Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 7:05 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 18th Jan 2014 at 9:39 AM.
Default Help with icons please :) FIXED, see last post
Hello, today I have done something weird to my desktop. I pressed something by accident, and now my icons have gone all weird, with a gap between them (about halfway down the screen). Does anyone know how to fix it please? Sorry I don't know much about computers.

Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 11:01 AM
I'm not sure what you could have pressed, but can't you drag and drop them (several at a time if you like) back into place?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 11:58 AM
Oh mine does that all the time on my work laptop and then when I've placed my icons where I want them it moves them all back again!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 4:12 PM
Thanks for replying.

Well it's not just that they've moved, they seem to have got smaller aswell. There wouldn't have been room for a gap there before. I just had a go and they will move, thanks, so now I just have to make them bigger, does anyone know how to do that?
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM
Hold Ctrl and use the scroll wheel on your mouse up or down.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 6:26 PM
Any idea how you get them to stay where you put them? Mine jump back to all being lined up, rather than where I put them a few days later.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I managed to get them bigger by right clicking on the background and selecting View, then Medium Icons. So they're back to normal now

ajaxsirius-I think that must be what I pressed by accident. The mouse scroll wheel pops up all the time, when I don't want it to, it's really annoying.

karen lorraine-With mine it just seems to be a case of keeping trying. After I've moved mine, they sometimes move back, but I just kept moving them where I want them and it eventually seemed to stick.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 11:59 PM
Do you ever change your resolution, or hook your computer up to a projector, TV screen etc etc?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 9:38 AM
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

No I never do any of those things.

I have managed to fix it though now, I used System Restore, and it looks nice again. Hopefully it's fixed my sims problem aswell, but I haven't checked yet.

Thanks for helping!