeting with the council to address the problem all day. He has told us earlier that not enough stats have been made available to plan this properly.
"It is not fair to assume we need 24 new starter houses. Some graduates may want to move in with groups of friends, there are bound to be some marriages and some may want to move back in with their parents."

We will bring you the news of all the graduates soon.
Lab Assistant
#4423 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 5:16 PM
Lately I've been trying to fix up Veronaville, especially the Monty side where I added more Spanish style homes. Remodeled the Monty Ranch and next I'm remodeling the Summerdream mansion and possibly moving it's location. I haven't touched the unoccupied Tudor style homes.

I'm debating creating a couple other families for Veronaville. It doesn't make sense to me for such a large town to only have two prominent families.

I know a lot of people don't love Veronaville but I really want to make this hood as interesting as Pleasantview and Strangetown for my megahood. I love Shakespeare and always felt Maxis fell short with this hood. Pleasantview and Strangetown just seem more thought out on their end.
Mad Poster
#4424 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 12:51 PM

Barbara Appleby has graduated.
She has made the Dean's List, and then, after getting engaged to Juan Harris from the Mountains, had a roof raiser of a graduation party.
Barbara will move back in with her parents until her wedding, which is taking place soon.
She told us that she met Juan Harris during a dancing lesson at university. "I noticed him at once," she said, "but then he started slap dancing and my heart was stolen."
Barbara is hoping to find a job in the Education career soon.
Instructor
#4425 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:03 PM
Actually didn't play yesterday at all. I was very sick. Was almost certainly Norovirus. That knocked me flat.
Page 177 of 351