Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 8:30 PM

I just looked at this mesh in bodyshop it's really ugly but would be cool. Anyway I just tried to combine meshes while following the tut3 and I guess because the Bone Tool wouldn't come up it liked flunked the whole thing. It looks freaky.
Screenshots

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 6:22 AM
Well, it's really comforting to know that all of you god-meshers are quite human after all! After wondering whether you were Maxis secret agents, I realize the truth!! I bet that when you get punched you actually bleed! XD -gotta stop stealing lines from movies-
There's something I find hard to understand about this whole thread (but I'm really glad that it's the way it is): why would anyone take a picture of their own mistakes?!? It turns out to be very funny and, in some way, it makes us closer. If only I had known this sooner!! I would have shared some of my countless nights of that "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?" feeling... but I'm sure there's muuuuuch more to come!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 9:18 PM
Because it's weird Fed, that's why people do it... i guess :O

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Instructor
#79 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:02 AM
This should be at the very top of this whole thread....

WARNING: DO NOT SIP BEVERAGES WHILE VIEWING THESE IMAGES!!
Instructor
#80 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:47 AM
It's been awhile since a mesh last exploded on me, this was a surprise:

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by federiko
why would anyone take a picture of their own mistakes?!? It turns out to be very funny and, in some way, it makes us closer. If only I had known this sooner!! I would have shared some of my countless nights of that "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?" feeling... but I'm sure there's muuuuuch more to come!

1. Because it's funny, of course :P
2. For me, I take screenshots of my bloopers because sometimes it helps me see where I may have gone wrong.

I did have a pretty funny blooper of a hair mesh that got borked somehow, but I can't find it. The effect was the sim looking like she had a billboard going through the front of her face, and had random poles sticking out from the head-area which stabbed her in multiple places

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:55 AM

Here is some instersting video...:D
Banned Asshat
#83 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:31 AM Last edited by bLURR : 11th Oct 2007 at 6:55 AM.
Default Its not alway's your mesh....
Not a blooper but never saw my hood messed up like this.
Made a car and after testing it and adjusting the mesh many times i suddenly saw this in my neighbourhood view. :D
All colors share the same mesh and i used the rear window group/material settings to group all the chrome parts and somehow my comp lost track, hehe
Look at the purple one, all the chrome ripped off lol
Time for a new videocard i guess

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#84 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bLURR
Well, not a blooper if you count i forgot i set matdef to none instead of blend.
It a poserfigure wich imported in milkshape and tried wes his new autojoint's.
Lol, needs alot adjusting. :D
Got the feet working tho, there awesome:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=47857
The autojoint unfortunaly assignes bones to the wrong leg, can you fix that?
Its not a big prob with a maxis bodyshape, but this one has 30.000verts

I added the girl going in the bathtub, that's a boneassignement blooper

Okay, off topic but.. holy omg! Blurr.. that's freakin' incredible.
AAha, granted, she's got random weird foot display and strange shadows/holes.. and has serious issues getting in and out of a bathtub... but that's all bone assignment stuff... the actual model is gorgeous! How many verts does this lady have? I'm dying to see if you can get this beauty working! I've already taken a peek at the "sexy feet"... which blew my mind BTW. XD And I totally love the hands......

Ergh, I'm a classical animation graduate... sadly I've got no real 3D animation training under my belt (I'm irritated because the class under mine DID get the extra 3D training.. blargh), but anyhow.. I really appreciate the insane detail.. are you professional by any chance?

Oh look, I'm running totally off topic here in the bloopers area.
I should actually take a screencap next time I get a terrible deformity.. I'm not a stranger to them at all.. lol

*looks at the bathtub shot again* That happens to me in the bath all the time. Really! I've seen professionals about it! XD

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Banned Asshat
#85 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:22 PM Last edited by bLURR : 18th Oct 2007 at 2:27 PM.
Both lady's are diffrent meshes tho...
I stopped working on the poser girl, just ridiculous to reassigne all the bones.
I did use the feet on a default replacement but after some issue's wether i could use them or not i downed another set from the net and used those instead.
Both feet meshes(male and female) are up as a SimPE file for meshers, i recently updated them with a proper uvmap but haven't released them official on my meshes yet.
Im waiting on a default replacement skintone wich JWilson is making and will be compatible with both maxis and the sexy feet.

The girl in the tub is the Rubens bodyshape wich i almost made from scratch.
You have to visit the insim adult site for her.
She's almost finished, needs one update concerning the hands.

Well, i was a noob when starting meshing a year ago.....and stubern
Never read a tut but asked some questions here, im a 2d autocad drawer from origine so wasn't such a big step to 3d.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:25 AM
Both lady's are diffrent meshes tho...
I stopped working on the poser girl, just ridiculous to reassigne all the bones.

Aha! I was so impressed I hardly noticed the differences right away.
Both look awesome though.. (the parts that I can see out of the warpy-ness at least). <3

I should head over to insim more often.. I'm missing out on some great stuff over there. ^^

On topic now... I shall post what has instilled vast amounts of rage into my being:

SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though. I CAN NOT deal with hair bones. They hate me A LOT. Every time I try to do long hair I get this crap. Even when I literally assign every vert MYSELF for 3 hours and check all my comments, I still get THIS. Urgh... *runs off to find an advanced hair animation tutorial if one does exist*.........

BTW, ignore the crap texture. It is a testing texture. lol..

