Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#16476 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:26 AM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16477 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 3:17 PM
Jettstar RLC 6-16 'Creepshow'

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Lab Assistant
#16478 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 9:24 PM
Lab Assistant
#16479 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:58 PM
I decided to do another today, because I probably won't get the chance tomorrow. I might get Felix's special out later this evening, but I might save it for Monday. It's not done yet.

Serena - Forgiving and Forgetting
Lab Assistant
#16480 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 1:17 AM
And here is Felix's special!

Felix - A Letter to the Future

And the heir poll is here:

Generation 3 Heir Poll
Test Subject
#16481 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 3:42 PM
Hello all!

I have a new chapter, in which the children prove they only have one brain cell between them all: Chapter 5.7 - Disaster Children
Lab Assistant
#16482 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 5:41 PM
I decided to close the poll a little early, since no one had voted for more than a day, and I'd gotten ten votes already. So...

And the winner is...
Test Subject
#16483 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 6:52 PM
Well, I'm back. Hopefully this legacy lasts more than 1 chapter.

https://souleaterrandomlegacy.home....the-first-days/
Scholar
#16484 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:42 AM
Lab Assistant
#16485 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 5:42 AM
Jettstar RLC 6-17 Situation Normal

It's behind schedule, it's short, it's all I got right now...

Test Subject
#16486 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 8:29 PM
So... I was playing through the legacy when my game crashed so bad that it crashed my laptop :/

FML

Sorry for the lack of updates :/
Scholar
#16487 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 1:51 PM
Y'all. I got writer's block. It's real bad. I'm having trouble deciding how to cover events in my game and also am having trouble finding my characters voices.
Inventor
#16488 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quick question: how does Idle Career work with Showtime careers?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Scholar
#16489 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 6:49 PM
Gen 1.10 Parole

So I've got some vignettes written, but not much to connect them...
Scholar
Original Poster
#16490 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Quick question: how does Idle Career work with Showtime careers?

Ouch... hmm... that's not a roll I play by and not one I came up with (to be fair most aren't!) so I'm not sure what its author would have said. Showtime was a later expansion and possibly came out after idle careers was introduced.

"Idle career - Your heir won't make much effort in his/her career. Don't learn any skills, read any books or do any opportunities for the career. If you've rolled a career that will level its skill just by working at all (such as Artist), you are allowed to learn only 2 levels per week for the required skill. If you’ve rolled for the adventurer career, you’re only allowed 2 travels per week. These restrictions apply only to your heir, not to other adults in their generation."

So, the showtime careers don't have "skills" per se. Your sim just gets better at what they do once they earn enough job experience to get a rank up. I guess you could count career advancement levels as "levels" in this case. Meaning it would take 10 sim weeks to get to the top of the career. Unfortunately a lot of showtime career stuff involves opportunities. Maybe you could just do every other one (instead of every one) until your two levels for the week are done?
Scholar
#16491 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 5:02 PM
Gen 1.11 Hazel Makes a Friend

I've just decided to go ahead and publish the shorter vignettes I've written and hope they lead somewhere...
Inventor
#16492 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Ouch... hmm... that's not a roll I play by and not one I came up with (to be fair most aren't!) so I'm not sure what its author would have said. Showtime was a later expansion and possibly came out after idle careers was introduced.

"Idle career - Your heir won't make much effort in his/her career. Don't learn any skills, read any books or do any opportunities for the career. If you've rolled a career that will level its skill just by working at all (such as Artist), you are allowed to learn only 2 levels per week for the required skill. If you’ve rolled for the adventurer career, you’re only allowed 2 travels per week. These restrictions apply only to your heir, not to other adults in their generation."

So, the showtime careers don't have "skills" per se. Your sim just gets better at what they do once they earn enough job experience to get a rank up. I guess you could count career advancement levels as "levels" in this case. Meaning it would take 10 sim weeks to get to the top of the career. Unfortunately a lot of showtime career stuff involves opportunities. Maybe you could just do every other one (instead of every one) until your two levels for the week are done?

Thanks. What I decided to do with those rolls was start in a world that doesn't have any gig locations. I'm assuming I can perform for tips, though.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#16493 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I'm assuming I can perform for tips, though.

Yes, my Magician is at level 8, due to practicing and performing for tips. She has performed only 2 gigs in her career, (which seemed to have little impact.) I consider her an idle Magician rather than a serious career person.

Scholar
#16494 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:46 PM
Gen 1.12 An Important Phone Call The plot thickens, like a good stew.
Lab Assistant
#16495 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 5:19 PM
Idle Careers is the only roll I have excluded from my play (well maybe the celebrity thing if I ever rolled it) precisely because of that. A lot of professions or "other" careers (i.e. dumpster diving, collecting, animal wrangler...) don't really work with it, while the skill learning restriction can be bypassed easily by learning relevant skills as a child/teen. It's a really strange roll that imo doesn't go well with any non-classic careers so I just ignore that one.
Test Subject
#16496 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 5:23 PM
Hello again!

As most of you are aware, my game keeps on breaking, which I suppose is what happens when a nearly 10 year old game keeps breaking in on itself. Because of this, I am struggling to finish Generation Five, due to the fact that as soon as I make good progress, my game crashes and I lose everything.

Therefore, I have some solutions to this problem, and want to know what you guys this I should do:

A) Abandon ship and start afresh.

B) Push through Generation Five and save regularly, praying that I gen enough content to blog about it.

Or

C) Skip Generation Five, and start Generation Six straight away in a brand new save. Chloe will still be around as an elder, but Robin will be sadly deceased by then.

I'm unsure of what to do, as I really want to continue on the legacy as Christine has the potential to be my new favourite heiress of the legacy.

Let me know what you think I should do, and I'll try and return to the family as soon as I can!

EDIT: Chloe's Generation Goal has already been completed, so there's no need to worry about failing the challenge. This will purely be to save the legacy so Christine can take over.
Scholar
#16497 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 7:58 PM
How about saving the family to the bin and starting a new file in a new town and plopping them down? You'll lose the family tree, but keep the game going
Lab Assistant
#16498 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 11:40 PM
@ Toolsie
I'm inclined to agree with Tunafishfish solution, this looks like my legacies next step for the same reasons.

Lab Assistant
#16499 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:32 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Tunafishfish solution, this looks like my legacies next step for the same reasons, except I cant get my game to load as far as choosing a save atm...

6.18 Teh Apocalypse Is Nigh

Another super short filler to remind myself that I'm not dead yet!

Scholar
#16500 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:58 AM
I think this is my longest chapter yet Gen 1.13 It... Could... Work!
Page 660 of 676