Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
Default How do you "Collect Plant Samples"?
I got a notification that my Astronaut-career Sim had increased his Logic to L2, and that he can now Collect Plant Samples and Analyze them under a Microscope. I just sent him and his roomie to the park, have clicked on everything, and there are no options for Collect Plant Samples. Should I send him somewhere else than the park?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:42 PM
You need a mid-range level of the Gardening skill to "Take Cutting" from plants.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
You need a mid-range level of the Gardening skill to "Take Cutting" from plants.

Well, that's confusing, because the notification I got for my astronaut Sim (who has NO gardening) says: "Derek can now Collect Plant Samples and Analyze them under a Microscope." And that this is a result of having reached Logic Level 2.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM
It is VERY confusing. What it means is, "Derek can now take collected plant samples (if he has any) and analyze them under a Microscope".
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM
Taking cuttings and taking samples are two different activities. Cuttings come from plants you have grown in your garden. Samples come from plants you find in the wild. Cuttings require a mid range of gardening skill. Samples require level 2 or better Logic.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasta13
Taking cuttings and taking samples are two different activities. Cuttings come from plants you have grown in your garden. Samples come from plants you find in the wild. Cuttings require a mid range of gardening skill. Samples require level 2 or better Logic.

So, where do I find these samples from the wild? Because I didn't find any in the park.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
They will be sparkling little plants all around town. There is usually a couple around every house I've moved sims into.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM

Wait, really? No wonder I could never get it to work. lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:31 AM
They will be sparkling little plants all around town. There is usually a couple around every house I've moved sims into.

Thanks, Kasta--I sent my Sim home and had him "Go Here" a couple times, and found sparkling plants! Clicking on them yielded "Collect Microscope Samples"!!!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
And more fun discoveries--Derek could also Collect Microscope Samples from his own basil and parsley plants in his raised bed garden, and clicking on his "Life Under a Microscope" allowed him to "Analyze Plant Sample", which yielded a botanical print worth $220!