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Scholar
#87 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:28 PM
They started hating me when pets came out. Check this shizz out, same error: :D

Sometimes I fix it, sometimes I don't. The braids were fixed after trying for a long time.
Could never fix the male dreads if I assigned them to hair bones. I wanted them to bounce, or not finish them at all, and they look like a bunch of turds anyway.
Back then, the problem happened seldomly. Now it happens more and more. pisses me off to no end

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Banned Asshat
#88 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 6:05 PM Last edited by bLURR : 31st Oct 2007 at 6:24 PM.
no offence but do you guy's actual check your stuff ingame?
I know bodyshop has a hard time displaying these things correct.
When creating things/recoloring/cloning deleting/renaming etc etc Bodyshop caches get screwed easily.
Delete them on a regular basis
Same with your game caches, if there screwed you get accesoires and hair offline ez.

Now another thing that might screw things up.
I always had 2 or 3 proggy's open when creating stuff.
Milkshape and SimPE and Bodyshop to check wat i had done.
Things really got screwed up when i installed Seasons:
Or.....the SimPE version that came with Seasons........

When changing my mesh in Milkshape and imported it with SimPE in the package i wanted to check how it looked in bodyshop but it looked still the same.....i was, uh?
So i tried again, import the changed mesh with SimPE into the package.
Boot up BS, nothing.....no changes to the mesh.
Finally i figured out why.....for some strange reason SimPE blocked the Bodyshop caches when it was open with my mesh package and didn't allow bodyshop to load properly with the changed mesh.

The moment i closed SimPE first and then rebooted bs the changes took place.....
Makes you think eh.....
Scholar
#89 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 8:38 PM Last edited by Nouk : 31st Oct 2007 at 8:46 PM.
Yes, it's the same in game. Why do you think we wouldn't check? XD Now I'm tempted to take offense anyway. But that's because I keep seeing this crap in the game too often, not because of you.
Hair that pulls inside the hair and bounces around like the brain is trying to jump out IS offensive. LOL

And I've never had the cache like problem... on my pc it updates every time I change it.

I think it is a process taking place in SimPE ,that damages the hairbones in the CRES somewhere, while saving or editing a certain way.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Field Researcher
#90 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk

Sometimes I fix it, sometimes I don't. The braids were fixed after trying for a long time.
Could never fix the male dreads if I assigned them to hair bones. I wanted them to bounce, or not finish them at all, and they look like a bunch of turds anyway.
Back then, the problem happened seldomly. Now it happens more and more. pisses me off to no end

Lol. I don't get it at all! I've tried so many things now. Stuff seems to work.. but then BOOM.. it doesn't after. Argh.
I check in BS, but sometimes I get so mad I do boot up the game.. and it's the same... except the innerds are now jiggling. Which is all new kinds of sexy... /sarcasm

I've never ever made a proper hair with animations yet... it's very discouraging. Even ONE success would please me.
I don't have pets. It scares me as a modder.. so I just have all the expansions up to OFB and then I stopped buying them.. lol....

I think it's something breaking or corrupting in the cres or the actual hair bones in the skeleton... or maybe each hair has it's own set hair animation restrictions.. so if you put a long hair mesh on a skeleton or into a package made from short hair.. it won't work.. but there are those exceptions too...

I actually had an issue with adult hair working and teen not working as well...
it's too weird...

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 6:12 PM
I got this today, the normal morph looks ok, but the fat one..er..not really :/ :

There are 1000000 things that I could have done wrong (happened while adding Al's shoes to a teen mesh, but i wanted to assign bones properly, so after assigning and seeing that it works nicely, I deleted the rest of the body and exported only shoes as .simpe.. (so that i could quickly use them again maybe)and then added my already assigned shoes to the new body.. thought it would be easier.. oh well Lol
And I was so happy and proud thinking it was just a wonderful idea..
Mad Poster
#92 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 9:19 PM
twig, I think that's the funniest thing in the history of God. (and that's a long time)

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#93 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:04 AM
twig, that happens when somehow a vertex gets out of order, and the morph is not a perfect match for the original. You'll have to remake the fat morph (as per tutorial #3)

Spectacular picture, btw. Great to look at

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 10:56 AM
Lol, yep, that's what I call an explosion! I fixed the problem, I just went a bit too far with experimenting Yeah it's really funny after the frustration is gone :D
Mad Poster
#95 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 11:04 PM
Activating self-destruct sequence on reputation...insert 5 skeletons...self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...1...
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#96 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:10 AM
Not a blooper but never saw my hood messed up like this.
Made a car and after testing it and adjusting the mesh many times i suddenly saw this in my neighbourhood view. :D
All colors share the same mesh and i used the rear window group/material settings to group all the chrome parts and somehow my comp lost track, hehe
Look at the purple one, all the chrome ripped off lol
Time for a new videocard i guess

I guess someone stole your rims on the purple one. Must be the sim bandit. Someone get some cinderblocks.

Banned Asshat
#97 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:07 PM
hehe :D
Mad Poster
#98 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 5:56 PM
I recently tried making a new mesh a few days ago. I was combining parts from two existing meshes for the first time. I got it into bodyshop and the normal morph looked perfect but as soon as I went to the fat morph it exploded across my screen! I wish I had taken a screenshot because it looked like it had skeleton wings out the back.
Turns out when I looked at it again in Milkshape that I had somehow managed to delete all of the fat morph bone assignments!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 6:05 PM
Fat morphs don't need bone assignments. By default they'll tend to have them when you make them because you duplicate your original, but they don't need them.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 19th Dec 2007 at 11:18 PM.
yeah, it took me about 6 seconds to delete the 4 excess skeletons, but it still was irritating. Luckily when I assigned new bone assignments, I was smart enough to stick to the first set of bones.

Edit: as requested by porkypine, here's my removable foot. Literally.
Screenshots

Page 4 of 5