Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:38 AM
Default Dramatic stuff Opinions
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for *realistic* ideas a teenager might face that are dramatic and/or depressing. Why, you probably may not ask? I recently wrote a fairly short story (About 30 pages) and am posting it to a private website of mine.
So far, I've got these:
-Main character, Alexa, finds out she's been told a lie her whole life (that she was adopted)... not too dramatic, but that's how she takes it
-Alexa's adoptive mother dies in a car accident that Alexa was also hurt in
-While in the hospital, A (Alexa)'s best friend, Naomi, dumps her. (The friendship kind of 'dump.')
-Alexa goes to her house to collect things cuz the Social worker instructed her to, but the house is entirely engulfed in a huge, blazing fire that destroys everything that was in the house
-Alexa's crush starts dating another girl

Marvelous, indeed!

So what do you think, and what are some other ideas? Thank you!
(At the end, Alexa gets adopted by a splendid half-Black, half-Caucasian family that all get along, and Alexa becomes best friends forever with her new sister...)

ENTJ
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:09 AM
lol.
You sort of have to laugh reading this because it's just remarkable how unlucky this girl is!
I think that she needs to have something go good for her to break the ice a bit. A realistic story is never ALWAYS awful. I think she should get back in contact with her biological parents/mother/father. And give them a story as well.

Hydroxide

Hydroxide Studio | Visit me!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:47 PM
yeah... but her biological parents are dead, lol, thats why she was adopted.... and then her adoptive mother died, yadda yadda.
She gets a great family at the end and it's like a happily ever after... Cinderella much? Not quite.

ENTJ